Quick status update

Hi Guys:

We have been beta testing farming and it's getting very close to release. Kewberth is taking one more balancing pass and we have a few more bugs. One problem is crops take a while to grow, so testing gets a bit drawn out unless we use our cheat commands, which isn't 100% accurate testing.

Farming is not a pack you buy, except the tiny little starter set that's probably going to cost less than 100 cubits (and you can only buy it once, like quests). But rather it's a full game addition. You will have a Farming Level and Farming Perks. It will take a while to build your farm up to the point where it's producing a lot of crops and stuff. And you can't buy your way to a big farm. It's a large update for us and it has taken too long, I know :)

There will also be a bunch of bug fixes along with this update. I will try to detail the biggest ones upon release. I explained this to a couple users, but we don't like to fix live server stuff unless it's an emergency. We prefer to fix on our dev servers and release upon update- that way we don't get two different code bases.

I also wanted to touch on Betamax leaving Cubic Castles. This is still not final, as he's working on a seasonal pack right now. We were going to announce when it was official, like any normal company would- but he mentioned it too early on his forums. He will be back to help us with packs from time to time, hopefully.

As for a roadmap- after farming and our next pack, we'll provide some more info about the next major update. We intend to have one update that is pure fixes.

That's all for now, but I hope to update this topic from time to time just to let everyone know what we're up to :)

Thanks!
Cosmic

Comments

• CosmicCowCosmicCow Member
    edited July 2017
    I don't want to give a time, even if I think it will easily be ready. Too many times it has burned us in the past!

And yes, there is a functional tractor, but not in the 100c pack. That pack consists of nothing but some dirt and seeds. The tractor will have to be earned- though at the moment, it is tradable.

EDIT: Perhaps we will block its trade, hmm.
  • lucaaa795 said:

CosmicCow said:

I don't want to give a time, even if I think it will easily be ready. Too many times it has burned us in the past!

And yes, there is a functional tractor, but not in the 100c pack. That pack consists of nothing but some dirt and seeds. The tractor will have to be earned- though at the moment, it is tradable.

Should be untradable so nobody can't buy his way to a big farm
    Only Some dirt?If its purchasable only once how are we gonna have huge farms that require soil?
    Will be clear once seen.

• IcyTamTamIcyTamTam Member
    edited July 2017
    CosmicCow said:

Farming is not a pack you buy, except the tiny little starter set that's probably going to cost less than 100 cubits (and you can only buy it once, like quests). But rather it's a full game addition. You will have a Farming Level and Farming Perks. It will take a while to build your farm up to the point where it's producing a lot of crops and stuff. And you can't buy your way to a big farm. It's a large update for us and it has taken too long, I know :)

So it's kind of like a new/another account in your account? O_O
  • This is amazing! One question: can gdog give us a preview like he did on the previous car update ?
  • This is amazing! One question: can gdog give us a preview like he did on the previous car update ?

We'll see- Kewberth and I need to discuss it more.
  • Thank you Cosmic Cow for the update! I felt really in the dark and sad :O:! I now am satiated and am prepared to wait it out <3 <3 <3!!! Thanks for taking the time to connect with us <3! I prefer if the tractor is untradeable!
  • Wait, Cosmic is one person? I thought CosmicCow was a group of devs xD
  • Wait, Cosmic is one person? I thought CosmicCow was a group of devs xD

It's a company. I just take the Cosmic Cow name.
  • DjedoDjedo Member
    I bet Farming update is coming on Tuesday!
  • CosmicCow said:

Wait, Cosmic is one person? I thought CosmicCow was a group of devs xD

It's a company. I just take the Cosmic Cow name.
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Also, this is amazing. Quick question: What format of coding is used for Cubic Castles?
  • Quick question: What format of coding is used for Cubic Castles?

It's all C++ with a custom engine.
  • CosmicCow said:

Quick question: What format of coding is used for Cubic Castles?

It's all C++ with a custom engine.
    Oh cooooooooooooooooooooool. My brother's making a texted base C++ Game using C++. I'm more of HTML, but I do know a tiny bit of C++.
  • Mcwolf the SaneMcwolf the Sane BangladeshMember
    May the bugs be ever in your favour. XD
  • Hey Cosmic, you said you can buy the pack one time only like the quest pack right?
    Other people including me bought the quest pack on their alts for fun.
    So what if people bought several packs using alts? that would be a mess
  • lucaaa795 said:

Hey Cosmic, you said you can buy the pack one time only like the quest pack right?

Maybe he could allow only one purchase of the pack per IP / Device
    But even that can be circumvented pretty easily. The point of the cheapie pack is to give a start to existing users- not limit the amount of dirt and seeds available. That's what the farming levels are for. But there is still the outstanding issue of someone making 80 tiny farms in 80 rooms in order to level up faster. Still working on that one.
  • @NanoRoboticz @lucaaa795 That was my point too,it's very easy to bypass the "One-Time Restriction" You can open a new alt and just use a VPN there are many VPN's who are free and can do the job,I know it would be a tiresome idea but why not ask the devs to put a special code for each device,that's possible as far as I know but it's pretty hard!
  • Bluejay_1Bluejay_1 Member
    edited July 2017
    No bother about the time, I like the suspense of waiting to see wat u devs got in store for us Qbees :D keep chugging along :)
    Edit: pls keep it hush hush :( I like to see the big stuff when it gets here :D
  • QbirdQbird Member
    edited July 2017
    Oh boy . I wont be able to wait much longer, It looks so cool ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • I guess the hard part will be that, unlike cars, for example, you will get the update, plant your little plot. Then wait for stuff to grow.
  • Ok thanks for the update :)
  • I like those kind of info thread about what's going on with the different updates :)
  • _DaPerson__DaPerson_ CanadaMember
    Will seeds be able to be found in the mines?
  • edited July 2017
    This farming idea is really growing on me. I bet I am going to wet my plants when it finally gets here. Sorry for my CORNy puns it is just all the manure I had to clean up this morning, the perfumey aroma may of got to me. We are literally going to be reaping what we sow.

Know I am rooting for you and your endeavors. Ok I will not dig for any more puns but will leave a joke ^_^!

Why shouldn't you tell a secret on a farm?
    (Because the potatoes have eyes and the corn has ears!)

Where is our person to post the potato song? POTATO POTATO POTATO!
  • CosmicCow said:

lucaaa795 said:

CosmicCow said:

Should be untradable so nobody can't buy his way to a big farm
    Only Some dirt?If its purchasable only once how are we gonna have huge farms that require soil?
    Will be clear once seen.

Hmmm, I guess you fixed it where someone else is in someone's else's farm and can't break the crops.

Also, I'm guessing you will have to reach a certain level on farming to get the tractor.
  • This farming idea is really growing on me. I bet I am going to wet my plants when it finally gets here. Sorry for my CORNy puns it is just all the manure I had to clean up this morning, the perfumey aroma may of got to me. We are literally going to be reaping what we sow.

Know I am rooting for you and your endeavors. Ok I will not dig for any more puns but will leave a joke ^_^!

Leave the corny puns to me. Im sow good at making farming jokes. Dont "hog" the pun gig D: moooove away from the joke making D: im the pun lord
  • Hey there no need to try and milk the puns :P.

May we oh bless cow of the cosmos get a few more tidbits of what is to come. So far you shared that there are for examples levels and other facts. Just a few more I beg of thee :O:
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited July 2017
    CosmicCow said:

lucaaa795 said:

Hey Cosmic, you said you can buy the pack one time only like the quest pack right?

Maybe he could allow only one purchase of the pack per IP / Device
    But even that can be circumvented pretty easily. The point of the cheapie pack is to give a start to existing users- not limit the amount of dirt and seeds available. That's what the farming levels are for. But there is still the outstanding issue of someone making 80 tiny farms in 80 rooms in order to level up faster. Still working on that one.
    Create a one time purchase, untradable bumper, that has to be placed in a realm for the farming to work.

Only owner can place there's

Only owner can mine there's

Could also be a recycle button for if they lose their bumper somehow.. (Removes their bumper from wherever it's at and gives them a new one)

:P

• Sculpture said:

@NanoRoboticz @lucaaa795 That was my point too,it's very easy to bypass the "One-Time Restriction" You can open a new alt and just use a VPN there are many VPN's who are free and can do the job,I know it would be a tiresome idea but why not ask the devs to put a special code for each device,that's possible as far as I know but it's pretty hard!

Hmm, I think the VPN hack/glitch is fixed. Not sure..
  • KokopelliKokopelli WV, USAMember
    edited July 2017
    Lettuce just stop with these uderly terrible puns. Because if we keep milking this gag then everyone will be having a cow. We should just SQUASH this discussion before it becomes un'hare'able. See we might think we're the cocks of the walk, but in reality we're just (kid)ding ourselves with these cheep ('>') puns. An by now we can all guess I myself am getting sickle of these yokes. So just take take this advice from me to ewe.

Spoiler:

This farming idea is really growing on me. I bet I am going to wet my plants when it finally gets here. Sorry for my CORNy puns it is just all the manure I had to clean up this morning, the perfumey aroma may of got to me. We are literally going to be reaping what we sow.

Leave the corny puns to me. Im sow good at making farming jokes. Dont "hog" the pun gig D: moooove away from the joke making D: im the pun lord
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    So this started as a serious discussion until the community was like "NOPE".

Looking forward to this update, hope it gets released soon. My farm won't do so well if I don't get stuff planted before the end of summer >:0