Your Least Favorite Part When Building

To do a build there are many parts to bringing something from your imagination to reality. From landscaping to decorating I want to know what your least favorite stage is when building while you replying why not say what is your favorite part!

For me my least favorite stage is terraforming and setting the layout for a build especially when it is on a large scale beyond a 50x50 room/realm. I am very conscience of wanting it to look natural and organic, flowing in a way as if not man made. This makes my brain hurt and takes me the longest part when doing a build. Once I have the layout done and the stage built I can move onto the show! Furthermore when at this point I have no indication if what I am building looks good or not, it looks very bland without things like landscaping or other features. So I am going through a constant cycle of beating myself up wondering if I am doing a poor job. This is the point where I want to quit, hang up ever building again, and go to a corner to cry.

My favorite part when building is near the end when I begin decorating and bringing life into my build. It amazes me how critical and transformative this process can be. How one places plants, decorative objects, etc. can make or break the build making all the previous effort meaningless if not done correctly. It is like being able to breathe life into my creation wahahahah >:D! Call me Dr. FrakenCoral.

Pow

Comments

• xXBad WolfXxxXBad WolfXx Dancing S(O3O)/Member
    My least Favorite part of build is basically building and shaping what i want to make...
    It's not that my imagination can't handle it but just the fact that I can't build for the life of me... I have to get it even and symmetrical and that drives me crazy cause I just want to get to decorating and fun things like that! >:O!
  • smuressmures Member

My least Favorite part of build is basically building and shaping what i want to make...
    It's not that my imagination can't handle it but just the fact that I can't build for the life of me... I have to get it even and symmetrical and that drives me crazy cause I just want to get to decorating and fun things like that! >:O!

Basically me too XD
  • My least favorite part is actually getting the materials. I'm just one of those people who can't afford anything ;-;
  • My least favorite part is when I make it, look at it see that it looks horrid, (this happens most of the time) and have to tear part of it down and rebuild.
    xSHANEx said:

Probably gathering the materials like @Pegaming said xD. I'll never buy craftable items 0.0!

I always buy my material, like I'm too lazy to make 500 fancy flooring
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    My least favorite part:

Random Person: (while realm is in beginning stages of build) "What's this supposed to be?"

Me: "New build. I'm gonna make xxx"

Rando: "It doesn't look like xxx"

Me: ....... NAWWWWW
  • MarieAraMarieAra MexicoMember
    Landscaping. I am the worst at landscaping lol mainly because I'm quite obsessive with making things look perfect so I struggle when trying to go for a natural aproach lol I can't just let it go, man, I can't T-T
  • justmegjustmeg Member
    So many landscaping haters here :c I love doing the landscaping, or rather, I love the early stages of a build/project. I like the thrill you get from brainstorming ideas and when you think about all the possibilities <3

What I don't like: Naming places/realms/people/everything, making or writing stories/signs
    I hurts my brain so much just by thinking about it, i hate it lol
  • Pegaming said:

My least favorite part is actually getting the materials. I'm just one of those people who can't afford anything ;-;

That is so me, PE!
  • KokopelliKokopelli WV, USAMember
    edited May 2016
    My least favorite part of building is when you have to keep it aligned and symmetrical, that's always a pain. But when it comes to landscaping I'm a champ at it, and when you don't want somthing look man made all you have to do it not follow the symmetry rule making it acually easy. Take Kokopelli's Kingdom for example. When I made those mountains all I did was start building and go from there without a plan. It would just naturally come together in an imperfect non-symmetrical heap that was perfect for what I was looking for.
    https://imgur.com/a/1L5jt
  • My least favorite part of building is getting the Material,it's so boring when I need like 10k stone and stay in a mountain Mine all day just for Stone.
  • MoxxiechuMoxxiechu Prolly some ocean (FL.)Member
    You don't know real struggle until you get about 70% done AND THEN... You have to tear it ALL down because you just realized... you were 4 blocks off.
  • You don't know real struggle until you get about 70% done AND THEN... You have to tear it ALL down because you just realized... you were 4 blocks off.

Oh my god I did that once, but the end result was worth it! :D
  • *insane**insane* SerbiaMember
    Starting the thing up is the worst thing ever. Like you want to make all that and be proud of it but you first need to gather materials and cubits....
  • TheTimManTheTimMan In Athena Shy's armsMember
    * Well ya know I love to stock up materials, so my least favorite part is letting go of let's say 120k sand, or 100k of stone. :(

* Also I don't like to build a bunch and remember that I forgot to allow for something and have to tear half of it down & start over.

* Then there is the whole falling off of scaffold & climbing back up. I also don't care for forgetting something back in another realm I needed, and have to make more trips.

♥ FYI; I am CC's eldest player and have a bad memory. I am both OCD & a stickler for details, so the new additions of blocks are great for the imagination.

Contact Athena Shy if yall need stone.
  • Swissy DreamerSwissy Dreamer Playing with Asriel,Frisk,And CharaMember
    Pegaming said:

My least favorite part is actually getting the materials. I'm just one of those people who can't afford anything ;-;

^
    TOTALLY!

My favorite thing is when building is the finnishing. im like "Wow! i never build anything before and turns out, its very GREAT!" aaand when i look others amazing build "Dangit. i cant even build that good :~:"
  • You don't know real struggle until you get about 70% done AND THEN... You have to tear it ALL down because you just realized... you were 4 blocks off.

Oh my god I did that once, but the end result was worth it! :D
    Haha
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Terraforming is very easy for me so i would say collecting the resources
  • My lordy this thread blew up! Thank you for everyone taking the time to reply :D!
  • YakrooYakroo Somewhere In The Milky WayMember
    Least Fave Might Be The Lag Lol
    Like When Im In Knop's Awesome Realm And I Want To See The Builds But The Lag Makes Me Crash :v

Also When U Mistakenly Put A Scaffold In The Wrong Place, *Break, Fall, Build A Scaffold Line Again*
    #WastedScaffold
  • edited May 2016
    Can we take a moment and praise the blessed half tiles, in the almighties cube name amen!
    Half tiles

It just gives the land a soothing slope or uphill climb, however you choose to perceive it.
  • I'd have to say mineing... I hate it. I have a few friends that love to mine and have huge stock piles of stuff. The I go to my work shop and only have like maybe 10 of everything.... Sigh..... O and I'm not rich to buy it off people so... That is bad....
  • I dont mind mining, it is relaxing and gives me time to think about what I am going to build. The only time I do not like to mine is when I am in a competition and pressured time wise. Then it stresses me out because I am mining plus trying to build. I have not built much the last three months personal build wise so I have not had to mine in sometime. With the Dragon building contest though I will near zero on most things meaning back to spending hours...and hours....and hours mining lol.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    My least favorite is mining..