New Public Beta on Steam -- New Networking & Overworld 2

Comments

• how can i join the beta test? i'm on steam but i can't see any update
  • Tatsuki said:

how can i join the beta test? i'm on steam but i can't see any update

I've Dmed you a video that might help.
  • -Pirate Ship stamp cant be removed with the crowbar or changed with another stamp, you can only remove it by bombing it with black bombs.
  • keeps switching from reconeccting and requesting connection and also you can change the name of any overworld so i left a cupple of hints were iv been XD
  • Ow water renders on top of transparent blocks even if its behind the block.

• when we bump on info bumper in overworld the game crashes
  • nice

rip me i don't think it will allow me to play beta sadly i have a Macbook

• Well beta looks a little fun but i don't think i would have patience crashing to many times.
  • JuIius said:

Fwify said:

Still hoping beta can be played on the iPad pro

The iPad pro doesn't have steam, pretty sure..
    I think it should be on devices. I also think we download steam on are device the same thing how u get into beta server on pc should be like that on mobile but different should be like a button for beta that you click and log into cc on ur device and it should be somewhere for you to go in cc and click beta and it will put you inside. Hopefully this made sense idk how to say some stuff or word it
  • edited April 2020
    Not sure if it's on here already but I see A LOT of people asking in hollas.

To get your overworld you need to go to the cubic store and under 'Builds' you will find overworld, it will cost you 20,000 at the moment. After that, you will have to go to the top right and select the icon that looks like the overworld you purchased. You will then have to select the magnifying glass and you will see an option under your realms to create one.
  • Punpudle said:

@SirKewberth If i play on a macbook pro i still can play on the beta ?

I have macbook air it doesn't allow it You can't use steam right for beta you need steam i'm pretty sure i can't use steam to play cc
  • PyreonPyreon Member
    edited April 2020
    i dont know if im being meticulous or anything but there's like this subtle texture problem with the overworld mountain blocks

they dont seem to want to connect to each other fluidly

Ill try to list some networking problems i can find in here:

>06/04/20 - reconnecting and requesting connection loop for some players which softlocks their account
  • my beta account Tatsuki get stuck relogging, it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting, please help me Kewberth :(
  • Can someone send me video of like how u get into beta just a question or a link to the beta??
  • PyreonPyreon Member
    edited April 2020

Can someone send me video of like how u get into beta just a question or a link to the beta??

go to your Steam Library > right click Cubic Castles > Properties > Betas > click the dropdown menu and select beta > update > play

you need a windows pc for this by the way
  • Ye I have one
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    PLEASE NOTE - Beta server will be coming down today -- We will put it back up again soon when we're ready for the next round of testing. Maybe next week or a couple weeks from now. Thanks to everyone who reported problems.
  • Oh and of course when I just try to play it 4 minutes before I try its closed??? Pls one more day I was hyped and now I cant even play it?
  • Was recubing fixed? I was testing out the recube bin, and hats actually give recubes now, and the rarer the hat, the more recubes you get
  • edited April 2020
    And when I turn my computer off and back on it's still there pls open it so I can atleast leave and play normal cc??
  • edited April 2020
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    You dont have to do anything to leave it. Just select the normal branch in steam and play cc as normal.
  • is beta over? i can't join
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    Tatsuki said:

is beta over? i can't join

it is closed for now.

PLEASE NOTE - Beta server will be coming down today -- We will put it back up again soon when we're ready for the next round of testing. Maybe next week or a couple weeks from now. Thanks to everyone who reported problems.

• @SirKewberth can we have 1 more hour??
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    oh awww if i knew it was that short then i would already have tested it
  • OMG BETA GONE WHYY?!?!?!
  • pls one more hourr
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    They opened beta to have people help with testing the new networking system. They got the information they needed to go back and make some fixes so it's closed now.