Changes for 2024 -- What are we up to? -- What would you do?

13»

Comments

• Claudio1004Claudio1004 Member
    edited April 28
    Heres Few Things I could think that should be changed or added, not forcing but it'll be great thing to....

PVP

1. Adding more pvp things such as making swords usable to attack, gun to shoot, and maybe some throwables.
    example:

- Sword, Usage: swing and make a cleave effect on 3 blocks in front of your qbee, with a 1 sec base attack speed.

- Gun, Usage: shoot a bullet instantly instead of charging unlike wands, with a magazine capacity and requires the player to have an extra magazines in their inventory to reload.

2. The alternate for those mentioned above is to increase the numbers of Wands that can be used in PVP, which i will write the suggestion here.
    Wands Examples:

1. teleporter/warp wand
    Explanation: tap/press wand button to release a teleporter charge. If this charge hits another player
    or block, The caster will be teleported there. (Also note "that if the wands not hit anything, it will
    teleported the caster to the end, where the charge stopped").
    Pros: They can teleport you away so you can move items faster if you're slowed, or to avoid
    damage from wands or bombs.
    Cons: IDK if they gonna be glitched inside the block after they teleported into block they shoot,
    and this wand is bad idea (highly unsuggested) for bottomless PVP game, as they might
    teleport you far away and make you fall.
    2. slow wand
    Explanation: tap/press wand button to release a slowing charge. If this charge hits another player, it
    will slow their movement speed as same as they slowed due inventory full penalty, Also if the charge
    hits a block, the charge will blast and does splash effect (Same as another wands).
    Pros: They can slow another player which will makes them harder to move on PVP so you can
    land more attacks on them or knock them away with knockback wand.
    Cons: if the charge hits a block nearby yourself, you will be slowed as well.
    3. stun wand
    Explanation: tap/press wand button to release stun charge. If this charge hits another player, it will
    stun them for 1 second, also if the charge hits a block, it will blast and does splash effect (Same as
    another wands). {Note: Stun will disable moving, casting wand/fishing rod, or jumping}.
    Pros: They can stun another player which can gives you time for run on pvp game or do more
    damage with harm wand.
    Cons: if the charge hits a block nearby youself, you can will be stunned as well.
    4. poison wand
    Explanation: tap/press wand button to release a poison charge. If this charge hits another player, they
    will be damaged half Heart (2 hitpoints) for 3 times, with 1 second damage delay per interval, also if
    the charge hits a block it will blast and does splash effect (Same as another wand). {Note: Damage
    from poison effect will also knockback the player same as they got hit by harm wand}.
    Pros: they does more damage (1 1/2 heart[6 hitpoints]) than harm wand.
    Cons: if they hit a block nearby yourself, it will also poison yourself. :/
    5. flash wand
    Explanation: tap/press wand button to release blinding charge. if this charge hits another player, they
    will be blinded (same as when the realm nuked) for 1 second, also if the charge hits a block it will does
    splash effect (same as another wands). {Note: The blind will make you cannot see anything}.
    Pros: they can blind another person which can make them easier to target or makes them fall
    during bottomless PVP game.
    Cons: if the charge hits a block, it will cause you to be blinded as well.

6. Hex Wand
    Explanation: tap/press wand button to release Hex Charge. If this charge hits another player, they
    will be Hexed into Pig or Chicken for 3 Second, Slowing them and Disabling their attack ability, causing them unable to cast wand. This charge cannot hit the players that is under Hex effect twice, so that they cannot be perma Hexed in PVP which is very unfair. Also if the charge hits a block it will does splash effect (same as other wands).
    Pros: Disable the enemy while you can change to another wand and shoot them.
    Cons: if you accidentally shoot yourself by a block, you would unable to attack and be slowed as well.

Fishing

1. The thing i dont understand is...
    Farming for recube to farm more....
    Fishing for recube to....???

Why BAITS IS SOLD FOR CUBITS? WE SPEND CUBITS FOR RECUBE???
    and rather getting 1-2 recubes from 1-10 cubits i'd rather purchase corn 1c each and i could get tons of recube. And.... Fish isnt stackable anymore and will need you to carry these fish with full inventory to the Farmers co-op...

You see my point....

So heres the thing i want to be changed....
    - Perhaps sell baits for Recube... as that way we could cycle the fish we catch back into baits....
    - Increase Recube gain per fish to 5/fish or 10/fish as crops gives more recube while they can be stacked up to 20k while these fishes cant even be stacked....
    - Remove Fish trophy.... these had no purpose at all in my opinion... none basically want to craft their rare fish to them... and basically none also wanted to craft fish trophy with a common fish as its just wasting their fancy flooring blocks.
    - Give more Purpose for Fishes for example those fertilizer mentioned by others
    - Craftable block from 4 of the same fish? maybe... Blocks have more interest rather than fish trophy as they serve as building materials.

Also Related to the Mining Events

1. I realize that chances of items to appear when mining is shared in one mine,
    for example... me and one of my friend mining in a same mine for 1 hour, sometimes we i got 4 of the event item and my friend found nothing... this is what i concerned the most... what im saying is that i hate when i was mining alone... then someone else entered the mine that i had mined the most then that player who just entered the mine is the one who got the item...

Heres what you can change to fix that
    - Let us get the event items by mining in our own realm just like the old times... i used to mine in a new purchased 100x100 room. that way i could got 70 Amulet and Pendant from 2020 Halloween.
    - Alternately you could change the chance to only affect that person who is currently mining... not sharing the chance in a single room or mine... that way the player who mine the most will get more, and didnt have to be so mad after mining 40k block without getting anything...
    - Or... Make a Guarantee system which will guarantee to give you the item after mining a treshold of blocks.

Crafting

Give more Purpose for Yellow, and Blue MAGICAL DUST!!!!
    THEY'RE REALLY USELESS ONLY CAN BE CRAFTED INTO KNOCKBACK WAND.... I SUGGESTED ALOT OF WANDS UP THERE SO PLEASE ADD THOSE WANDS AND GIVE MORE PURPOSE FOR THOSE USELESS MAGICAL DUSTS!!!

will add more soon if i remember something
  • Jeff JenkinsJeff Jenkins Member
    edited May 2
    I'm glad to see that you and your team are deciding to help rebuild the state of cubic castles, but I believe the way we are going about it isn't going to work in the state this game is in.

Problems with the main game

I feel like cubic castles at it's core just doesn't fit a lot of the means that shape the popularity of other games and the main game itself struggles to keep a peaceful community and is hard to encourage. One big problem is that a good chunk of the community is either focusing on giveaways or are trading and I feel like focusing on the main game is only going to keep people playing rather than adding new players. Another problem is that the game has no starting goal. This causes a lot of confusion and can easily burn out the player's interest from playing because there isn't anything to look forward to or strive for. The biggest issue in my opinion is that the game is constantly inconvenient. Whenever you want to advertise your real u need hollas, but once u can afford the hollas the game doesn't have enough people to join your holla and it becomes a luxury. Whenever you want to create a build or a new realm you need to pay thousands of cubits so it gets recognized or looks the way you want it. Whenever you want to join an event you either have to grind an unreasonable amount or spend cubits because its locked behind a paywall(example: halloween event). Although making it not accessible for everyone prevents use of alts and other means, the game struggles to encourage people to "trade smart" or use other methods so they can meet these requirements far easier. Another problem is that certain perks in the game are way too high leveled to be imputed in a fair way into certain parkours(jumpman is fine but speed demon can be a problem) and with the little encouragement to grind it can be difficult to find enough players who actually have the required amount.

What can be done?
    Focus should be mostly taken towards the sides of the game that deserve more praise and could add more potential to the game. It is understandable that we take effort into the main aspects, but in order to add more variety and add more new players to the game, effort should accommodate to people who are looking to farm, fish, or race(after all, in the loading screen it does show those different aspects).

My Ideas
    -Add more wands to pvp(and buff knockback wands knockback power)
    -Add more unique racing mechanics(this increases the skill curve of it and adds more expression)
    -Increase the efficiency and rewards for fishing(maybe make fishing something that also gives you recubes, and of course, add fishing items that cost recubes)
    -Make recubes a more "side game" currency(basically it is used for the non main aspects of cubic castles where you use them for personal needs and benefits)
    -Add more quests into the game(the daily quest limit could also be increased)
    -Add better quest rewards
    -Refine the tutorial
    -If it is possible, refine the adventure mode(if so, make it more understood that the adventure mode is where you should go)
    -Add more incentive to find secrets(the idea that adventure mode and easter egg hunts did fits perfectly with cubic castles about looking around)
    -Less paywall events(these usually fail to prevent alts and usually make less knowledgeable players struggle)
    -More unique events
    -Refine the overworld(I like the old one better. Just fix the old ones flaws and now we're cooking)
    -Add more customizeable items(I loved the idea of custom blocks, maybe allow custom stairs/sculpty, stamps, etc)
    -And because I was late for the fan pack, could u add craftable long sleeve shirts(basically the old shirts but long sleeved and dyeable)

Post Script
    One last idea I came up with is that there is some kind of overworld system that encourages adventure while still having convenience.
    1. In the center of each main overworld, there are villages that have bulletin boards. Each bulletin board shows a different realm based on a certain factor(examples: most popular weekly/monthly/daily, actively visited based on number of people currently in a realm from the highest to realms with only 1 player, realms you've currently visited)
    2. Each overworld has rockets scattered around that can take you anywhere(without these, you only have the search menu that allows you to go to other overworlds, recently accessed realms, your realms, and popular ones.
    3. Finally, overworlds should be able to be traversed easily. That's why i think we should have a starter car known as a wooden cart. This has the speed of a tractor(which is faster than a qbee but slower than a normal car) but at a cost of not being good at traversing inclined terrain(that way you aren't always using it but it can be beneficial). Another benefit of overworlds that can be traversed is that there can be secrets sprinkled in that encourage exploring the overworld. Ultimately, the amount of players in overworlds can encourage using realm deeds to claim plots of land to put your realm in. As a result, the game will fit the old idea of the og overworlds and continue to be convenient like the newer design.