Stop the Vending Abuse Setting price Scams

I think the only way to stop this way of scamming technique is to rework how vends work, for example if you put a vend you have to put price just once or it would not work, you have to remove the vending machine and put it back again to reprice.

'Pharamond' scam using Vends and "Random Cheap Hat" via putting the price 1c then change it to 20,000cubits

My perspective

Comments

• *JulieSings**JulieSings* Member
    edited May 2017
    +1
    and btw. 'Pharamond' (asneus) is the guy who used VPN to scam @Superxtreme.
    (gonna post a screenshot in a min)
    Edit: here's the screenshots of him. Asneus is ask mods who is Pharamond.

• +1
  • RashiraRashira Member
    rashira said:

I think the only way to stop this way of scamming technique is to rework how vends work, for example if you put a vend you have to put price just once or it would not work, you have to remove the vending machine and put it back again to reprice.

'Pharamond' scam using Vends and "Random Cheap Hat" via putting the price 1c then change it to 20,000cubits

My perspective
    BTW I never been scammed by someone even pharamond. I'm just sick of seeing players being scammed by someone.

• +1
    I suggested this about 5 days ago
    http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/12354/a-small-anti-vend-scam-suggestion#latest
    Im about 98% sure people will find it suspicious that the owner broke the machine unless those people are dumb
  • RashiraRashira Member
    ^
  • Removal of the vending machine to reset the price is a great idea!
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    *cough cough* Reading is also a great way to put an end to this scamming technique.

It is so, so easy to avoid these kinds of scams, especially since they added the pop-ups in registers too. Price or Item swap scams SHOULD NOT work. The only reason they do is because people decide not to read.

Maybe decide to read instead. >_<
  • GlobbardGlobbard Member
    edited May 2017
    Or... how about making it so that the vendor can only change the price of the vending machine by mining it and placing back it again. And maybe have it told as a reminder in the chat about the policy change for vending machines. Example:

Reminder: Prices inside vending machines can no longer be change automatically to avoid scams, and instead must be removed then placed back in order to price change.

Edit: Didn't see jad's and Lib's idea for this before writing this comment down, but we did have a similar idea.
  • It's mostly greed and not being aware that gets people scammed. Pharamond is also an alt. Abuser aswell btw
    If anything I think that vends are fine and that you guys should know a scam when you see one. It definately doesn't help when someone hollawarps "Come see this scam" because they just brought more people into the realm to be the next victims.
  • smart +1
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
  • I'll say it again. They could simply add a timer to vends when price is changed nothing can be bought for 5-10 seconds.

This literally would give people no excuse for not seeing the price.
  • Pandorite said:

I'll say it again. They could simply add a timer to vends when price is changed nothing can be bought for 5-10 seconds.

They would move onto setting price, hollaring and waiting for people to come then place glass over the items.

• PandoritePandorite Member
    edited May 2017

Pandorite said:

I'll say it again. They could simply add a timer to vends when price is changed nothing can be bought for 5-10 seconds.

They would move onto setting price, hollaring and waiting for people to come then place glass over the items.

This would stop the 1-20000 scam at least
    Edit and timer wouldn't start unless vend is set up. Pretty simple stuff
  • RashiraRashira Member
    We read before buying yep we do that, but how about the others? some qbees are just below 12 y/o and doesnt know much mechanics about the game, not all of the players watch youtube or knew much mechanics, right? making these changes will change the shopping way of every qbees! to remove those fear of scams, that's all i want. if "you" dont make a move it will stay until the game is dead. just for the better. not all of the qbees are like us just like what i've said, just think about the other qbees who only know few mechanics and been deceived by a pro scammer/con-artist.
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    rashira said:

We read before buying yep we do that, but how about the others? some qbees are just below 12 y/o and doesnt know much mechanics about the game, not all of the players watch youtube or knew much mechanics, right? making these changes will change the shopping way of every qbees! to remove those fear of scams, that's all i want. if "you" dont make a move it will stay until the game is dead. just for the better. not all of the qbees are like us just like what i've said, just think about the other qbees who only know few mechanics and been deceived by a pro scammer/con-artist.

I'm sorry if i may sound rude... but that's just a lazy man's solution!
    "Read before you accept an offer and only trade with cash registers or vending machines(and READ what you want to buy)!"
    Tell that line to anyone out there; tell those young-lings this stuff. Teach them.
    Changing some mechanics is not gonna do any good if they don't learn from it(they will repeat their mistakes and still complain about it).
  • RashiraRashira Member
    edited September 2017
    well the mechanics changed. ;)))