your oppinion on new forums?

elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
just was wondering what your oppinion on the new forums is?

my oppinion is that i hate it and its not easy to use for me, literally everything i was on forums for is basically away

so basically thinking of going away...

sooo yeah... whats your oppinion on it?

Comments

• HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited January 2023
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

it's all the hacker's fault , rip

more a glitch's fault, basically what happened was that there was a way to go up in messages and even see private messages from other people
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Please don't start discussions aimed at complaining. We will end up on Steam forums and this will all be gone. If you don't like it you don't have to use it.
    edited January 2023
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Well for you guys that don't like this, there is the steam forums. Maybe you can try those and see if you like it better. They're not as active but if you go there then they will be more active. There's also some interesting features there like the streaming option, if some of you are interested in using Steam's streaming tools to stream the game.

Well for you guys that don't like this, there is the steam forums. Maybe you can try those and see if you like it better. They're not as active but if you go there then they will be more active. There's also some interesting features there like the streaming option, if some of you are interested in using Steam's streaming tools to stream the game.

Can you really consider bringing back the activity wall? I think removing it is going to cause more issues.

- excessive thread spam
    - Useless threads that would fit on the activity wall
    - Less forums use due to no easy way to interact
    - Full rules rework - a huge section of the rules need changed because now there is no activity wall

Etc
    Etc
    edited January 2023
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    I'll consider it...
  • I'll consider it...

:D
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I assumed we all still had the activity wall, i mean i still do.
    Must be a mod thing.
  • edited May 2020
    New forums look much fancier and also the dark theme is making it more usable and relaxing during the usage time. I really don't understand why so many people hate it, Sir.Kewberth (among with the others who maybe participated in fixing it) tried really hard and that's not the way to thank them. Also it's pretty much the same , you don't have to complain about anything, and in case you don't like it, nobody forced you to be here. Please be more positive and show people who tried some respect. :D
  • I came to the forums so confused and lost. I like the new forums. The only thing that is really an issue is reading text on the screen. I feel like it is a little too dark. But, I don't think you can really fix that.

I came to the forums so confused and lost. I like the new forums. The only thing that is really an issue is reading text on the screen. I feel like it is a little too dark. But, I don't think you can really fix that.

If you are on mobile switch to the full site. It's much easier to read and get around on that version.
  • CoolGuyBossCoolGuyBoss Member
    edited May 2020

I came to the forums so confused and lost. I like the new forums. The only thing that is really an issue is reading text on the screen. I feel like it is a little too dark. But, I don't think you can really fix that.

If you are on mobile switch to the full site. It's much easier to read and get around on that version.
    I'll remember to do that on mobile when I check forums while away from home. I read more posts and I edited this one. The dark theme is a bit better to read on now that I think I'm getting used to it and so are my eyes. When I used to read, I'd have to look away but now I think I've gotten used to it.
  • KewbinKewbin Member
    For me, this is much better than the previous version.
    I love the new design and dark theme! I am also happy for removal of karma as it didn't serve any meaningful use.
    I kind of miss the public activity wall...
    However, once all these small issues like Edit Profile button or mobile theme get fixed, it will be perfect for me!
  • Yes, I do like the harder theme, its more relaxing. I think I was having trouble reading because I had just woken up and my eyes haven't really done anything. Daily routine has been waking up, seeing if forums is up, and then going to do IRL stuff.
  • Since, I don't use soo much steam for forums, and I used to love a lot the old forums, used to stay there more than in real cc, just because we can make friends easier here, discuss a large variety of things, earn karmas and much more stuffs...

well, Id preffer more the old forums than this new one, but I know that it will not come back.
  • I prefer the previous forums, but these are fine as well I suppose
  • This forums is better than no forums. Steam forums suck. We either get used to it or we all loose the forums.

Please don't start discussions aimed at complaining. We will end up on Steam forums and this will all be gone. If you don't like it you don't have to use it.

i never aimed at complaining, thats what you make of it, i only gave my oppinion, or do we suddenly also lose the right of freedom of speech?
    edited January 2023
  • Hardly works on mobile.
    Azsimuth said:

Hardly works on mobile.

yeah that too, i just pressed the full site option and that works kinda better

i never aimed at complaining, thats what you make of it, i only gave my oppinion, or do we suddenly also lose the right of freedom of speech?
    You have the freedom to say what you want as long as it follows the rules of the forums and general courtesy rules. I was only reminding everyone that we were close to losing the forums and that if you complain enough it could still happen. Continue...
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    The more I use them the more I prefer it tbh. It's streamlined and has away with let's be honest pointless parts of the forums. Sure not everything's working 100 percent but it's early days and it can be tweaked.
  • This is the first time I've seen the forums - it's DEFINITELY different and will take some getting used to.
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    Change is always hard when its not expected or not sought after. But i'm sure in time, things will become the norm. Not the first time the forums have changed. I'm liking the change.
    Will miss that activity wall though. Had it's uses.
  • lepidopteristlepidopterist Member
    edited May 2020
    I honestly love the new forums. The dark mode makes it easier to read and the layout change is so much better and easier to navigate through. I must say: I can’t seem to see any issues with the new forums. I never used the activity wall or friends list anyway. I like the forums as a place to discuss and inform with the cubic castles community as a whole. Overall, I love it. Also, on mobile, go all the way down and select “full site.” Before I did that, I was quite displeased with the new look and the layout was inconsistent. Credits to Whim for that info.
    There’s only two things I don’t like about the new forums.

-No activity wall
    -When on the mobile site it looks like 2010 Facebook.

Besides that I actually like the dark mode more then light.