your oppinion on new forums?

2»

Comments

• AzsimuthAzsimuth Member
    edited May 2020
    It looks ugly. Can't ask a question without getting it deleted, or closed. There's no place for them
  • I mean, its way better than steam forums. Then the forums had its second change in 2016, everyone freaked out, some people never joined. We got used to it. Only having the forums for like two days, I am now completely used to it.
  • I mean, its way better than steam forums. Then the forums had its second change in 2016, everyone freaked out, some people never joined. We got used to it. Only having the forums for like two days, I am now completely used to it.

Steam Forums is better. It looks much more polished, and is safer. That's my opinion
  • I do like these forums a lot (the dark could be a little more lighter, into a darker gray, I feel), but they're very nice. I think we will all get used to it eventually. The only thing I miss right now is the activity wall. :c
  • MEEPYZMEEPYZ Member
    I wish we could choose to make it bright or dark, and I would like the friends feature back.
  • Please pretty please with super colourful sprinkles onto with whipped cream and star flakes and chocolate bars, can you bring back activity wall. :")
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    Azsimuth said:

I mean, its way better than steam forums. Then the forums had its second change in 2016, everyone freaked out, some people never joined. We got used to it. Only having the forums for like two days, I am now completely used to it.

Steam Forums is better. It looks much more polished, and is safer. That's my opinion
    You go there then. See you.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    lucaaa795 said:

Azsimuth said:

I mean, its way better than steam forums. Then the forums had its second change in 2016, everyone freaked out, some people never joined. We got used to it. Only having the forums for like two days, I am now completely used to it.

You go there then. See you.
    Bye Azsimuth. Let me know how you like the steam forums.
  • Prefer the old forums more, but this is better than no forums. Layout and colour scheme is messing with me though.

Also, the lack of polls!
  • JuIiusJuIius Member
    U said:

There’s only two things I don’t like about the new forums.

-No activity wall
    -When on the mobile site it looks like 2010 Facebook.

Besides that I actually like the dark mode more then light.

^
    Also it is extremely difficult to get to any profile, even yours.
    If possible it would be nice if there was a search better feature, and a direct way to your own profile.
  • Fluffy 303Fluffy 303 Somewhere Over The RainbowMember
    Well my opinion on this forums is kind of in between.
    It isn't like i hate it, it's just different, though i'm sure i'll get used to it in time. To me it sort of feels like the old old forums in a way?
    I don't really like the new layout, and the activity wall being gone is also something that's sort of off to me, though i can understand why they rid of it.
    I miss the older version though i guess that's to be expected.
    Plus, this new forums is still, well, new, and Kew has a lot of things he can work on still for it. I'm sure if we give some constructive criticism instead of just complaining and saying we hate it, and giving some good suggestions, maybe Kew will keep them in mind and try some out.
    In my opinion i do like the old forums, but i was the same with the 2015 forums too, so maybe it's just a change thing like i said. I'm sure once we all get used to this it'll seem more better.
    There's my little rant lol
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    some people say that the old forums and this one are better than the old old forums and i agree because i have seen that and in my oppinion that looked like a mess, but i hate this version of the forums because all accesibilty is away

-like there isnt anymore the most recent threads, so people's threads will only be seen if the people press on the right categorie
    -there is no activity wall anymore, so its now basically useless to use your own wall and if you search for someone it goes way harder to find them
    -there is no karma anymore, not that thats so bad but there is no full reason anymore to do things like forum games and such
  • some people say that the old forums and this one are better than the old old forums and i agree because i have seen that and in my oppinion that looked like a mess, but i hate this version of the forums because all accesibilty is away

-like there isnt anymore the most recent threads, so people's threads will only be seen if the people press on the right categorie
    -there is no activity wall anymore, so its now basically useless to use your own wall and if you search for someone it goes way harder to find them
    -there is no karma anymore, not that thats so bad but there is no full reason anymore to do things like forum games and such

You can access recent discussions by clicking the Discussion button on the top
    In mobile however you have to click the hamburger icon (the three lines) then click Discussions

You can access your friends easily by typing this on the url: https://forums2.cubiccastles.com/profile/name of user
    I do agree our own walls are mostly useless now :(

On the up side we couldnt get warned for "karma farming" now tho
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    IronFish said:

some people say that the old forums and this one are better than the old old forums and i agree because i have seen that and in my oppinion that looked like a mess, but i hate this version of the forums because all accesibilty is away

In mobile however you have to click the hamburger icon (the three lines) then click Discussions

You can access your friends easily by typing this on the url: https://forums2.cubiccastles.com/profile/name of user

ah okay so the most recent discussions are still here thnx

and thw link one could work, but with people with space before their name it doesnt work right? and also not with people with special signs and such

and true xD karma farming rule is basically gone now, kinda sad that i lost my karma though xD i was 2nd on the whole forums with karma
  • IronFish said:

ah okay so the most recent discussions are still here thnx

and thw link one could work, but with people with space before their name it doesnt work right? and also not with people with special signs and such

and true xD karma farming rule is basically gone now, kinda sad that i lost my karma though xD i was 2nd on the whole forums with karma
    It still works for ppl with spaces and symbols on their names (well it works with Ed and [BN] so far)
  • Cub The CubicCub The Cubic Member
    edited May 2020
    It's fine for me, took me a few days to get used to it. I think the activity wall came back, because when I typed something in, it worked.
    Too bad my contest is basically useless now because the polls are gone.
    What would work is if you add polls back and make the forums more neater and organised, by making it a bit smaller.
  • edited May 2020
    New forums are like anything new. You have to try it, give it time and get used to it. The things you say have disapperaed may end up being reconsidered, the forums have just opened! And even if it doesn't happen in the end, the new forums have many good things, and this is better than losing the forums. Changes must be met with desire, not complaints.

Also, the new dark mode design is super cool! :D
  • CubicCubic Member
    If they move to steam what if we don't have steam D: