Jump Scares

xXBad WolfXxxXBad WolfXx Dancing S(O3O)/Member
edited February 2017 in Suggestions & Comments
I know its not Halloween anymore but hear me out...

I went to visit @Siddd in his Haunted house and I just had to point out something... there's no real jumpscares in CC '-'
yeah I know its a kids game and its (In the words of Sid) "All about driving cute little cars and building cute little houses" (not saying that in a bad way) but it doesn't have to be SUPER scary, just something people can use to scare their friends and make real haunted houses... Like something that POPS out really fast, or a block-like item you can hide in the shadows that scares you when you walk near it...

Because this
ghost

Ain't cuttin it

-EDIT

Before half the players on the forums tell me "Oh its a kids game we don't wanna put anything graphic in the game that may scare them :C" let me remind you that for Halloween 2016 the admins decided it perfectly ok to put a headless body mask where BLOOD is gushing out of the neck while the player is running around... So now that you know this, lemme know what you think :D!

And please don't just vote on the poll and run, comment what you think about it or tell me why you don't like the idea

Comments

• whistler-kingwhistler-king Member
    edited February 2017
    I agree but I'm almost certain there'll be one reason why it won't be added to the game.
    I am a Horror lover and I'm the kind of person who loves building horror and scary maps/areas and just because younger kids play Cubic Castles too I have to restrict my builds which doesn't bother me.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    I think Jumpscares would be fine, assuming they aren't crazy scary. Just something that is a little startling or exciting xP
    I like the idea of something that pops out of a wall. It could be almost like mecho spikes, but more sudden, and sideways x3 It wouldn't exist to scare kids brainless, that is just rude. It would exist just to give the element of surprise to parkours or dark realms :)
  • CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator
    +1 I need some spooky stuff for my Silent Hill x-x
  • I sayin no
    Bcuz its #2spooky4me
    I already hate fnaf jumpscares
    I dont want it to happen it in my fav game

Also the headless mask spills red pixels
    PIXELSZZZZZHZZHZHHZHZHZHZHHZHZHZHZHZHHZH HAJUUJUJUJUJUJUUWAAAAAAAA
    im sorry i'll stop :c
  • 1+ i want some spooky jump scare x.x for my haunted house ( Not too scary )
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    +1 we really need spooky stuff, but it eont be as spooky as like first person games though :/ (unless the ultimate jumpscare item is found)

and some people say the headless spills red pixels like:

Also the headless mask spills red pixels
    PIXELSZZZZZHZZHZHHZHZHZ

ALMOST EVERYONE SAYS BLOOD SO ITS STILL BLOOD xD
  • edited February 2017
    No. MY WEAKNESS! :Q:

I sayin no
    Bcuz its #2spooky4me
    I already hate fnaf jumpscares
    I dont want it to happen it in my fav game

My stance exactly.

As made famous in Apocalypse Now, "The Horror...the horror..."

But seriously, it was that cuteness that actually kinda allured me to this game at all.
  • How bout screen effects on jump scares! :D that would be fun! xD
  • CroubictCroubict Member
    edited October 2019
    I like jumpscares!
    +10
  • xXBad WolfXxxXBad WolfXx Dancing S(O3O)/Member
    I get why you guys would think it would be "too scary" but I'm not saying we need to make the jump scares this (was gonna post a super scary picture but thought 'Eh... Better not')

but you get my point! it would just be something cute/scary that you can put in the shadows and when a little innocent qbee walks by it opens up and ea- (just kidding)

It would just be something that quickly pops out, like @AshiMagari said " It could be almost like mecho spikes, but more sudden, and sideways x3 It wouldn't exist to scare kids brainless"

and yes yes yes I see all of you out there poking me with the comments saying "Oh it isn't 'blood' on the headless mask! its 'Pixels' >:C!" well lemme tell you something...

headless 2

That ain't ketchup...
    No matter what form its in, pixels or not, its still blood...

So knowing this, go ahead and comment what you think about some cute little jump scares! :D

I get why you guys would think it would be "too scary" but I'm not saying we need to make the jump scares this (was gonna post a super scary picture but thought 'Eh... Better not')

but you get my point! it would just be something cute/scary that you can put in the shadows and when a little innocent qbee walks by it opens up and ea- (just kidding)

It would just be something that quickly pops out, like @AshiMagari said " It could be almost like mecho spikes, but more sudden, and sideways x3 It wouldn't exist to scare kids brainless"

and yes yes yes I see all of you out there poking me with the comments saying "Oh it isn't 'blood' on the headless mask! its 'Pixels' >:C!" well lemme tell you something...

headless 2

That ain't ketchup...
    No matter what form its in, pixels or not, its still blood...

So knowing this, go ahead and comment what you think about some cute little jump scares! :D

Yup indeed, you can just avoid the jumpscare maps right? Also i also sayed it was blood
  •   Ed  Ed Game Moderator
    Sounds good to me c:
  • SuperxtremeSuperxtreme The NetherlandsGame Moderator
    Sounds good to me to c:
  • Sounds good to me c:

lol
  • Flagging the realms as "not for the meek?"

Sounds good to me c:

I just HAD to keep that gag running. :P
  • xXBad WolfXxxXBad WolfXx Dancing S(O3O)/Member
    Ed said:

Sounds good to me c:

Hahahaha

You think your so funny Ed :'D -Cries-

Back to topic - What do you guys think about Jump scares >:O?! share your ideas and opinions!

•  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Hate jump scares, not because of the scare factor.
    Its just painfully cheap.
    Its killing horror movies.

Any good horror movie or game won't use them.
    eg. the shining
  • I hate jump scares. Period. Cheap or no, there were times when it made me feel like I was being Force-Choked for a whole half-second.

Oh, how to make this "cute"? Take inspiration from the Chao as seen in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. They had a sort of jack-in-a-box that would sometimes make this head thing bounce around, and sometimes the box was empty.
  • ValleyValley Member
    edited February 2017
    Once when I was younger I went on a slow ride in a moving cart around a house decorated with spooky things and the room was dimly lit. The point of the ride was for you to get scared and I did, A LOT. When people, dressed up really creepy and scary, jump out of the shadows I screamed so much. When I was nearing the end of the ride I was crying. I don't know why I am sharing this... But I don't mind a bit of horror now and again in books and movies. I don't see why jump scares shouldn't be added. It's not like the youngest kids playing this game are 5 xD
  • U should have a option to turn jump scares on or off Cx
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator

I hate jump scares. Period. Cheap or no, there were times when it made me feel like I was being Force-Choked for a whole half-second.

Oh, how to make this "cute"? Take inspiration from the Chao as seen in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. They had a sort of jack-in-a-box that would sometimes make this head thing bounce around, and sometimes the box was empty.

Whenever someone mentions jack in the boxes i can't help but chuckle as it always reminds me of this

:)
  • Honestly I get a jump scare when I go near my mannequin and it makes that really loud noise.

But +1
    I like the idea
    gdog said:

I hate jump scares. Period. Cheap or no, there were times when it made me feel like I was being Force-Choked for a whole half-second.

Whenever someone mentions jack in the boxes i can't help but chuckle as it always reminds me of this

:)
    Hahahaha i remember that one xD
  • SpaceChickenSpaceChicken Member
    edited February 2017
    Phew if this comes...

Im gonna pee my pants :d
  • ANKlTANKlT Member
    edited February 2017
    They should make this a part of the game! And the headless mask? yeah they are pixels pixels that represent blood of course and people think jump scares are that bad seriously?
  • so like the only thing im truly scared of is heights and jumpscares that cause me to drop my food/cookies.
    Jumpscares cuz im just scared that I'm gonna fall down and drop my precious food T^T
    But jumpscares are fun too so yes :DDDDDd
    +cookie1
  • I get that not everyone can take jumpscares but let's be real guys, this is a kid's game so if ever this idea comes to fruition then surely they wont make the "jumpscares" scary enough to make little kids cry. It's a kid's game. +1