New Public Beta on Steam -- New Networking & Overworld 2

Comments

• All the doors are invisible in path of the cube
  • Really awesome, you and your team got this kewbirth!
  • 'Dragon''Dragon' Member
    edited April 2020
    -Cracked ice blocks become invisible when placed ontop of overworld water

-If you fadey foam overworld water it disappears completely even after you walk away from it or relog.

-This might be an non-overworld specific bug. But if you pulse bomb pulse blocks, and then place blocks where the pulse blocks are, the pulse blocks get completely destroyed.

The screenshot is what happens when you try to put a seeker sentry on a door, not sure if thats intended.
  • Marlboro ManMarlboro Man Member
    edited April 2020
    When a realm is locked in overworld, you're stuck inside the realm with no game tag. Also possible powers for select players for testing? Just a recommendation. Would make testing faster @SirKewberth
    edited April 2020
    You can't see anything with the slyme stamp on, and the tropical mines rendering looks a bit off.

Minor bug - You can phantom foam all doors and walk through them, but they become solid after someone enters the realm.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    'Dragon' said:

All the doors are invisible in path of the cube

The quest realms are not complete on beta. Just test entrances of first room.
  • -When you leave a room that leads to the overworld it spawns you at the top of the overworld and drops you down
    -When you name a realm with a name that already taken you get stuck and you have to relog to fix it
    edited April 2020
    You can put two mines in one area if you build a tower. Not sure if thats intended either.

(Have to place the top mine first)
  • TurtleShadowTurtleShadow Member
    edited April 2020
    Help, I can't log in the beta game. It kept saying my password is incorrect, and locked me out for one hour :(
    'Dragon' said:

^ You can't log in with your actual account, you have to make a new one.

It locked out my device, and I can't do anything. I can't even make an account
  • ^ You can't log in with your actual account, you have to make a new one.
  • Doors can be placed over the max height... so you can build as high as you want with them.
  • *JulieSings**JulieSings* Member
    edited April 2020
    -Co-op doesn't work in the overworld. They all expire in 20 seconds except for the timed claim bumper and the normal claim bumper
    Edit: They also don't work in realms
  • -Co-op doesn't work in the overworld. They all expire in 20 seconds except for the timed claim bumper and the normal claim bumper

I'm guessing its just for the beta.
    edited April 2020
    -If you bomb a mine it disappears and the stamp completely vanishes, you basically lose a stamp.

-You cant put password sentries on mannequins, they just pop off after you hit the accept button. (Haven't tried personal sentries or friend sentries)
  • CrepusCrepus Member
    edited April 2020
    'Dragon' said:

You can't see anything with the slyme stamp on

You also cant see anything when you put a blizzard stamp and foggy stamp. (just to add)

An omni-wind machine can push you through a placed mine.

• You can drive through realms and mines too, and your nametag goes weird.
  • Items disappear 3 minutes after they're dropped
  • Items disappear 3 minutes after they're dropped

Time is faster in beta server, done on purpose
  • Ragean. said:

Items disappear 3 minutes after they're dropped

Time is faster in beta server, done on purpose
    ah alright
  • Hello guys, as much know, I am the crafting guy, who need any craft in steam beta, I craft for free. Thank you.

• I really don't know how I did it.

• I really don't know how I did it.

That happens when you spam the yellow castle block thing next to a mine.
  • Very cool overworld bit of bugs people have mentioned it runs pretty smoothly since there are less people on it I have yet to crash
  • Alv'Alv' Member
    I found a weird bug :

I opened an alt , then when I go out the portal from my starter realm, I went to an empty realm(I think is old lobby), I clicked leave realm, but I still stuck there..(can't do anything at all)
  • You can rename anything. New Eden is renamed.
  • You can rename anything. New Eden is renamed.

Yeah.. @SirKewberth
  • SeiichiSeiichi Anime WorldMember
    Bug - When you're in a Car and fall to Overworld water you can't get out of the car until you relog (tested on New Eden)
  • Naegi Kun said:

Bug - When you're in a Car and fall to Overworld water you can't get out of the car until you relog (tested on New Eden)

It’s with any non solid block. Like phantom foamed blocks too.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer

Another bug list:

Official Papers don’t work
    Nukes freeze and u have to replaced them a few times.

Really no one wants to test whether you could steal weather stamp from personal mines or nah ? o-o sadly i couldn't help cuz during quarantine my siblings are occupying pc all the time rip

Just tested it. Can’t steal. The mines are not ours, we can just have them in our over worlds
    Official papers work different with overworld 2 builds. You use them inside your realm/world. Not on the stamp.

Another bug list:

Official Papers don’t work
    Nukes freeze and u have to replaced them a few times.

Really no one wants to test whether you could steal weather stamp from personal mines or nah ? o-o sadly i couldn't help cuz during quarantine my siblings are occupying pc all the time rip

Just tested it. Can’t steal. The mines are not ours, we can just have them in our over worlds
    Official papers work different with overworld 2 builds. You use them inside your realm/world. Not on the stamp.

-Co-op doesn't work in the overworld. They all expire in 20 seconds except for the timed claim bumper and the normal claim bumper

Yeah thats specific to the beta server. Can ignore coop for testing on beta. It's kind of sped up for various testing reasons.