Quick status update

Comments

• Gollum said:

I think the majority of us appreciate the sneak peeks, and if you don't like it, no need to insult the devs and try get the fun removed and spoil it for the majority.

I would like to see the sneak peeks continued, and I'm sure more people would as well, rather than just have it all blasted on us last minute. This way we have time to prepare, plan and gather whatever we need to be ready for the upcoming updates. Don't like it ? Don't read the thread :P

There was no insulting. I personally get angry at the developers when they show things that look finalized when there are still months of preparation to do. I know other people get angry as well.
    I am not saying we need to not be informed. I am saying we don't need to be informed so early. Go with a week. Go with two weeks. Go with a month, even. But 3-6 months is a little ridiculous and you can't blame people for being angry. It doesn't take 3 months to build a realm for an update. It doesn't take most people more than a week.
    That's exactly what i'm talking about you don't expect people to wait for a movie 3 months and this is a game you play everyday and you get bored with...
    Offtopic: what happened to the Postal hat and crocksin hat, new cubes and many many more, are they on the famous 'to do list'?
    Someone told me(won't tell name) that the to do list is on the to do list lol
  • Gollum said:

I think the majority of us appreciate the sneak peeks, and if you don't like it, no need to insult the devs and try get the fun removed and spoil it for the majority.

I would like to see the sneak peeks continued, and I'm sure more people would as well, rather than just have it all blasted on us last minute. This way we have time to prepare, plan and gather whatever we need to be ready for the upcoming updates. Don't like it ? Don't read the thread :P

There was no insulting. I personally get angry at the developers when they show things that look finalized when there are still months of preparation to do. I know other people get angry as well.
    I am not saying we need to not be informed. I am saying we don't need to be informed so early. Go with a week. Go with two weeks. Go with a month, even. But 3-6 months is a little ridiculous and you can't blame people for being angry. It doesn't take 3 months to build a realm for an update. It doesn't take most people more than a week.
    They're working on it, without them you won't even be playing this game . In every situation, you should thank them for sneek peeks instead of yelling, you don't know how much work there is behind it , even if it looks finished, it certainly isn't .
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    edited August 2017
    CosmicCow said:

So here's the latest...

We pushed a new Steam and iOS client today, Android tomorrow...
    Once iOS is approved, we will release the our new Summer Bummer Pack! Farm testing continues. Still no hard date for farming but the summer pack should keep you guys busy for a little bit while we finish!

Yes Ashi, yes this is 3-6 months... *claps*

You go test something- they're a 2 man team (3 if Beta is included) you're expecting too much from them. They're trying to give us what we want, sneak peaks, it's not their fault- 1 bug they run into can hold them back days

Might as well just never do sneakpeeks and drop something like farming on us the same day you tell us...
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    -Gundam- said:

They're working on it, without them you won't even be playing this game . In every situation, you should thank them for sneek peeks instead of yelling, you don't know how much work there is behind it , even if it looks finished, it certainly isn't .

There is giving a sneak peek. And then there is teasing.
    For me and many others, a 3-6 month wait is like dangling a carrot and yanking it back every time it's almost within reach.
    I do not mind a sneak peek. I am grateful for sneak peeks. But people do not enjoy feeling like they are being teased, and this is two recent updates that have ridiculously long wait times.
    And I understand that they are complex. And I understand that they take time.
    Take all the time you need, just DON'T SHOW US until it's almost ready.
  • GollumGollum South AfricaMember, Retired Moderator

-Gundam- said:

There is giving a sneak peek. And then there is teasing.
    For me and many others, a 3-6 month wait is like dangling a carrot and yanking it back every time it's almost within reach.
    I do not mind a sneak peek. I am grateful for sneak peeks. But people do not enjoy feeling like they are being teased, and this is two recent updates that have ridiculously long wait times.
    And I understand that they are complex. And I understand that they take time.
    Take all the time you need, just DON'T SHOW US until it's almost ready.
    I say again, don't like it, don't keep up with it, you can't blame the devs for forcing you to read the threads and watch all the videos.

But lets end this before we sway off topic
  • Wow this thread got busy ^_^! Grey is so grateful to the devs <3 <3 <3! I know we are a fickle and often mentally crazy bunch but know that deep in our hearts we cherish you. Even if we are actively wielding pitch forks and trying to burn down the Parliament building.

I think the news we have gotten and what we have received is perfect. The problem is us, we are chomping at the bit, watching the clock waiting....waiting :O:. I like the various tidbits we have received like you were in regression testing. Even though Grey has no idea what that means it sure sounds fancy.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Regression testing is where you go back and try all the old stuff you didn't change to make sure none of the new changes broke something that was already working. There's a limit to this and you can always miss stuff because there are so many possible combinations of scenarios to look over, but we do make some effort to re-test old features after adding new ones as a safety measure.
  • Regression testing is where you go back and try all the old stuff you didn't change to make sure none of the new changes broke something that was already working. There's a limit to this and you can always miss stuff because there are so many possible combinations of scenarios to look over, but we do make some effort to re-test old features after adding new ones as a safety measure.

Case in point, we had to roll back due to firetraps killing everyone in a realm, tommygun-style. There was also a hidey bumper issue.
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited August 2017
    CosmicCow said:

So here's the latest...

We pushed a new Steam and iOS client today, Android tomorrow...
    Once iOS is approved, we will release the our new Summer Bummer Pack! Farm testing continues. Still no hard date for farming but the summer pack should keep you guys busy for a little bit while we finish!

Thanks for all the hard work!! FWIW, I appreciate advanced knowledge of things, but understand that most of this community may be of the "Mc" Generation, where they want it now rather than being able to be patient (or understand that development cycle can sometimes get extended with unanticipated bugs). It is a tough balance on how much to say to 'prove' progress (else everyone wails that "the game is dead"), and how much to hold back because it's going to be a major update/take a while so you don't want to get people hyped too soon. I feel for you devs. {{{cow hugs}}} <-- would be bear hugs, but figured cow hugs would be more appropriate here. Looking forward to seeing what is in the update! :)

EETA: Never mind my previous questions...thought the client update was the new farm update...I clearly read it wrong...cool, though, a Summer update coming...that should keep things interesting.
  • Thanks Kew and Cos for explaining. I am now less of a tech tard >:)! If I am ever held in a bank robbery and I am asked what is regression testing is then I will be able to answer thus saving my life.

Killer firetraps lol.
  • Question, why isn't Cubic Castles on Steam for Mac?
  • cubic castles is available on both steam and mac, I might just be misunderstanding what you mean though.
  • Pimydd said:

cubic castles is available on both steam and mac, I might just be misunderstanding what you mean though.

I meant, CC Steam is only for Windows.
    Why not Windows and Mac?
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember

Pimydd said:

cubic castles is available on both steam and mac, I might just be misunderstanding what you mean though.

Why not Windows and Mac?
    It is available for both? Just click on the "Mac OS X" installer instead of Windows?
  • PimyddPimydd Member
    edited August 2017
    why not just download the standalone mac version?

or what ashi said

Pimydd said:

Why not Windows and Mac?
    It is available for both? Just click on the "Mac OS X" installer instead of Windows?
  • Pimydd said:

Why not Windows and Mac?
    No, CC isn't on Steam Mac.
    The Mac version is really glitchy.
    Everytime you leave the options, the textures just die
  • zpinolzpinol MéxicoMember
    SUMMER PACK!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
  • CosmicCow said:

Case in point, we had to roll back due to firetraps killing everyone in a realm, tommygun-style.

That's one of a hell amazing bug xD
  • CosmicCow said:

Case in point, we had to roll back due to firetraps killing everyone in a realm, tommygun-style.

That's one of a hell amazing bug xD
    i saw that bug xD
    if i stand up on fire trap, all people in that realm will killed. but im not xd.
  • The only thing I think that really bugged people like me and the community was that the sneak peak video was wayyyyyy to early. I think if it was realeased a little bit later than everyone would be fine and not mad. Hope all the work pays off and everyone will be pleased! Also, any point of having pigs? Maybe make them give you manure (poop) and you can use it as fertilizer to speed up crops, but maybe that'll take too long to make. Or just make hem give bacon and add a cooked bacon and bacon and eggs recipe.
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    Pigs are still good, makes it more like a farm- plus it's an extra animal :D
  • I have to agree with Super Block Boy...there is no point to having pigs other than for decoration. I guess that's fine, but I'd prefer it if they had an additional function like the cows and chickens which at least provide milk and eggs. For me, they will be the last thing I purchase as they don't provide any real function other than decoration, as far as we know so far (hopefully, the devs have made them more useful before releasing the update).
  • b3achy said:

I have to agree with Super Block Boy...there is no point to having pigs other than for decoration. I guess that's fine, but I'd prefer it if they had an additional function like the cows and chickens which at least provide milk and eggs. For me, they will be the last thing I purchase as they don't provide any real function other than decoration, as far as we know so far (hopefully, the devs have made them more useful before releasing the update).

Not everything needs a function.But i do agree,if pigs would have a function i would like them more than without function.But even when pigs dont have a function after release,i would be fine with it,no one forces me to buy a pig :)

Btw im more hyped for the summer pack than farm update i have lots of things i thought of that could be in the summer pack. Short version of what i wrote:Im getting crazy xD
  • Kewbic! said:

b3achy said:

I have to agree with Super Block Boy...there is no point to having pigs other than for decoration. I guess that's fine, but I'd prefer it if they had an additional function like the cows and chickens which at least provide milk and eggs. For me, they will be the last thing I purchase as they don't provide any real function other than decoration, as far as we know so far (hopefully, the devs have made them more useful before releasing the update).

Not everything needs a function.But i do agree,if pigs would have a function i would like them more than without function.But even when pigs dont have a function after release,i would be fine with it,no one forces me to buy a pig :)

Btw im more hyped for the summer pack than farm update i have lots of things i thought of that could be in the summer pack. Short version of what i wrote:Im getting crazy xD
    True that not everything needs a function; however, when it requires a person to use up a perk to purchase something that is just for decoration, it sort of leaves me scratching my head. I get needing a perk to purchase cows and chickens as they add something more than just decoration, but I don't get the point of needing a perk for a pig purchase if they really are nothing more than a decorative block. But that's just me.

And I have to also agree that I'm more interested in the summer pack at this point than the farm update.
  • Bluejay_1Bluejay_1 Member
    edited August 2017

That could be said the same thing about the name fonts. Why choose them when u can chose like a chemist or hydroexpert? Some would choose hydroexpert and some would chemist. But why name font? Its basicly just for show u can't use it to help you in anyway. Same with pigs u can't use them for anything other then show. Basicly same reasoning...
  • Bluejay_1 said:

That could be said the same thing about the name fonts. Why choose them when u can chose like a chemist or hydroexpert? Some would choose hydroexpert and some would chemist. But why name font? Its basicly just for show u can't use it to help you in anyway. Same with pigs u can't use them for anything other then show. Basicly same reasoning...

True, and the same reason I don't have a top hat, the spin perk, the emoji perk, nor any of the font perks yet. There are more useful ones to pick first,IMO. Decoration is fine, especially in a building game, but, to me, it should already be a part of the baseline not an extra thing to take away from functional things that add to the game...but that's just my opinion...and like other things...we all have them. :D
  • Bluejay_1 said:

Fonts change your name style. They help make your character different from others. If we didn't have that font perks then everyone's name would look the same. They are something that makes everyone different but with the farm levels. Soon enough almost everyone will be forced to pick the pig perk and in return the pig will just be used as decoration. Plus, with the farm levels you have to work hard on a farm and not level up the farm levels any other way than collecting crops. With normal levels. You can level up while doing quests, mining, building, trading, etc. If I'm gonna put my hands in the dirt and water crops everyday just for a piece of decoration than I feel like that's a bad trade.

So in short terms. Normal levels are quicker and easier to get and fonts make your character unique. Farm levels are only obtainable by the farm update and are harder to get. So by doing the same thing everyday for a piece of decoration is just a bad trade.

IDEA- Make pigs drop maximum of 20 recubes. At the start they drop 5, when they grow it's 10 recubes and max growth is 20.
  • OT:
    I reached a point where all my 3 choices in perks are all fonts xDDD
  • Sir John was cornered, the fonts were like we have you now mwahahah!
  • Bluejay_1 said:

Fonts change your name style. They help make your character different from others. If we didn't have that font perks then everyone's name would look the same. They are something that makes everyone different but with the farm levels. Soon enough almost everyone will be forced to pick the pig perk and in return the pig will just be used as decoration. Plus, with the farm levels you have to work hard on a farm and not level up the farm levels any other way than collecting crops. With normal levels. You can level up while doing quests, mining, building, trading, etc. If I'm gonna put my hands in the dirt and water crops everyday just for a piece of decoration than I feel like that's a bad trade.

So in short terms. Normal levels are quicker and easier to get and fonts make your character unique. Farm levels are only obtainable by the farm update and are harder to get. So by doing the same thing everyday for a piece of decoration is just a bad trade.

IDEA- Make pigs drop maximum of 20 recubes. At the start they drop 5, when they grow it's 10 recubes and max growth is 20.
    You put ur hands in the dirt for leveling up. And I'm talking Help In the long run. Yes they help u to look diffrent. And it's not "easy" to get a font. I'm level 37 almost 38 and I got only 1 font. Yes perks come in diffrent order but it's not easy for everyone to obtain a font. And besides looking diffrent and looking cool the font has no use. Same for pigs. Looks cool on a farm and farms can look diffrent without them. In the long run they don't help much...