Why people are quitting CC

Comments

• If you want to the game to be more fun to play, you need to give quality of life suggestions. A new hat, car or pet is only fun for a few minutes, it's doesn't make the game more fun long term. SirKewberth has given y'all the opportunity to suggest (in detail) some things that would make the game more fun to play. I think you should take advantage of that and offer up some great ideas that would make you want to log in every day and encourage new players to stick around. In the meantime, we have some players that are working hard to create events that you can join. Give those some support so they will be encouraged to do more. This is a sandbox game, the community can create a lot of things to do. The devs can add some new features but it's up to us to use those features to create the fun.

Honestly, I believe this game is boring because of the community for BIG reasons.
  • edited March 2022

The Cubic Trading Center in New Eden has daily prize machines set up so anyone can share their realm or room. I have more machines to add if those start filling up regularly. I hang out in there often and see a lot of people come through to grab warps. It's a great way to share your build, event or shop. We also set up linked doors to some cool builds, free parkours and nice shops. Stop by and check those out. I plan to change the linked doors monthly if I can accumulate warps to enough suitable places.

Okay, thank you Whim!
  • If you want to the game to be more fun to play, you need to give quality of life suggestions. A new hat, car or pet is only fun for a few minutes, it's doesn't make the game more fun long term. SirKewberth has given y'all the opportunity to suggest (in detail) some things that would make the game more fun to play. I think you should take advantage of that and offer up some great ideas that would make you want to log in every day and encourage new players to stick around. In the meantime, we have some players that are working hard to create events that you can join. Give those some support so they will be encouraged to do more. This is a sandbox game, the community can create a lot of things to do. The devs can add some new features but it's up to us to use those features to create the fun.

Honestly, I believe this game is boring because of the community for BIG reasons.
    Maybe specify what issues there are so the Devs or the Community can work on them.
  • What kind of new gameplay elements would you like to see? What would let you make new gameplay in the game that would be interesting?

Sorry this reply took long I wasn't expecting SOOO many comments! What I'm suggesting FOR NOW is to add something that wouldn't get stale and make things more fun for everyone! After all this is Cubic Castles! :D

I agree with that. Have you ever considered taking some ideas from other games and improvising them? For example, I'm planning to start a "Battle Royale" gameplay which is similar to pvp. However the extra range of "Weapons" in this game are very limited. There are only 5 wands, 4 of them that are actually usable! I'm actually going to ask the community. What wands or what new features should we add?
  • MEEPYZ said:

If you want to the game to be more fun to play, you need to give quality of life suggestions. A new hat, car or pet is only fun for a few minutes, it's doesn't make the game more fun long term. SirKewberth has given y'all the opportunity to suggest (in detail) some things that would make the game more fun to play. I think you should take advantage of that and offer up some great ideas that would make you want to log in every day and encourage new players to stick around. In the meantime, we have some players that are working hard to create events that you can join. Give those some support so they will be encouraged to do more. This is a sandbox game, the community can create a lot of things to do. The devs can add some new features but it's up to us to use those features to create the fun.

Maybe specify what issues there are so the Devs or the Community can work on them.
    The devs can't do anything and the community doesn't want to.
  • Ok, but you're going to need to be really specific about what they do. With certain things... like guns and so on, one of the reasons we didn't include items like that or haven't in the past is that, like with wands, it's very hard to deal with the lag differences. In a FPS game you have mini servers just handling a few players or servers in different locations where many players can have pretty close network ping/lag -- but with an mmo style game like cubic you can have someone in japan playing someone in the US and there's a big difference in server time. (less than a second or two but that's long for twitchy action style gameplay) -- So the ideal gameplay things are things that don't rely too much on something like insta-hit or fine aim etc...

:O even I'm not insane enough to ask for those Kewberth. (Well Technically I am but that's a different story). I see how hard devs are working to release the custom texture update you're planning. However, custom texture is kind of only exciting for a few days and may have rippling effects to the game. START making ideas like those and people would want to stay ;D. Also please ask the community for opinions and don't reject their idea right away?
  • Iforo123Iforo123 Member
    edited March 2022

MEEPYZ said:

If you want to the game to be more fun to play, you need to give quality of life suggestions. A new hat, car or pet is only fun for a few minutes, it's doesn't make the game more fun long term. SirKewberth has given y'all the opportunity to suggest (in detail) some things that would make the game more fun to play. I think you should take advantage of that and offer up some great ideas that would make you want to log in every day and encourage new players to stick around. In the meantime, we have some players that are working hard to create events that you can join. Give those some support so they will be encouraged to do more. This is a sandbox game, the community can create a lot of things to do. The devs can add some new features but it's up to us to use those features to create the fun.

Pass. That's not true...... The devs can only release an update every few months. WE NEED MORE DEVS!

Update: I'm not critisizing the current devs for not working hard enough. We are ALL humans. We all need help. The lack of devs will impact the game and result in even MORE delayed updates
  • If I was paid a cubit each time a person claimed the game was dying I would be a millionaire *rolls eyes*. It has been going since 2014 and each wave of players as their interest wanes in the game declare it is going downhill. The game has only improved and gotten better since the beginning. We get updates frequently especially compared to the early days. These kind of forum posts are simply put toxic and should not be allowed. You discredit and discourage the devs. There is a difference between creating discussion for example to how to improve the game than leading with declarative statements like "The game is dying". It is simply put naïve and short sighted. These type of forum posts should be closed.

Coral I think you're stubborn. Each wave of generation has its share that quits. These waves has been going up. DUe to the lack of interest, most people go look for other games. The reason why I joined is because a friend recommended it, and I have yet finished building everything I wanted. Once i do, it gets stale......
  • MEEPYZMEEPYZ Member
    edited March 2022
    A possible solution to people quitting would be to add year-long Zillas and expand the story of BZ vs. Slymegood. In 2020 when there was BZ vs. Slymegood, tons of people came online in hopes of meeting BZ or Slymegood and also saw how the story progressed each day with BZ in Slymegoods lab and Slymegood killing BZ. Expanding the story of BZ vs. Slymegood and perhaps adding year-long Zillas would bring the fun of BZ and Slymegood year long, keeping people online. Games like Club Penguin had Mascots that came on every so often, and when they did, servers were packed. If CC did this, it could also be active like those games. CC could also use some more events. Last month was good; we had two good events, but we have gotten nothing since then. If Devs want to keep the community active. In that case, they have to do more events or get Space_Fetus to do more events and update the banner every so often instead of leaving it with outdated information, perhaps fill it up with a Realm of the week again if no events are going on, or reminders of the Rules, requests for people to apply for the Wiki or join the Forums.
  • MEEPYZ said:

A possible solution to people quitting would be to add year-long Zillas and expand the story of BZ vs. Slymegood. In 2020 when there was BZ vs. Slymegood, tons of people came online in hopes of meeting BZ or Slymegood and also saw how the story progressed each day with BZ in Slymegoods lab and Slymegood killing BZ. Expanding the story of BZ vs. Slymegood and perhaps adding year-long Zillas would bring the fun of BZ and Slymegood year long, keeping people online. Games like Club Penguin had Mascots that came on every so often, and when they did, servers were packed. If CC did this, it could also be active like those games. CC could also use some more events. Last month was good; we had two good events, but we have gotten nothing since then. If Devs want to keep the community active. In that case, they have to do more events or get Space_Fetus to do more events and update the banner every so often instead of leaving it with outdated information, perhaps fill it up with a Realm of the week again if no events are going on, or reminders of the Rules, requests for people to apply for the Wiki or join the Forums.

Good Idea! We need limited time events and cliffhangers to cheer people up and keep them interested!
  • Iforo123 said:

MEEPYZ said:

Pass. That's not true...... The devs can only release an update every few months. WE NEED MORE DEVS!

Update: I'm not critisizing the current devs for not working hard enough. We are ALL humans. We all need help. The lack of devs will impact the game and result in even MORE delayed updates
    I don't think you understand what I'm saying. I'm not talking about updates, I'm talking about players ruining others' fun
  • Iforo123 said:

MEEPYZ said:

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. I'm not talking about updates, I'm talking about players ruining others' fun
    Well that's your opinion. I think people are ruining other's fun (by indirectly scamming). However, most people usually have fun playing this game and even though some pro Players are rude as hell to noobs (Duh they're pros), most of them appreciate the noob's hard work instead of begging.
  • What kind of new gameplay elements would you like to see? What would let you make new gameplay in the game that would be interesting?

Add a Traveling merchant, he appears randomly and he sells different items for a separate currency

Add a Traveling merchant, he appears randomly and he sells different items for a separate currency
    Such as?
  • Iforo123 said:

Ok this is going to take long but I think Ik why this game is going to be assumed "dead" soon

1.We can already tell there is BARELY any updates to the gameplay. Every now and then they release packs but that is repetitive. The point of this game (other than building) is to make profit every now and then. For a professional or Original player (From 2015-2016) this gets boring. Profiting is basically all they can do other than constructing realms

2. So, adventure mode. I can see this mode has A LOT of potential for bored players as maybe you can add extensions to it? And maybe let people co-op in these sort of modes? :D it would make a difference THATS for sure

3. Other than "games", there are two types of game inputted into CC. Bomb games and Pulse Games. However can't we add more kind of gameplay into this? I'm thinking about recommending poison gas for Battle Royale gameplay. I can improvise if you decide not to add it by blowing up platform with a bottomless stamp but still.....

4. Final reason. INSANE prices. The most expensive item is the Ram (Thanks to Sinister for mentioning) Which is worth 3m!! 3m is an INSANELY expensive price. The only way imagineable you can get 3m is by buying from the C shop or grinding for 5 yrs. Also the Cupid Halo, Krampus 2014, Headless, Scythe and more are closely lagging behind. If people want to inflate that price soooo much to the DAMMIT point near anyone can't buy it, add it in the next pack to lower the price drastically.

Ik I'm going to have a lot of haters for this, but it's just my point of view on how Cubic Castles can improve. A lot.

GOOD NEWS. I have just found an additional reason.
    Pen's Yard Rentals Giveaways.
    It discourages people IF they don't win the plot.
    However, PYR giveaways aren't banned meaning that more people will be influenced to quit because of it.
    From my experience pro players who has Soooo much C already are just thirsty for more

The Irony of it eh?
  • Iforo123Iforo123 Member
    edited March 2022
    Iforo123 said:

Iforo123 said:

Ok this is going to take long but I think Ik why this game is going to be assumed "dead" soon

1.We can already tell there is BARELY any updates to the gameplay. Every now and then they release packs but that is repetitive. The point of this game (other than building) is to make profit every now and then. For a professional or Original player (From 2015-2016) this gets boring. Profiting is basically all they can do other than constructing realms

2. So, adventure mode. I can see this mode has A LOT of potential for bored players as maybe you can add extensions to it? And maybe let people co-op in these sort of modes? :D it would make a difference THATS for sure

3. Other than "games", there are two types of game inputted into CC. Bomb games and Pulse Games. However can't we add more kind of gameplay into this? I'm thinking about recommending poison gas for Battle Royale gameplay. I can improvise if you decide not to add it by blowing up platform with a bottomless stamp but still.....

4. Final reason. INSANE prices. The most expensive item is the Ram (Thanks to Sinister for mentioning) Which is worth 3m!! 3m is an INSANELY expensive price. The only way imagineable you can get 3m is by buying from the C shop or grinding for 5 yrs. Also the Cupid Halo, Krampus 2014, Headless, Scythe and more are closely lagging behind. If people want to inflate that price soooo much to the DAMMIT point near anyone can't buy it, add it in the next pack to lower the price drastically.

Ik I'm going to have a lot of haters for this, but it's just my point of view on how Cubic Castles can improve. A lot.

However, PYR giveaways aren't banned meaning that more people will be influenced to quit because of it.
    From my experience pro players who has Soooo much C already are just thirsty for more

The Irony of it eh?
    Update: I found YET another reason for people quitting CC
    Scammers who deny they didn't scam someone
    Scamming does not have to be directly stealing people's items. It could come from pulse games, bomb games and more. HOWEVER, once you DO report these to support, and you confront the scammer, they get all angry about it and say "I didn't get a warning from support and blah blah blah and so on"

So yeah please teach these stupid scammers a lesson please and thank you.
  • Iforo123 said:

Iforo123 said:

The Irony of it eh?
    Iforo123 said:

Iforo123 said:

Iforo123 said:

The Irony of it eh?
    Scamming does not have to be directly stealing people's items. It could come from pulse games, bomb games and more. HOWEVER, once you DO report these to support, and you confront the scammer, they get all angry about it and say "I didn't get a warning from support and blah blah blah and so on"
    You should probably edit your previous comment instead of making multiple comments.
    Also, I'm sure nobody quits because of Pen's giveaways and them not winning. If they quit because they don't win a prize, then this game isn't for them.
    And Scamming is when they steal someone's items or Cubits. Faking a giveaway isn't a scam unless there are things you have to pay for in the giveaway.
  • MEEPYZ said:

Iforo123 said:

Iforo123 said:

The Irony of it eh?
    Iforo123 said:

Iforo123 said:

Iforo123 said:

The Irony of it eh?
    You should probably edit your previous comment instead of making multiple comments.
    Also, I'm sure nobody quits because of Pen's giveaways and them not winning. If they quit because they don't win a prize, then this game isn't for them.
    And Scamming is when they steal someone's items or Cubits. Faking a giveaway isn't a scam unless there are things you have to pay for in the giveaway.
    Put it in this scenario. You paid for warps. The hoster says "after this whoever dies loses". The person doesn't get a refund. Is that scamming? Hmmmmmmmmmm
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Iforo123 said:

Pen's Yard Rentals is not an official realm. I'm not sure why you would expect the devs to ban giveaways in a player's realm just because it's popular. Anyone that goes to a giveaway should know that it's just for fun and chances are that they won't win.

Scammers exist anywhere there is an economy, in games and in real life. The best defense against them is to play smart. Yes, there are some scams that are hard to avoid but most scams can be avoided. You worked hard for what you have, YOU have to protect YOUR stuff.
    Don't give anyone perm in your realm, they don't need it.
    Don't loan items or cubits to anyone for even a minute.
    If you are going to open a shop, do it alone or use one of the trusted community shops until you can afford a solo shop.
    Always read the confirmation screens on registers and vending machines. An honest person will not rush you or make multiple changes to confuse things, take your time and read before hitting yes.
    Don't play 'pay to play' games run by people you don't know unless it's cheap and you are just doing it for fun.
    Those are some of the most common things we get reports on and most could have been avoided.
  • SPY C.SPY C. Member
    edited March 2022

What kind of new gameplay elements would you like to see? What would let you make new gameplay in the game that would be interesting?

If you ask my opinion, To be honestly the reason why players get bored of this game and leave the game is because the developers do not pay attention to the game as before. Now you will understand what i mean. I don't know if you're aware, but it's been more than a month since valentine's day and if we look in-game, the valentine's day pack is still there, and there is an announcement of the valentine's day poem contest in the system message, although this event is over. Was this game like this before, you old players be honest and tell me ? In the past, packs used to go earlier in 2-3 weeks, sometimes even earlier, the system message was always kept up to date and followed. We had a monthly raffle event and every day you entered it gave you a raffle token which gave you a chance to win. Now there is no such event. There is no reason left in the game to encourage players to enter the game every day. If the developers really care about this game and its players, if they want to see their games played actively, they should pay more attention to the game and the wishes of the players. For example, my advice to you, the administrators, is that you should add a reward system that will encourage you to enter the game every day, or add a raffle event as before. Also you should update the daily quest system I don't believe 80% of the players did them. Either by increasing the amount of rewards(50c>200c), making the quests easier, or giving different extra rewards. "Mine 20 lava and get a random hat (from the hat pack)". It's very difficult to get things in the game, as you can see, everyone wants to buy things with high value, so you have to provide opportunities for people to buy them, the price of which is very expensive. I know that you are adding special seasonal events for this, but you developers are aware as we. When those events are not available, the number of players drops significantly, players do not want to open the game and play. There must be something other than those seasonal events. If you don't want to lose your players, you should give them plenty of rewards. You have added something very nice to the game recently, everyone can see how many years they have been playing this game. But this is not enough in my opinion, there should be an achievement table like in other games, it should give you cubits or unique rewards as you complete the achievements there. Is it enough to give just one decorative trophy to a player who has been playing your game for 7 years ? You have to buy it from the store even just to give a decorative look to your player who has been playing for 7 years nonstop for hours every day, to be able to place it and show it to other players. This sounds a bit strange. That thing should be craftable in my opinion instead of buying it from the store. There should also be a thank you gift or special award for playing our game for 7 years. I know since then, most of those players are rich players who have almost finished the game, but there are some who have had bad experiences too (theft and similar things). You should give them a great gift both to prevent them from quitting the game and to return the players who left the game to the game again. Example maybe a random super rare ? Or a large amount of cubits (200k) ? When they hear about these awards, I'm sure they will all be excited and want to play the game. I know these are huge amounts, but don't you think a player who has been playing for 7 years deserves such an award ? It will also revive the economy of the game (most super rare items will drop in price and become easier to buy). I'm sure there will be players who will abuse it, they will have played on their alt accounts for 7 years, but you need to take precautions for this, you have to prevent it from happening. Why isn't there a pass system in the game? I've always thought about this for years. I can help you with an idea of ​​how it would be by combining the daily quest system with it. A daily quest may come regularly at a certain time each day, and when you complete this daily quest, you will advance one step. Pass can have both a free and a paid part on a monthly basis. If you pay real money and buy passes, you will receive 2 daily missions every day, so you can complete the season quickly (when you finish 15 days early, it can give you 200c per mission you complete). You can also find special wearables, special decorative items, special pets and special cars in the pass you buy with money. Isn't there anything special for the free part? Of course there is something really valuable and special for this season at certain steps or at the last step. So what if the player missed the daily missions one day then what? The player can step up for a certain amount (400c-1k). Note: Daily quests are not stackable. You must complete them within 24 hours or they will disappear and new ones will arrive! I personally would like to see such things in the game and it would add difference to the game, but the developers need to work hard for these to happen. Do you have a large enough team or time to realize these? Because I think how many months we have been waiting for the npc update, when it was first announced, everyone was very excited and you said that it will be in the game soon. But it's been a really long time, and all my excitement for myself is gone. Please don't judge me after reading this line, everyone here expresses their opinion freely and I shared my own opinion, good or bad. I'm sorry @SirKewberth if I said something wrong but I just want to see it develop as someone who loves this game so much.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    @Iforo123 please don’t multi post. You should edit your previous comment instead.
  • U said:

@Iforo123 please don’t multi post. You should edit your previous comment instead.

Oops Sorry!

Also if you play Cubic Castles whats ur name in CC hmmmm

No offense btw
  • Someone should probably convince kewb
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited January 2023
  • I agree with Cj that daily quest is boring and 50c is less . Like I said in the first page maybe if you finish daily quest you will receive a special token , collect as many , there will be a new official realm with many npc to trade special clothing/items .

Or

Return the monthly raffle , each month devs add 5 of 1 discontinued rare (Theres still a lot old rares didn't return from fishing) for people to join raffle . Complete the daily you'll receive the raffle token . To make it non-cheating , Only 1 account from the Ip will be able to get raffle token from daily quest , you cant trade and drag to others , cant be dropped , if you store them in chest only you can take it out , if you grab the chest the token wont drop it WILL just disappear . This way can make people log CC daily and it turns to be lively . Also , add a new raffle token , so people cant use the 'hoarded' one
    Raffle ends by the end of month and winners will be announced in first day of next month on facebook . This doesn't hurt the price of rares and it's following the 5 per year policy and it prevents the collector rise them insane prices

The game needs a bit more than just a monthly raffle to gain players. We need a BIG gameplay changing update to bring lots of players.
  • I agree with Cj that daily quest is boring and 50c is less . Like I said in the first page maybe if you finish daily quest you will receive a special token , collect as many , there will be a new official realm with many npc to trade special clothing/items .

Or

Return the monthly raffle , each month devs add 5 of 1 discontinued rare (Theres still a lot old rares didn't return from fishing) for people to join raffle . Complete the daily you'll receive the raffle token . To make it non-cheating , Only 1 account from the Ip will be able to get raffle token from daily quest , you cant trade and drag to others , cant be dropped , if you store them in chest only you can take it out , if you grab the chest the token wont drop it WILL just disappear . This way can make people log CC daily and it turns to be lively . Also , add a new raffle token , so people cant use the 'hoarded' one
    Raffle ends by the end of month and winners will be announced in first day of next month on facebook . This doesn't hurt the price of rares and it's following the 5 per year policy and it prevents the collector rise them insane prices

https://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/32610/bring-back-raffles#latest
  • This game needs more featured items. And i think some stuffs' prices are high are reasonable, sir kewb work hard on this game he deserves money for the time he worked on this game.
  • This game needs more featured items. And i think some stuffs' prices are high are reasonable, sir kewb work hard on this game he deserves money for the time he worked on this game.

Ya i think that if you play a game, most of the time you can’t get everything you want, because like idk you just can’t, and I don’t think that’s too much of a problem, especially since there aren’t too many things like that. Having a few things that you would actually need to pay to get unless you’ve been playing this game for years and years is ok I think. And they get Kewb money if people wanna get them and I think that that’s good too. Like, he’s gotta make money if the game is gonna keep going.
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited January 2023