Why people are quitting CC

Iforo123Iforo123 Member
edited March 2022 in General Chat
Ok this is going to take long but I think Ik why this game is going to be assumed "dead" soon

1.We can already tell there is BARELY any updates to the gameplay. Every now and then they release packs but that is repetitive. The point of this game (other than building) is to make profit every now and then. For a professional or Original player (From 2015-2016) this gets boring. Profiting is basically all they can do other than constructing realms

2. So, adventure mode. I can see this mode has A LOT of potential for bored players as maybe you can add extensions to it? And maybe let people co-op in these sort of modes? :D it would make a difference THATS for sure

3. Other than "games", there are two types of game inputted into CC. Bomb games and Pulse Games. However can't we add more kind of gameplay into this? I'm thinking about recommending poison gas for Battle Royale gameplay. I can improvise if you decide not to add it by blowing up platform with a bottomless stamp but still.....

4. Final reason. INSANE prices. The most expensive item is the Ram (Thanks to Sinister for mentioning) Which is worth 3m!! 3m is an INSANELY expensive price. The only way imagineable you can get 3m is by buying from the C shop or grinding for 5 yrs. Also the Cupid Halo, Krampus 2014, Headless, Scythe and more are closely lagging behind. If people want to inflate that price soooo much to the DAMMIT point near anyone can't buy it, add it in the next pack to lower the price drastically.

Ik I'm going to have a lot of haters for this, but it's just my point of view on how Cubic Castles can improve. A lot.

Comments

• Iforo123 said:

Ok this is going to take long but I think Ik why this game is going to be assumed "dead" soon

1.We can already tell there is BARELY any updates to the gameplay. Every now and then they release packs but that is repetitive. The point of this game (other than building) is to make profit every now and then. For a professional or Original player (From 2015-2016) this gets boring. Profiting is basically all they can do other than constructing realms

2. So, adventure mode. I can see this mode has A LOT of potential for bored players as maybe you can add extensions to it? And maybe let people co-op in these sort of modes? :D it would make a difference THATS for sure

3. Other than "games", there are two types of game inputted into CC. Bomb games and Pulse Games. However can't we add more kind of gameplay into this? I'm thinking about recommending poison gas for Battle Royale gameplay. I can improvise if you decide not to add it by blowing up platform with a bottomless stamp but still.....

4. Final reason. INSANE prices. The most expensive item is the Cupid's halo which is 1.5m! 1.5m is an INSANELY expensive price. The only way imagineable you can get 1.5m is by buying from the C shop or grinding for 5 yrs. Also the Krampus 2014, Headless, Scythe and more are closely lagging behind. If people want to inflate that price soooo much to the DAMMIT point near anyone can't buy it, add it in the next pack to lower the price drastically.

Ik I'm going to have a lot of haters for this, but it's just my point of view on how Cubic Castles can improve. A lot.

actually unplaced ram is 3m and they are working on custom npc's and custom blocks so yeah, also they do seasonal events so no its not repetiticve they usually release an event along side the pack, goofy
  • Iforo123Iforo123 Member
    edited March 2022

Iforo123 said:

4. Final reason. INSANE prices. The most expensive item is the Cupid's halo which is 1.5m! 1.5m is an INSANELY expensive price. The only way imagineable you can get 1.5m is by buying from the C shop or grinding for 5 yrs. Also the Krampus 2014, Headless, Scythe and more are closely lagging behind. If people want to inflate that price soooo much to the DAMMIT point near anyone can't buy it, add it in the next pack to lower the price drastically.

actually unplaced ram is 3m and they are working on custom npc's and custom blocks so yeah, also they do seasonal events so no its not repetiticve they usually release an event along side the pack, goofy
    Well Custom Npcs would be nice and custom blocks are creative but what else?
    Custom Blocks are really creative and would add quite a bit of spice to building.
    Custom NPCS is only really usable for a realm OR if they make a new adventure mode...

• 2> Extending adventure mode wouldn't do much to keep interest, it's just an extra mini-adventure, and anyone can make their own adventures.
    3> Also, the "games" are player-made, so that is up to the community.
    4> The situation on Rares is a little crazy I agree, but most they could do though is try to add more rares through events fishing, or raffles.
  • MEEPYZ said:

2> Extending adventure mode wouldn't do much to keep interest, it's just an extra mini-adventure, and anyone can make their own adventures.
    4> The situation on Rares is a little crazy I agree, but most they could do though is try to add more rares through events fishing, or raffles.

1. Fine thats true. However, some people are more the adventurous type and ppl rarely make their own adventures
    2. Then I blame the community for it! BE more creative! :P
    3. Wouldnt help decrease the price. It'll just inflate them even more.
  • Iforo123 said:

MEEPYZ said:

2> Extending adventure mode wouldn't do much to keep interest, it's just an extra mini-adventure, and anyone can make their own adventures.

WHat? that makes 0 sense
  • I also add that they need to UP their game at scammers
    edited March 2022

I also add that they need to UP their game at scammers

I agree on that. I've discussed with Whim about "What if the person bans you from his realm and you have no evidence".

Recently I have been scammed by ********** (Not mentioning name for confidentiality) and support was quick to respond. However I wonder if the person got banned for his actions.

HOWEVER, this was only because that person DIDN'T ban me from his realm. If he did I'd have no evidence and support probably wouldn't do anything about it.

So Yes, I think support and Mods have to up their game if they're going to catch scammers :)

(Btw mods ik you're going to say you can take the name of the realm and report it but in a ROOM'S case it's impossible to find the name of the realm nearest to it before you get banned. I suggest erasing rooms completely and making "Realms Only")
    edited March 2022

Iforo123 said:

MEEPYZ said:

WHat? that makes 0 sense
    Welcome to the community Sinister. The only way to balance things out again is by readding them into the packs. Otherwise the community would just inflate them more :D

ALSO if you're confused 3 is actually for 4. Sooo yeah :)
  • Iforo123 said:

Iforo123 said:

MEEPYZ said:

WHat? that makes 0 sense
    Welcome to the community Sinister. The only way to balance things out again is by readding them into the packs. Otherwise the community would just inflate them more :D

When they add back old items, it usually drops their price, I don't see how it inflates the price because that would mean when they add back items they will rise in price which makes no logical sense, and has never happened.
  • MEEPYZ said:

Iforo123 said:

Iforo123 said:

MEEPYZ said:

WHat? that makes 0 sense

When they add back old items, it usually drops their price, I don't see how it inflates the price because that would mean when they add back items they will rise in price which makes no logical sense, and has never happened.
    I quoted it wrong.. You see when old stuff are added back it decreases balancing the price.
    HOWEVER, if they are not added back in FOREVER it will inflate the dammit price to the point that nobody can buy it..
  • Well, the Ram is expensive because it is limited like there are "5 rams per year" policy :). You mentioned that items are expensive, but many items are cheap, even a hat worth 15c.

Personally, cubic castles is the only game I've been active in, you can call it boring if you are a boring person. There's no stress in this game unless you are the "stress".
  • AzsimuthAzsimuth Member
    edited March 2022
    I can see why the game can feel stale, yes there are updates, but they usually just clothes, new usuable stuff is much rarer. Depending on how custom npcs and blocks will be implomented it will probably really help the staleness, looking forward to it. it opens the gates, but if they're going to be limited, then i think its mostly just going to be a novelty.
  • Hey guys, I'm back and it's been a while.
    I think the issue is that we're just moving on. The game is nice and calm and more meant for just hanging out with people. There's also other stuff like bomb games, mining, etc. I think the problem is that there is only so much you can squeeze out of a game like this. What we need is stuff like events, more games and something to keep the community involved a bit more. The game is nice, but I do think it's getting stale.
  • CubicCubic Member
    There are hundreds and hundreds of clothing items and pets that are cheap why do you have to buy the one pet that is 3m?
    If they added back the ramm it would cause even more people to quit because all the old players who earnt their c and have a ramm, all their hard work over so long would be gone, or even their money they spent irl
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    What kind of new gameplay elements would you like to see? What would let you make new gameplay in the game that would be interesting?
  • What kind of new gameplay elements would you like to see? What would let you make new gameplay in the game that would be interesting?

Things like bomb games. You could try making items that would change up the gameplay. For example, laser guns that kill someone in one hit which could make minigames like laser tag. Those spinning blender things which knock someone out by touch could make for some cool minigames too, the list goes on.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Ok, but you're going to need to be really specific about what they do. With certain things... like guns and so on, one of the reasons we didn't include items like that or haven't in the past is that, like with wands, it's very hard to deal with the lag differences. In a FPS game you have mini servers just handling a few players or servers in different locations where many players can have pretty close network ping/lag -- but with an mmo style game like cubic you can have someone in japan playing someone in the US and there's a big difference in server time. (less than a second or two but that's long for twitchy action style gameplay) -- So the ideal gameplay things are things that don't rely too much on something like insta-hit or fine aim etc...
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited December 2022
  • Ok, but you're going to need to be really specific about what they do. With certain things... like guns and so on, one of the reasons we didn't include items like that or haven't in the past is that, like with wands, it's very hard to deal with the lag differences. In a FPS game you have mini servers just handling a few players or servers in different locations where many players can have pretty close network ping/lag -- but with an mmo style game like cubic you can have someone in japan playing someone in the US and there's a big difference in server time. (less than a second or two but that's long for twitchy action style gameplay) -- So the ideal gameplay things are things that don't rely too much on something like insta-hit or fine aim etc...

Oh yeah there's that. You could try to implement moving NPCs, you could make them walk, jump, attack you with a touch, and shoot with a wand. It's basically a moving mannequin. That could lead to some interesting ideas from the community!
  • edited March 2022
    If I was paid a cubit each time a person claimed the game was dying I would be a millionaire *rolls eyes*. It has been going since 2014 and each wave of players as their interest wanes in the game declare it is going downhill. The game has only improved and gotten better since the beginning. We get updates frequently especially compared to the early days. These kind of forum posts are simply put toxic and should not be allowed. You discredit and discourage the devs. There is a difference between creating discussion for example to how to improve the game than leading with declarative statements like "The game is dying". It is simply put naïve and short sighted. These type of forum posts should be closed.
  • Orran9827Orran9827 Member
    edited March 2022

Ok, but you're going to need to be really specific about what they do. With certain things... like guns and so on, one of the reasons we didn't include items like that or haven't in the past is that, like with wands, it's very hard to deal with the lag differences. In a FPS game you have mini servers just handling a few players or servers in different locations where many players can have pretty close network ping/lag -- but with an mmo style game like cubic you can have someone in japan playing someone in the US and there's a big difference in server time. (less than a second or two but that's long for twitchy action style gameplay) -- So the ideal gameplay things are things that don't rely too much on something like insta-hit or fine aim etc...

Oh yeah there's that. You could try to implement moving NPCs, you could make them walk, jump, attack you with a touch, and shoot with a wand. It's basically a moving mannequin. That could lead to some interesting ideas from the community!
    please, chill, he is JUST almost done with the NPCs, please don't make our wait time even longer...
  • edited March 2022

So like adding a bot into games? +1
    I also like the idea of co-op adventure and about what I said earlier about scammers, they also need a way to return items, because I feel (from personal and friendly occasions) that just banning the scammer doesn't do anything because the scammed still have lost something.
  • What kind of new gameplay elements would you like to see? What would let you make new gameplay in the game that would be interesting?

I think a way to share what you've made/built, since like in the old eden ppl just had their realms everywhere and you could hop in a random one and maybe find a cool thing, and IK it had to be changed but I think that idea, of ppl being able to put down their builds and things for anyone to hop into at random is good, so a place for ppl to be able to do that would be nice, because then other ppl could see what you made, and you could go around and see what other ppl made too. i dunno maybe this is a bad suggestion because like you can make your own overworld? but some ppl dont have them and just because you make an overworld doesnt mean that other people are gonna go and see the stuff inside.
    *this is a random idea I just thought of and it might be bad* maybe you could make a thing where, people make a build, get a warp bumper into it, and put the warp food in a official place and then anyone could stop by and get a warp to the place and eat it and go look around.

If other people dont have the problem of not finding any random places to just look around maybe can you tell me what you do so I could do it too and explore random places
  • MEEPYZMEEPYZ Member
    edited March 2022

What kind of new gameplay elements would you like to see? What would let you make new gameplay in the game that would be interesting?

I would rather have reworks of old stuff like Clans, PVP, Profiles, etc.
    Clans - 1. Making one special role for the owner only, 2. allowing people to create new roles and edit old ones, 3. Old clans with no leaders being deleted so others can claim that Clan name. 4. More Clan Races.
    PVP - More Wands, I suggested a stun wand before, which would be an extra fun wand to use, PVP blocks that let us decide what wands you are allowed to use, Team bumpers or flags to allow people to be put on teams where they can't attack other members, it would also be cool if you met mobs that attacked you while you mined to make it extra fun, and would deter auto clickers because the mobs would mess with the auto clicker.
    Profiles - Allow Customizable profiles on CC, like having a Realm list, Level, Clan, etc. I remember a few years ago, someone made a suggestion about it, and it looked interesting.
  • edited March 2022
    MEEPYZ said:

it would also be cool if you met mobs that attacked you while you mined to make it extra fun, and would deter auto clickers because the mobs would mess with the auto clicker.

Badness for autoclickers is good, but I think lots of people (including me) would not find it fun to have some random stuff attack us while just trying to go mining. Also, the only way I could think of defeating them would be with wands, and not everyone carries a wand with them everywhere.
  • Perhaps we should wait for Custom NPCs and blocks update. I can see a whole new cubic experience with qbees building their own story modes around realms and communicating with "bots" designed by other players. Excited!
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

*this is a random idea I just thought of and it might be bad* maybe you could make a thing where, people make a build, get a warp bumper into it, and put the warp food in a official place and then anyone could stop by and get a warp to the place and eat it and go look around.

If other people dont have the problem of not finding any random places to just look around maybe can you tell me what you do so I could do it too and explore random places

The Cubic Trading Center in New Eden has daily prize machines set up so anyone can share their realm or room. I have more machines to add if those start filling up regularly. I hang out in there often and see a lot of people come through to grab warps. It's a great way to share your build, event or shop. We also set up linked doors to some cool builds, free parkours and nice shops. Stop by and check those out. I plan to change the linked doors monthly if I can accumulate warps to enough suitable places.
  • Hey, if this is discussion is becoming a gameplay improvement suggestions thread, then let me throw some in...
    (I'll edit this if I'm intruding on your discussion topic though)

I also want to see some updates/improvements to pvp, but if we need to be specific, making them more fair would help. Being able to limit abilities would be nice. A realm setting that allows you to turn off certain wands or perks. Also new weapon designs would be cool; adding "wands" that aren't actually "wands," like throwing snowballs or paper airplanes.

Soccer balls/basket balls etc. could use some upgrades. While we know it's not possible to keep them from lagging because of other player's pings, they randomly stop working and get stuck onto blocks. Then you just have to pop them.

Let's not forget though that the devs worked hard (hopefully) to give us what we have now: thank you SirKewberth if you see this message. They deserve more love and thanks then they get. The game is already great.

Responding to the original discussion subject, yes, it does get stale from time to time. There are seasonal events though that Cosmic Cow gives us every year, aside from what Space_Fetus provides. A lot of people just don't know what to do so they get bored.

Maybe try to add hats with more particles (like headless)
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    If you want to the game to be more fun to play, you need to give quality of life suggestions. A new hat, car or pet is only fun for a few minutes, it's doesn't make the game more fun long term. SirKewberth has given y'all the opportunity to suggest (in detail) some things that would make the game more fun to play. I think you should take advantage of that and offer up some great ideas that would make you want to log in every day and encourage new players to stick around. In the meantime, we have some players that are working hard to create events that you can join. Give those some support so they will be encouraged to do more. This is a sandbox game, the community can create a lot of things to do. The devs can add some new features but it's up to us to use those features to create the fun.