Single Player Adventure (beta) available on Win32

SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
edited May 2016 in General Chat
Ok, so in a few minutes we will open up the single player adventure as a beta on Windows Standalone NON-STEAM. Since it's beta just be aware there may still be bugs. If you're not willing to deal with bugs then you should wait. It will probably change a little before it's all said and done.

When it's out of beta it will be what new players see, but for now, as an existing player you can try it by entering an adventure door in a lobby. The one with 2 crossed swords to the right of the big overworld door.

If you experience some bugs please let us know. If there's problems we may take it down to fix them. If it goes well we'll probably make it available to Steam players next week.

Comments

• scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    nice.... 1 more week and i can try it out as well :)
  • I had noticed that same thing too, Lucaaa, and it should not be showing.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Some doors are locked behind you strategically. Getting all the stars is probably not something you'll do first time through. It's more of a replay value thing for fun.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    You won't! Too tricky ;-) Not right away anyway.
    Just to be clear.. should be no recube image, but you should also have no perks, so hearts is supposed to be 3. There were some bugs showing in gdogs vids yes. Some things are already in my todo list to tweak a bit later before Steam.
  • Yeah the recube thing is me....
  • GenexGenex Member
    edited May 2016
    Its still Not released for IOS And Samsung? Cuz i couldnt find it in the lobby
    Nope. Just win32 for now. We're going slow because it required a lot of changes and we have to release it carefully.
  • CosmicCowCosmicCow Member
    edited May 2016
    Yes, it works, but please don't do it...
    edited May 2016
    While its true you can continue, and may not have issues, I actually don't recommend playing on non released platforms. You will hit bugs you can't with win32 as the client is not latest there yet. For the best play experience and bug free experience stick to the windows non steam version for now.
    It's just possible to hit some bugs you can't with the newest client. So it makes it hard for us to know if people report a bug if it's because they did something we didn't expect or are using an older version of the game. And of course it can ruin your adventure as you might get stuck or something.
  • Is Win32 like uhh.
    The Cubic.exe
    The umm, the Cubic Launcher one?
    Or wwit...
    The one from our website. Win32 is developer speak for windows version. And specifically the windows non-steam version in this case.
  • I am installing it, thank you.
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    Windows standalone ( aka win32 ) client download:

http://www.cubiccastles.com/CubicCastlesWindowsSetup.exe
  • MiwkyMiwky at your house stealing your Peanut butter jarMember
    omg the spudbugs <3
    Possible, but not recommended
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    Has anyone actually managed to get the 1st-star on top of the house in QBee Village?... :/
  • Kewberth says it's possible. He built the realms, with help from Mabz.
    edited May 2016
    I got it tho :/ stand on the edge of the wooden stairs/roof
    edit: btw I'm sure I should have 9 stars but it didnt add up? the one in scammington or was it just me?
    I dunno Cosmic, no offense to Kewb & Mabz but isn't possible. I spent 20 minutes I couldn't get to it, I jumped from Trees, objects, roof's, fences, lights etc... There's no way to successfully get up.
  • Umm, network is bad when I got caugh drying to get the power cube in Scammington Museum
  • CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator

I dunno Cosmic, no offense to Kewb & Mabz but isn't possible. I spent 20 minutes I couldn't get to it, I jumped from Trees, objects, roof's, fences, lights etc... There's no way to successfully get up.

It IS possible. I got that star myself when I had a run through adventure. Just try after you get double jump.
    yea it is possible, got it in my second try just stand on the edge of the roof you can reach it with that jump

I'm a rebel, nu clothes >:D
    nu

cars
    oh gahd this door xD I was so curious whats inside it, I managed to get in and all it did was exit me out of adventure mode lol hahahah I was expecting a secret haha

I found something I think should be added, just after you get scammed you go to a register to trade, I think when you press 'Accept' we should get the pop-up saying confirm this trade, and the Shop Owner saying that you should always check your pop-up.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    I couldnt find that portal ingame, where is it exactly?
  • Da  LegendDa Legend LebanonMember
    edited May 2016
    Finally done with the adventure, it was really fun and something new that we haven't seen before. Ty guys for your amazing effort into the game :) Sadly, I only made it with 13 stars D:
    I have a pic but it wouldn't upload it into the comment for some reason.
  • Anyone have any luck on iPad I must know XD I can't stand the suspense
This discussion has been closed.