A quick video about switches

Comments

• SweetPyxelSweetPyxel Member
    edited April 2018

I like the thought of wireless switches and recievers, but what about wired?
    Personally, i like the thought of more controlled switches and recievers, though there are dampeners, wired switches may make room for something more complex, or even sinister >:3

Like, how they're wired, idk yet. Maybe selecting blocks to have wires pass through/on/in them. Applications, also not fully sure, but it may work as a (somehow) cheaper alternative.

It may function as a way to not have most other receivers not trigger without the need for dampeners/allows receivers at longer distances without potentially trigger other receivers (That's assuming that for every 2-5 receivers, there's a dampener in the pack)
    I do not believe there’s a need to implement what you have suggested at this time, the way they have it now is great, it’s a unique way and if they added wires, it would take away the uniqueness..
    I will admit that the method of which they intend for players to use it is unique as far as I've seen (Not a unique mechanic but a unique method). But that's besides the point, I asked because of how low the drops for dampeners are, and the limited potential for bigger realms/rooms.
    Edit: also, potential for complex systems are kinda limited, but i kind of understand that being so with most of the playerbase on mobile phones
  • Dear Kewberth...

In switches ,have anything in them,that make we need be 2 on,or 2 pressure plates , for make something work? like :

(switcher on )-----
    ------( Red Receiver ) ( on )
    (switcher on )-----

and make one switcher off :

( switcher off ) -----
    ---- ( Red Receiver ) ( off )
    ( switcher on ) -----

if don't understand what I trying say,I can do kogama as example ...

Lets ignore all another logic thing ,just stay with these ( black circle only ) : ( the image named aaa.pgn )

after u see the image, lets call pressure plates with green and red circle

only if the two pressures , are with a person up it at same time,the purple thing, enable ,and toggle others connected things ...
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    lucaaa795 said:

lucaaa795 said:

I don't know if lighting is possible given the restrictions of the engine/device speed -- if we lock doors I'll try to get elevators doors to remain closed as well yes.

dammit. I guess that's one disadvantage of running a game on an engine only a handful of people have access to..
    It has nothing to do with the engine being in-house. It has to do with the limitations of what an iPad can display / do. It's all about the hardware. It's not a limit of what can be coded. It's a limit of what will play well on mobile devices. Newer iphones or top shelf android devices could do it right now but then you'd be cutting out players on older hardware. (insomuch as the game would become unplayable or too slow for them to enjoy)

Oh i understand.. But having that kind of stuff would be cool ;-;
    If its not the limit of what can be coded, maybe you can make it so that only the 3x3 area where light from a source is visible has to be reloaded.. I mean, that would be something better than reloading the whole realm for sure
    It does actually limit changes to sections of a realm. But the issue isn't turning on one light. It's that if you allow one light then you also have to allow turning on lights in the whole realm. So people come along and setup a realm where the whole realm flashes on and off controlled by one spudbug and a switch and 1000 lights and then when its slow they complain to us that it doesn't work :-) -- Anyway.. I didn't say lights was off the table.. I just said I wasn't sure and it would require some testing. It's already true to some extent that you can do things in your realms to slow them down and players have to take some care.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer

Dear Kewberth...

In switches ,have anything in them,that make we need be 2 on,or 2 pressure plates , for make something work? like :

(switcher on )-----
    ------( Red Receiver ) ( on )
    (switcher on )-----

and make one switcher off :

( switcher off ) -----
    ---- ( Red Receiver ) ( off )
    ( switcher on ) -----

if don't understand what I trying say,I can do kogama as example ...

Lets ignore all another logic thing ,just stay with these ( black circle only ) : ( the image named aaa.pgn )

after u see the image, lets call pressure plates with green and red circle

only if the two pressures , are with a person up it at same time,the purple thing, enable ,and toggle others connected things ...

Yes I understand. We have some stuff coming to do more complex designs later, but for now there are some limits. In away this tests how keen people are to make more complex designs and use these kinds of fancier setups. Is it something everyone will enjoy or only a few select players? etc..
  • I was wondering.
    and two things came to mind.

1. Slymes interacting with pressure plates
    2. Spawning mobs using recievers/switches

The 1st being self explanatory. Giving slymes the ability to also trigger pressure plates. This came to mind when i remembered that slymes usually follow players. This can become an interesting mechanic for adventure maps, forcing slymes to follow onto a pressure plate.

The 2nd which is also self exlpanatory, is involving the use of the system to make a mob spawn (mainly slymes and spudbugs). Why i thought of this.. Let's say I've thought of what it can be used for and one of the first ideas was a cubic castles death run. (If you don't know what a death run is, it is usually a game where players run a obstacle course while another player may trigger traps to hinder or stop them. With allowing spudbugs to spawn through switches, automatic deathruns/deathrun parkour can be made to potentially challenge the player/s at any time)
  • I was wondering.
    and two things came to mind.

1. Slymes interacting with pressure plates
    2. Spawning mobs using recievers/switches

The 1st being self explanatory. Giving slymes the ability to also trigger pressure plates. This came to mind when i remembered that slymes usually follow players. This can become an interesting mechanic for adventure maps, forcing slymes to follow onto a pressure plate.

The 2nd which is also self exlpanatory, is involving the use of the system to make a mob spawn (mainly slymes and spudbugs). Why i thought of this.. Let's say I've thought of what it can be used for and one of the first ideas was a cubic castles death run. (If you don't know what a death run is, it is usually a game where players run a obstacle course while another player may trigger traps to hinder or stop them. With allowing spudbugs to spawn through switches, automatic deathruns/deathrun parkour can be made to potentially challenge the player/s at any time)
    +1
  • Question: Will they work on rental plots?

Question: Will they work on rental plots?

Nothing specifically preventing it, but of course it wouldn't be very useful unless the plots were far apart.

Nothing specifically preventing it, but of course it wouldn't be very useful unless the plots were far apart.
    Now will there be a maintenance if scammers somehow find a way to abuse this ability and use it to scam playersbwithr plots?
  • Oh, i thought new quests are coming soon D;
    Until i saw the preview, those blue, red and green things are not perks ;(

Now will there be a maintenance if scammers somehow find a way to abuse this ability and use it to scam playersbwithr plots?
    No matter what comes out, nasty people will find ways to abuse it and rob (not scam, that word is frequently used incorrectly) gullible players of their valuables. There isn't much Kew can do about it with this. Just be wary and report anything you find that shouldn't be.
  • WOWOWOWOWOWOW... Is That a new update?????.....It seems pretty awesome!
  • The Death ReaperThe Death Reaper Behind youMember
    edited May 2018
    Question;
    Can you switch a switch, using a switch, and make it like a repeater in minecraft? xD
  • As for us builders. These are very handy on. Castle gates. Modern techlogy designs or maybe functioalities. And that Pink block. " that can be turned on/off " with a switch has a very influencing pink shade which i find very cool, love it so much!!
  • Cant wait for the switch update! :D You can do so much with it! :D
  • cool mechanical keyboard lol
    It's a WASD keyboard... with cherry blue switches
  • Can I ask how many rounds will the wireless update have?
    If I understand your question correctly.. It depends on players I guess... But my feeling is they wouldn't be big updates, but rather incremental updates.. Adding new switchable items etc... piecemeal over time.
  • edited May 2018
    What about a switch stamp that you put on a door like a cave stamp or something and there can be a blue switch stamp and a red one and a green one, so that you can open doors
  • What will happen if three of the receivers were placed horizontaly, and you placed for example : an Outline block that is placed down 2 more blocks horizontaly.

-Will all of the outline blocks work?
  • Will balls trigger pressure plates and switches?
  • I don’t think normal switches are triggered by spudbugs or anything else besides qbees, it’s the pressure plates you would be referring to with your question

What will happen if three of the receivers were placed horizontaly, and you placed for example : an Outline block that is placed down 2 more blocks horizontaly.

-Will all of the outline blocks work?

If I understand your image I think so yes...
    lucaaa795 said:

I don’t think normal switches are triggered by spudbugs or anything else besides qbees, it’s the pressure plates you would be referring to with your question

actually spudbugs turn the normal ones too.
    @SirKewberth stupid question but do luvbugs have the ability to do what a spudbug can do, too?
    You know I'd have to check the code for that... it depends if the luvbugs have their own mob ID or not. Basically the game checks the KIND of mob and if it's a spudbug it allows switch interaction, but I didn't specifically add or prohibit luvbugs. Easy to check though by just adding a luvbug and switch. If they don't they could be added easily for a future update.
  • *Joystick**Joystick* Member
    edited May 2018
    Would be interesting that all mobs could be able to use switches! If you want a defined amount of time between each switch, lace a spudbug, but if you want it to be random, place a chicken, or a pig or anything else =D
  • lucaaa795 said:

I don’t think normal switches are triggered by spudbugs or anything else besides qbees, it’s the pressure plates you would be referring to with your question

@SirKewberth stupid question but do luvbugs have the ability to do what a spudbug can do, too?
    Ok, I wasn’t too sure, thanks Lucaa!

Would be interesting that all mobs could be able to use switches! If you want a defined amount of time between each switch, lace a spudbug, but if you want it to be random, place a chicken, or a pig or anything else =D

Don’t forget Slimes!!! And ghosts..
  • lucaaa795 said:

Spooks can't trigger pressure plates, they go through stuff.
  • JackFury said:

lucaaa795 said:

Ik, I was just kinda prodding peeps to state what they think about them and switches :)
  • *Joystick**Joystick* Member
    edited May 2018
    JackFury said:

lucaaa795 said:

Then another idea for a future item : mouvements sensor!!!!