Cubic Castles is UNREWARDING!

Comments

• People are struggling with their love for CC and I am over here going lalala while building lol.

IKR?!?
    ::::builds away, or would if i could enter me realms XD:::::

Poor Lucie the seas are a lonely place without our favorite pirate queen.
  • i agreed w grey! i think if ppl complaining so much n eel so negatively, they should find another game... i, for one, have a great time playing CC. and i am a higher level- 45- player who does my best to be nice n respectful to all players, even ones being quite un-nice n disrespectful to me :) and i know other upper-levels who are the same. i think if you put negativity in, that's what you tend get back. if you put positivity in, that's what you tend to get back.
    if you can't find something nice to say... mebbe find somewhere else you'd be more happy to play?

I echo your sentiments.
  • SlymeCake said:

I get that there is some SWEARING but sometimes you got to deal with it. Period.

Be happy with the game and its current events, but if you don't like it, you can just pm a mod about your problems, and they are going to deal with it.

To say that you should just 'deal with it' is to say that it should be considered excusable to break the Terms of Service. Meaning, not only should it be excusable for the community to swear, name-call, bully, and harass each-other, but also scam, exploit, and break all other rules set in CC. If it's a rule not to swear (as it is) it is inexcusable. Most of these words are already censored, yet people go out of their way to bypass the filter just to swear. How queer. We should just excuse that conduct? We should deal with it? Maybe you should rethink that statement.

Additionally, you said we should pm a mod? I assume you're referring to via. the forums. Well, the thing about that is, there are forum mods, and in-game mods. And said mods dictate the domain to which they are assigned; with some exceptions -- namely Cortana, who is both. However, you also mentioned report button. That feature is there to get the much-needed attention of mods in-game. And it seems that it simply doesn't do the trick. I'm sure many could attest.

[And here the ranting begins...]

Yeah. Everyone kisses up to mods. I see it all too much. And it's ridiculous. Mods are volunteers, correct? It's stated in the Terms of Service that no one reads, anyway. Okay. So they're volunteers and they give their sweet time to help make the community a better place. Don't they? When's that exactly?

I've heard that mods are mods, but players as well. Okay. But when they do this volunteering to become a mod, they ought to be a mod first, and a player second. There's many people that would love to take their positions and actually do something in them. But right now, we've a depressing amount of mods, and even fewer that even do something at all. -- Oh, well, they're adults and have lives and that should be respected. Sometimes they're too busy... (input buzzer sound) Annhh. Wrong. If they're too busy, they shouldn't have their position. All too often, there's no moderators online at all. And it seems this is the time the community is at it's worse. Because they know they can do all they want with little to no consequences, i.e. swearing in hollas, scamming, etc. Every time. And it's shameful how little gets done when mods are on!

Sure. Mods have done things. People have been banned. Warnings have been given... but not enough. Argue as you'd like. I'm just calling it how I see it. And speaking of seeing it. I've seen mods completely ignore reports. I've connections, so getting myself in the same room as a mod is no issue at all. I decided to be a helpful friend and help get someone to a mod after they were scammed. So, I went to a realm with two mods there. Take note, they were active (not AFK). My friend tried getting their attention to possibly get some help and shed some light on their situation. To no avail. I watched as they continuously ignored her. And then, I tried getting their attention myself. One of them responded asking me what it was I needed. I told them that my friend was trying to get their attention as they'd been scammed and needed help. What happened? Oh, they went right back to ignoring my friend and the situation. Utterly disgusting.

In summary, mods aren't getting enough done. Hate on me as much as you'd like for my statements. I honestly don't care. At all. We need more mods, or at least new mods, that want to get things done. Because less than half of the ones we have now seem like they'd even care to be anything more than a player. If even that. And there needs to be more consequence. More actions.

Regards,
    Pious
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Pious said:

SlymeCake said:

I get that there is some SWEARING but sometimes you got to deal with it. Period.

Be happy with the game and its current events, but if you don't like it, you can just pm a mod about your problems, and they are going to deal with it.

To say that you should just 'deal with it' is to say that it should be considered excusable to break the Terms of Service. Meaning, not only should it be excusable for the community to swear, name-call, bully, and harass each-other, but also scam, exploit, and break all other rules set in CC. If it's a rule not to swear (as it is) it is inexcusable. Most of these words are already censored, yet people go out of their way to bypass the filter just to swear. How queer. We should just excuse that conduct? We should deal with it? Maybe you should rethink that statement.

Additionally, you said we should pm a mod? I assume you're referring to via. the forums. Well, the thing about that is, there are forum mods, and in-game mods. And said mods dictate the domain to which they are assigned; with some exceptions -- namely Cortana, who is both. However, you also mentioned report button. That feature is there to get the much-needed attention of mods in-game. And it seems that it simply doesn't do the trick. I'm sure many could attest.

Yeah. Everyone kisses up to mods. I see it all too much. And it's ridiculous. Mods are volunteers, correct? It's stated in the Terms of Service that no one reads, anyway. Okay. So they're volunteers and they give their sweet time to help make the community a better place. Don't they? When's that exactly?

I've heard that mods are mods, but players as well. Okay. But when they do this volunteering to become a mod, they ought to be a mod first, and a player second. There's many people that would love to take their positions and actually do something in them. But right now, we've a depressing amount of mods, and even fewer that even do something at all. -- Oh, well, they're adults and have lives and that should be respected. Sometimes they're too busy... (input buzzer sound) Annhh. Wrong. If they're too busy, they shouldn't have their position. All too often, there's no moderators online at all. And it seems this is the time the community is at it's worse. Because they know they can do all they want with little to no consequences, i.e. swearing in hollas, scamming, etc. Every time. And it's shameful how little gets done when mods are on!

Sure. Mods have done things. People have been banned. Warnings have been given... but not enough. Argue as you'd like. I'm just calling it how I see it. And speaking of seeing it. I've seen mods completely ignore reports. I've connections, so getting myself in the same room as a mod is no issue at all. I decided to be a helpful friend and help get someone to a mod after they were scammed. So, I went to a realm with two mods there. Take note, they were active (not AFK). My friend tried getting their attention to possibly get some help and shed some light on their situation. To no avail. I watched as they continuously ignored her. And then, I tried getting their attention myself. One of them responded asking me what it was I needed. I told them that my friend was trying to get their attention as they'd been scammed and needed help. What happened? Oh, they went right back to ignoring my friend and the situation. Utterly disgusting.

In summary, mods aren't getting enough done. Hate on me as much as you'd like for my statements. I honestly don't care. At all. We need more mods, or at least new mods, that want to get things done. Because less than half of the ones we have now seem like they'd even care to be anything more than a player. If even that. And there needs to be more consequence. More actions.

Regards,
    Pious
    I see what you mean, I know a lot of times players don't get help from mods but a lot of times they also do. Just today I tp'ed to super and he was helping out a player that had gotten scammed. A simple solution to this problem could simply be getting some more mods. (Maybe ask some players that could be good mods and give them a test run for a week or something like that)
  • fishstepfishstep Member
    edited January 2017
    Pious said:

SlymeCake said:

Regards,
    Pious
    I completely agree that the mods aren't getting enough done, but can you really blame them? Most of the time they're probably banning people from the Cubic Town Center for "standing on the raffle box". That problem can easily be solved by making it impossible to stand on the raffle box. It's an incredibly easy solution that wouldn't require too much extra code added.

Also, where are the rules located in the game? I have only seen them on the website and on the forums. Maybe it's just me.

I can see where you are coming from and agree with you, but I also give the mods some respect because they are only following the developer's orders.

EDIT: There is also I chance of people tricking moderators into coming to there realm so that they can get a Youtube video or a screenshot. For example, the fake "Mods come I got scammed" hollas.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Scorto7 said:

This whole topic is a huge wall of negativity... as if this game seems to be the worse thing that has ever happened in your lives.
    I actually having a really hard time to find even a half sentence that speaks positively about this matter.

The only one i saw that looks at the bright side of thing is Grey. ....btw: nice :D nothing to add to that :P

is my post not positive then? :/
  • I completely agree with your point!
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator

Scorto7 said:

This whole topic is a huge wall of negativity... as if this game seems to be the worse thing that has ever happened in your lives.
    I actually having a really hard time to find even a half sentence that speaks positively about this matter.

The only one i saw that looks at the bright side of thing is Grey. ....btw: nice :D nothing to add to that :P

is my post not positive then? :/
    sorry, i know there where a few more positive notes out there.
    It's just that Yesterday i had to deal with a lot of this kind of topic from other none related forums all day long(dealing with a negative vibe all day long does tend to bring you down).
    So when i was reading this one i was eager to close it.
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    if i was to have anything negative to say about thus game at all it would only be the fact the general shift of attention has gone from building to OMG LATEST HAT!! but other than that i love it! @-GreyCoralKing- i gues we can just lalalala build untill everyone else realises that building is the whole point :P
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    edited January 2017
    The addition of vending machines is a great way to start to shift priority from shopkeeping to building as well. Less time devoted to running shops means more time to be social or to work on builds (the two things that have always been the real purpose of the game before fashion items were even added).
    Cubic Castles is a game that is only rewarding if you are optimistic :) I was angry at first about vending machines because I have always put a lot of effort into my shop. It's easy to look at things from a different perspective, though.
    So for everyone in this thread complaining about how little you get out of this game, you get what you give, and sometimes apparently bad things can be blessings in disguise ^^
    Get a better outlook, be happier, and CC might start looking better as well.
  • The addition of vending machines is a great way to start to shift priority from shopkeeping to building as well. Less time devoted to running shops means more time to be social or to work on builds (the two things that have always been the real purpose of the game before fashion items were even added).
    Cubic Castles is a game that is only rewarding if you are optimistic :) I was angry at first about vending machines because I have always put a lot of effort into my shop. It's easy to look at things from a different perspective, though.
    So for everyone in this thread complaining about how little you get out of this game, you get what you give, and sometimes apparently bad things can be blessings in disguise ^^
    Get a better outlook, be happier, and CC might start looking better as well.

I agree with the idea that less shop management *SHOULD* free up more time for other tasks.

And also, I would volunteer to be a mod, but Cortana told me (and I'm paraphrasing, as in it's close but not exactly her words) that "Asking to be a moderator is an immediate and automatic disqualifier." With that in mind, I can't help but feel like I'm taking a risk just by saying, "I would volunteer." Age-gate in mind, the list of eligible candidates is (I assume) a closely-guarded secret.
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    Yes, more moderators are needed. Alas, it is a hard thing to do for our developers, as a high level of trust among other things are needed in an individual to even consider them for the position of a moderator.

And yes, some moderators need to be more vigilant with their position. But remember, it is a very overwhelming job. I Remember it well. I Have a very high threshold, yet even i have had my moments in the past.
    It is a job, and not an entirely enjoyable one. The only enjoyment a moderator can acquire from the job, is when they can actually help someone. Rest of the time, they are hounded by fanboys, those seeking free items on which cannot be provided, dealing with abusers, and unfortunately those whom seek help where a moderator can barely help.

Scamming is a big one. Moderators are severely outnumbered and require 100% proof if any can be found in order to do something about any given scam incident.
    You must understand the severe difficulty in proving what has happened in any given incident.
    The best anti scam there is, is not the moderators. But the developers and the players themselves. We have beaten more scams by having the developers remove openings for scams, and by making the community more aware.

Here is also the hard truth about scams.
    They are self inflicted by ignorance or by lack of caution. Yes, the scammer is 100% at fault of course, but the victim must also carry a certain degree of blame as well.

We also see more scams these days, and less and less are actually no longer scared of moderators, as the penalties have been reduced to a point where it almost barely matters. There is not enough moderators to even keep up with the new penalty system to make it effective.
    It is understandable why the developers changed the penalty system though. To see it through their eyes. It is a hard thing to juggle a working business and look after its community.

In the end, it is an imperfect system, but at least we have one.

To summarize, we do need more moderators, we need vigilance from both the staff and community, the system may need to be improved. But that is all easier said than done unfortunately.
  • NO not agreed.. got all my money from hard work IM A FREE TO PLAY playing for since 2014 and with my friends became rich without scamming people... THIS GAME IS FOR INTELLIGENT PEOPLE and HARD WORKING .. not for weaklings... and softhearted
  • I agree with this. Since I started playing cubic castles people were nice and they donated me items as a starting point. That was Long ago. But now I see people swearing in the lobby doing rude and bad things. They think no one will report. IMO their thinking is really wrong, like somehow they think when we report nothing happens. I really hope that they will add a reputation system as Kewberth And Cos said above, if that is added I would really appreciate it.
  • edited January 2017
    Honestly, Im tired of working hard all just for nothing. The community has changed ALOT and the outcome is like people acting like animals. And the bans.... Yes I hate those... They are overly abused imo. People with multiple devices can still browse on their alt accounts and doing their dirty tricks. I don't even think that this is a friendly game anymore. The community hs gone too far. Throw me all your hate, but Im tired of giving my best. Im tired of doing all of this... And what do I get? Blame? Hatred? Dislike? What do I get for being a good member of the game... And those scammers... They are still walking the streets. This community is turning into a world of despair due to the fact that scammers are seldomly dealt with. And I rarely see anyone aware of this.
  • edited January 2017
    The more I read this thread, the more discouraged I feel playing this game.
    Don't even talk about scammers if you barely have been scammed before, it's not our fault.
  • Sir. PixelSir. Pixel EnglandMember
    edited January 2017
    Merely said:

It isn't welcoming at all. People with high profiles are ignorant, they only care about themselves.

Are you referring to "high profiles" as a group? I am starting to notice the unwelcoming community and have been for a time. I agree with you in a sense that greed is taking ove people. However you can't refer to everyone. At the time of starting the game, it is really hard to start off. With people who really do want to help! And some other new players befreinding people. I was doing a small "social" experiment in the game and i was on a lower level account, and most of the people who i knew on my main account would ignore me until i stated who i am and they would say "Oh, i didn't see you there".

I'll upload a video of this soon whe i get my recording laptop fixed, lol.

• if i was to have anything negative to say about thus game at all it would only be the fact the general shift of attention has gone from building to OMG LATEST HAT!! but other than that i love it! @-GreyCoralKing- i gues we can just lalalala build untill everyone else realises that building is the whole point :P

This coming from someone who had all of their bookshelves and other things stolen from their shop by someone that had slowly gained their trust; only to have them deny any reason to return them. If you're going to deny that the community has bigger issues after something like that, then you must be blind to all of it. Yes, you build. Yes you're 'successful' in the sense that you make lots of commission off your builds. Maybe things are going relatively good for you. But to hop on the bandwagon of saying there aren't bigger issues than people's obsession with hats— you might need to open your eyes.

Respectively,
    Pious
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    edited January 2017

Don't even talk about scammers if you barely have been scammed before, it's not our fault.

Again..
    BJDware said:

Here is also the hard truth about scams.
    They are self inflicted by ignorance or by lack of caution. Yes, the scammer is 100% at fault of course, but the victim must also carry a certain degree of blame as well.

It's blunt, but the hard truth.
  • PiousPious Member
    edited January 2017

I think the concept of a reputation system is a good one and something we've considered adding for a long time. Part of our reticence to do it, is because it's difficult to come up with a system that won't be abused/misused. But it's something we're looking into.

Before implementing any form of this new system, please let me suggest you watch Black Mirror, Season 3, Ep. 1: Nosedive (21 Oct. 2016). You might reconsider the idea after.
    @SirKewberth
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    @Pious : Why are you trying to make everyone feel miserable?
  • I just want to pass out Xanax like candy for all, pour a every a cup of hot cocoa, and let us all sit around a fire while I strum out happy tunes on my guitar of love. How the game is, is largely how you perceive it. It does not matter if everything is a bubbling cesspool around you not when you can build yourself a garden <3. I know bad things happen in CC and I know there are bad people but I also know there are good people who I can choose to surround myself with. Bad things seem worse if you dwell on them and allow yourself to be eaten. I understand constructive criticism but it seems that overall many are feeling down and I just want everyone to be up <3,
  • I just want to pass out Xanax like candy for all, pour a every a cup of hot cocoa, and let us all sit around a fire while I strum out happy tunes on my guitar of love. How the game is, is largely how you perceive it. It does not matter if everything is a bubbling cesspool around you not when you can build yourself a garden <3. I know bad things happen in CC and I know there are bad people but I also know there are good people who I can choose to surround myself with. Bad things seem worse if you dwell on them and allow yourself to be eaten. I understand constructive criticism but it seems that overall many are feeling down and I just want everyone to be up <3,</p>

Amen.
  • Why is the forums filled with negative stuff like this ;-;
  • What makes me most sad is how people are more willing to comment on negative posts than positive ones. Like if I created a topic called Cubic Castles Is Rewards it would be lucky to get half a page of comments and for those who commented they would more thank likely type a short sentence.
  • I think the concept of a reputation system is a good one and something we've considered adding for a long time. Part of our reticence to do it, is because it's difficult to come up with a system that won't be abused/misused. But it's something we're looking into.

Hi, I can not stay silent about this any longer.

You see, I feel like the reputation system is a good idea... in theory.

But given similar systems in other games, this is probably how it will turn out:

"hollawarp come I pay 5k cubits for you to give max rep"
    "y u no sell balloon i give 0 rep"
    "hollawarp come here nub scammer give him 0 because i say so"
    "ill give you 0 rep because I know like you"

Well, I can not say this, as I do not know what your concept is, but if it is what I think it is... it is going to be a disaster. A huge one.
  • Swissy DreamerSwissy Dreamer Playing with Asriel,Frisk,And CharaMember
    Iam just gonna leave this here

http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/5135/positive-environment#latest

I know this is an old thread, but you guys might want to read this old thread
  • PiousPious Member
    edited January 2017

What makes me most sad is how people are more willing to comment on negative posts than positive ones. Like if I created a topic called Cubic Castles Is Rewards it would be lucky to get half a page of comments and for those who commented they would more thank likely type a short sentence.

5 of the comments here belong to you. Don't like it, stop adding to it. But wait, you're probably just fishing for Karma. Apologies. You may continue. @-GreyCoralKing-
    Scorto7 said:

@Pious : Why are you trying to make everyone feel miserable?

Why do you feel I'm making everyone miserable? So many here have agreed with me. No one has complained about this post as much as you. If you don't like it, I encourage you to stop visiting it. However, some would like to like to share their opinions on this topic. I didn't know I ought to be denied that just because of how miserable it makes your feel. @Scorto7
  • edited January 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.