A small anti-vend scam suggestion

Maybe have a small about 5 minutes cool-down with changing vend price of course if you break it and place it again there won't be a cool down which is a problem but people should find it suspicious that the owner suddenly placed the vend again
And I know there will be comments saying that all you have to do is read but this would help

Comments

• +1 but 5 mins is too much. So maybe like 15-30 secs?
  • PandoritePandorite Member
    edited May 2017
    Maybe don't be in a rush to buy a item without looking at what it is/seeing price.

I find any "giveaway" via a vend is more often than not a scam. Also if the only thing they are vending is tophats and used a holla. Unless they are scamming they would need minimum 50 tophats just to pay for the holla.

Just some things to keep in mind. I typically leave under the above conditions.

My issue is this. a friend asked for a lowered price. I dropped it. Then went to raise. However he was buying a second, The price window didn't show the changed price but he paid it. (gave him the c.) but this is a major issue.

A simple fix, Don't allow purchase to be made for 10 seconds after a price change with a small alert window on the change for those who attempt it. (would even solve your issue.)

Edit: and since you would have to change the price anyways after breaking a vend it would even prevent that way of doing things. Not really a coder but I imagine it wouldn't be a difficult script to add.

Add to coding line. Price changed< Prevent purchases. Show timer. Show price original. Show price new. Show item name.

Could probably even using some of the coding from the rental bumper