Changes to the moderator system.

UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
edited April 2017 in Suggestions & Comments
Nerve said:

- Scammers should receive a warning and then a permanent ban, they already got a warning and it's their fault for continuing scamming so that's where the permanent ban comes into play. Most scammers are the same people over and over again, this would quickly eliminate those scammers since they get one warning and then a permanent ban.
You may say that they should get a chance but they got a warning in the first place. It's their fault for not taking the warning seriously and their fault for still doing whatever they where doing wrong in the first place.

I didn't feel like typing it all again so I just quoted what I said in another thread. I think this will greatly help out the game by eliminating "Toxic players" more quickly and effectively.

Comments

• PiousPious Member
    I'd say I agreed if the result was a permanent ban on first offense. :)
  • epieownzepieownz Member
    edited April 2017
    Pious said:

if this was implemented.
    gg 10-50% of the ingame community.

• Pious said:

Nerve said:

Nerve said:

- Scammers should receive a warning and then a permanent ban, they already got a warning and it's their fault for continuing scamming so that's where the permanent ban comes into play. Most scammers are the same people over and over again, this would quickly eliminate those scammers since they get one warning and then a permanent ban.

- Anyone who curses or spams should get a warning, then a one week ban, and then a permanent ban. (This means no verbal warnings)

You may say that they should get a chance but they got a warning in the first place. It's their fault for not taking the warning seriously and their fault for still doing whatever they where doing wrong in the first place.

I didn't feel like typing it all again so I just quoted what I said in another thread. I think this will greatly help out the game by eliminating "Toxic players" more quickly and effectively.
    No, god, do you want people to play the game or not? The rules are strict enough, but then this is unreasonable.
  • I have mixed feelings but I think it's fine as it is. I barley see any scams these days and when I do it's because someone gave perms to a stranger or dropped an item elsewhere as if the game had not warned them enough.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

Pious said:

Nerve said:

Nerve said:

- Anyone who curses or spams should get a warning, then a one week ban, and then a permanent ban. (This means no verbal warnings)

No, god, do you want people to play the game or not? The rules are strict enough, but then this is unreasonable.
    All players will still play the game, except scammers. Who wouldn't want scammers to be banned except scammers themselves.
    Lil Natey said:

what about the spammers >_> or adults who cuss

It's against the rules to curse and spam, correct? It's their fault for breaking the rule.
  • PiousPious Member
    Nerve said:

Lil Natey said:

It's against the rules to curse and spam, correct? It's their fault for breaking the rule.
    And so they should be perma-banned for first offense! >;O
  • PiousPious Member
    Lil Natey said:

Pious said:

Nerve said:

Lil Natey said:

although its an offense, its not as bad as scamming, is it?
    We ought to see all offenses as God sees sin. Equal.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    No these changes are way to harsh.
    We want a game not a totalitarian state.
  • PiousPious Member
    Lil Natey said:

Pious said:

Lil Natey said:

Pious said:

Nerve said:

Lil Natey said:

a little harsh,wouldnt you say
    If God is harsh.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Pious said:

Lil Natey said:

Pious said:

Lil Natey said:

Pious said:

Nerve said:

Lil Natey said:

a little harsh,wouldnt you say
    If God is harsh.
    Lets keep it on topic please.
    Religion isn't required to have a discussion about game rules.
    Thanks.
    Edit - the main point was to change how scammers are punished.
  • PiousPious Member
    edited April 2017
    Nerve said:

Edit - the main point was to change how scammers are punished.

We should all pray that God smite them!
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Religion FTW!
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Well i dont agree with it fully

I think this should aply only on certain things, like scamming things (of course only if its 100% sure he scammed)
  • CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator
    lucaaa795 said:

The not so ok thing is that 20-40% of the scammers dont get jailed at all because of various reasons

I only question where do you get these "20-40%" from? Scammers do get banned, in fact daily by different moderators, and majority of them are the same people that have been banned countless of times. If you don't see a mod respond to something or be in scammer's sight, it doesn't mean that nothing is done about it or that only A and B deal with them.

I also don't know where you got the timing from. Bans are automated, they're caused by warnings, which in fact reset if a person haven't done anything for a certain period of time to get a new warning. Thus, as example 3rd ban, can easily become 1 day long again. What you stated sounds more like the system we had before the current one, when it wasn't automated.

Some kind of change in the mod system is needed, imo. Right now it's so silly, none of the scammers care how many times they get banned. They just keep doing what they were doing, even after being banned like 10 times. Can also link this to threads in which everyone constantly scream that more mods are needed; be there 1 mod or 101 it will remain exactly the same. The system needs a change at the moment, not amount of moderators.
  • enza widowenza widow Member
    edited April 2017
    Cortana said:

Some kind of change in the mod system is needed, imo. Right now it's so silly, none of the scammers care how many times they get banned. They just keep doing what they were doing, even after being banned like 10 times. Can also link this to threads in which everyone constantly scream that more mods are needed; be there 1 mod or 101 it will remain exactly the same. The system needs a change at the moment, not amount of moderators.

Agree... but I just wasted 2 years with it.
    Mod are just in game to act as buffer between players and admins... sensless work.
    Just to notice, but i gave up with it.
    And yeah, the amount of mod wont change anything.
    lucaaa795 said:

Ok the "You cuss you get perma banned" is way too strict.
    There are many "ok" words in other languages that have some combo of letters that are not allowed . How is the guy supposed to know that its not allowed to say some word?
    As for the scammers...Perma ban on first punishment might be too harsh.
    The actual system works like this
    First time jailed: 1 day
    2nd time jailed:3 days
    3rd tine jailed:1 week
    4th time jailed:4 weeks
    5th time:Perma ban
    (correct me if im wrong)
    And thats enough...The not so ok thing is that 20-40% of the scammers dont get jailed at all because of various reasons

I removed the part about spamming and cursing right before you posted this comment. xD
  • I don't think the Scammers are being Warned or permanently Banned, Nothing is happening like that.
  • Maybe something like if someone has been reported a certain number of times or in a certain time period (like for a few weeks after they were banned) Any reports filed against them could be classed as more urgent or something?

Or a 'good behaviour bond'? When someone gets unbanned they could be put on a good behaviour bond that requires them not to break any rules for a certain period of time otherwise the punishments would be worse?

Maybe something like if someone has been reported a certain number of times or in a certain time period (like for a few weeks after they were banned) Any reports filed against them could be classed as more urgent or something?

Or a 'good behaviour bond'? When someone gets unbanned they could be put on a good behaviour bond that requires them not to break any rules for a certain period of time otherwise the punishments would be worse?

All this was basically already in since the very beginning... That "good behaviour bond" is linked to warnings, they decay overtime.
  • Cortana said:

Maybe something like if someone has been reported a certain number of times or in a certain time period (like for a few weeks after they were banned) Any reports filed against them could be classed as more urgent or something?

All this was basically already in since the very beginning... That "good behaviour bond" is linked to warnings, they decay overtime.
    My apologies, didn't realise xD
  • Cortana said:

lucaaa795 said:

The not so ok thing is that 20-40% of the scammers dont get jailed at all because of various reasons

I only question where do you get these "20-40%" from? Scammers do get banned, in fact daily by different moderators, and majority of them are the same people that have been banned countless of times. If you don't see a mod respond to something or be in scammer's sight, it doesn't mean that nothing is done about it or that only A and B deal with them.

I also don't know where you got the timing from. Bans are automated, they're caused by warnings, which in fact reset if a person haven't done anything for a certain period of time to get a new warning. Thus, as example 3rd ban, can easily become 1 day long again. What you stated sounds more like the system we had before the current one, when it wasn't automated.

Very well said.
  • To bad this is not medieval times where we could have stocks to put the offenders in to publicly shame them.

• edited April 2017
    Luca if I found you were in the stocks, I would save you but only after I took a selfie with you >:D
  • PiousPious Member
    eagence said:

I started to support this suggustion when I started to realize cc is not like old times anymore ^_^ ...

It may be better to perma-ban scammers instead of leaving them to cubic castle community who wanna put them into stockings and barbarically and brutally humiliate them...

Civilized people of cubic castle who left their share out of humanity and dignity...

Its still nice to see certain people are here to talk this things as if like its taken seriously... So sad that for some immature people punishing scammers is just a public entertainment... How animalistic and low... You guys should use bonefires so you may also enjoy their screams instead of just using methods from dark ages...

I am so lost as to where this message was going. At first it seems like someone defending scammers. Then saying we should increase the brutality? Whaaaa?
  • I believe that a better system as stated by Cortana where it was less lax and forgiving needs to be implemented. I would also like to see more mods as there have been many lapses of time where no mod was on to police. It will be interesting to see how things in the future are approached, what we have is an old system that has grown antiquated and needs to be revised to meet the current era of CC.
  • eagence said:

I started to support this suggustion when I started to realize cc is not like old times anymore ^_^ ...

It may be better to perma-ban scammers instead of leaving them to cubic castle community who wanna put them into stockings and barbarically and brutally humiliate them...

Civilized people of cubic castle who left their share out of humanity and dignity...

Its still nice to see certain people are here to talk this things as if like its taken seriously... So sad that for some immature people punishing scammers is just a public entertainment... How animalistic and low... You guys should use bonefires so you may also enjoy their screams instead of just using methods from dark ages...

I can't understand this at all o-o
  • Misticall said:

eagence said:

I can't understand this at all o-o
    He's just showing his hate against people who support the picture that grey shared.
  • enza widowenza widow Member
    edited April 2017

Dont worry Eagence. Devs have a brain, hopefully for the community...
    They wont go back to slavery or hanging ^^
    This is off-topic, but it needs to be said in regards to some comments above.

Can we have a civilized thread for once without having the exact same people turn it into an argument and hatred train? You support public shaming? Well, we don't and we won't allow that. I also don't find that medieval joke funny. I'm getting sick of seeing the same people gang up, hint at and attempt to humiliate the same person over and over again. Yes, he did something wrong in the past, he accepts it and understands it clearly. Why do you think you can mistreat somebody for what they did in the past? Some people do change, believe it or not, some only get worse. If a person can accept their wrongs, then why can't you do the same? That doesn't make them be any less of a human and doesn't mean that you're free to attack them in front of everyone whenever you get the chance. Treat others the way you want to be treated yourself or simply ignore people you dislike. I'm done with my rant.