This is not a thread if you like or dislike growtopia

Sir John GreySir John Grey Member
edited March 2017 in Suggestions & Comments
So I've been playing growtopia for a week now and here are some things that I noticed. That I turn into suggestions.
Few notes before you continue:
Crafting in growtopia is farming.
Engridients are seeds.
You need to break blocks to get seeds.
Craftables are non-permanent: When you break a block there are four outcomes: It becomes money or floating block or seed or nothing.
They can only trade items.
* are subject to change.
IMPORTANT NOTE: READ AND ANALYZE THE WRITTEN BELOW BEFORE COMMENTING
THE FOLLOWING CAN BE GENERALLY SEEN IN OTHER GAMES AND NOT ONLY GROWTOPIA.

There are tons of blocks

Growtopia outnumbered CC in terms of blocks. I think it's time for CC to focus now on blocks. New blocks should be added.

Almost everything are craftable

What makes me play growtopia more is that, almost all items are craftable from essentials to cosmetics. CC will be fun to play if lots of things are craftable.

More crafting and mining

Growtopia have few fundamental blocks but tons of crafting branches. I really encourage CC will adapt this. Time for real crafting and mining.
Items have rarity level.The higher the rarity the harder to craft. (Fewer drop rate + More time = Low production)
Crafting in growtopia takes time to control item production.
I suggest cubes in CC to act like seeds in growtopia.*(Cloth cube, Fire cube, etc.) *(Approx. 1 Lava cube for every 200 Lava blocks removed)
And make craftables non-permanent items.(To encourage mining fundamental blocks and control item number at the same time)
To implement this I thought of a special crafting table where you craft complex items that takes time to craft and limited to each of player.*(Five per player)

It is easier to earn Money

I got 2k in 1 night in growtopia using a block with rarity of 18 by mining alone. Meanwhile I only get 500c in CC by mining at same duration. I suggest earning cubits when crafting complex items. And the more complex you craft the more c you can get.

Their community are not cheap heads

We all know that prices of permanent in store items drop in CC right? Unlike in growtopia the players there only sells or generously buy items relatively same at store price!
Example: I was checking price of weather machines there and the prices are equivalent to store price. A night weather costs 4-5 worldlocks in players and costs 10k in store. (1worldlock=2k)(Night weather is not an event item)
And I think the reason here is that they disabled trading for gems and made worldlocks as general currency. (Worldlock=A lock when placed in a world without other locks will make you own it)
So I suggest the following:
Make realm names unique first. (Reduces scams)
Make realm deeds tradable.(Once traded the deed owner will be the realm owner, and other permssions will be removed.)(All rooms must be removed first) (Shows the size and name of realm when trading)
Make realms expandable.*(From 33x33 to 99)
Make rooms convertable.(From room to realm)
Make realms as general currency.(Encourages building) (Shows the size and name of realm when trading)

Community Builds are not Under Rated!

Growtopia have log-in Gazette. Where new items are indicated, General Rules are written, and they have a thing called "World of the Day". I suggest having a similar to that.

No Lobby

Growtopia have no lobby world. But it shows recent worlds you accessed. And I also noticed overworld being ghost town
So I suggest removing lobbies. And adding clickable(like hollawarp) list of owned realms and 10* recently accessed realms in profile on menu.

Zoom!

Growtopia have zoom. Zoom is very essential and useful in cubic castle. It can really help building and mining. Annnnd it can make immersive gameplay.
Stop saying this is not minecraft. First-person view have no patent. You can keep zoom out if you want.

Music Tiles

I saw suggestions about music etc. So here is the answer, make your own music with Music Tiles! Each Tiles are adjustable** notes and tempo. It will be played in horizontal manner from north-west to south-west(Like reading words duh), back to north-west(South of the first) and if you want to play same note at same time just place it under or above. Just imagine building a your favorite music! that can be heard by everyone in realm!

Summary

Add tons of new blocks.

2.Make most(or atleast half) of the items craftable.

3.Make tons of crafting branches.(harder)
Add crafting cubes.*(Cloth cube, Fire cube, etc.) *(Approx. 1 Lava cube for every 200 Lava blocks removed)
Add a special crafting table where you craft via crafting cubes that takes time to craft and limited to each of player.*(Five per player)
Make craftables non-permanent.(This really encourage mining)

4.Make crafting and mining more rewarding. (To encourage mining and crafting rather than only shopkeeping)

5.Make realm names unique first.
Make realm deeds tradable.(Once traded the deed owner will be the realm owner, and other permssions will be removed.)(All rooms must be removed first) (Shows the size and name of realm when trading)
Make realms expandable.*(From 33x33 to 99)
Make rooms convertable.(From room to realm)
Make realms as general currency.(Encourages building) (Shows the size and name of realm when trading)

6.We should have pop-up Cubic Castle News in-game that shows new items, rules, and realm of the day.

7.Remove Lobbies
Adding clickable(like hollawarp) list of owned realms and official realms and 10* recently accessed realms in profile on menu.

8.Zoom in and Zoom out!

9.Music Tiles!

INDEX
For those who don't understand the crafting part.

1. New blocks/items will be added.
Example: Tall Grass (Rarity: 1)

2. To craft this new items you need [Ingredient Cubes]+[New Crafting Table]
Example: [Dirt Cube] + [Grass Cube] + [New Crafting Table] = [Tall Grass]

3. To get ingredient cubes you need to mine a huge amount of the engridient blocks. They drop like dehydrated Cubes. Fundamental Cubes Drops Like Red Cube.
Example: *Mining tons of Dirt* *Dirt Cube Pop-out* *Mining tons of Grass* *Grass Cube Pop-out*

4. Crafted Items via New Crafting Table are non-permanent. To prevent massive crafting abuse and make them hard to craft for real
Example: *Pulls Tall Grass* = *Becomes Air* or *Becomes 1 Cubit* or *Becomes Tall Grass Cube* or *Becomes Tall Grass Block*

5. Crafting them Takes Time So don't say it's easy for a newbie to craft rare craftables.To prevent massive crafting abuse and make them hard to craft for real
Example: Crafting Tall Grass takes 30 mins

6. Limited New Crafting Table Per Player! To prevent massive crafting abuse and make them hard to craft for real
Example: 3 New Crafting Table per ip and email and device.

7. Higher Teir Crafting still requires Engridient Cubes. Which means Time to put your butt on mines
Example: Forest Hat = [Tall Grass Cube] + [Cotton Cube]
This means I need to Mine ALOT of Grass, Dirt, Tall Grass and Cottons!

8. Crafting Higher Tier Gives Some Cubits. Well I waiting for 3 days(Example) to craft isn't it more worth it if I get some C?
Example: *Done Crafting a Forest Hat* *Drops 3c and the Hat*

9. Tons of Crafting Branches. More items to craft = More Blocks to Build With!

CC News Description:
1. There will be a pop-up message box whenever you start(or log-in) CC.
2. It shows the latest pack/update/Event as headline.
3. Followed by Realm of the Day (Or Month or week :v)
4. Under it will have brief or general List of Rules! And a link where you can click to see all.
5. Below rules will show up-coming updates/blocks/events! (Optional: Some don't like it because they are sort of short hype players)
6. Lastly will show the remaining time before you can get your tokens.

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

Winston Churchill

Comments

• To make a first person view they would have to change alot of things in cc for one they would need to add an underside to blocks and many other things it would be way too complicated.
  • CircyCircy Member
    edited March 2017
    Oh, how I love you, John! ❤

You were absent for such a while, I began to think you've abandoned me! I'm glad that you chose to share with us your opinions and suggestions on how to improve CC, and focused less on event and vanity wear.

Hopefully, the Developers will be kind enough to take your views into consideration and strive to perfecting this game with every update. ❤

Post Scriptum: you should delve further into your suggestions, and make a more detailed description of what types of blocks you think should be incorporated, and how exactly we can make mining and crafting more rewardable. Because, the prices of mined and crafted items are solely based upon the economy of the community -- they set the standard amount as to what they think are reasonable prices. (Example: Current Stone Price - 10/c)

Overall: +1
  • -1 .........
  • Aj BaryzaAj Baryza Member
    edited March 2017
    -1 .........
    Make almost all item craftable?
    Dud dont.
    If u want cc like gt , play gt not cc . Dont make cc like that vruh
  • MiwkyMiwky at your house stealing your Peanut butter jarMember
    edited March 2017
    Pimydd said:

To make a first person view they would have to change alot of things in cc for one they would need to add an underside to blocks and many other things it would be way too complicated.

no "first person view" was mentioned here, only zoom in and out which I think is ok.

There are tons of blocks

Growtopia outnumbered CC in terms of blocks. I think it's time for CC to focus now on blocks. New blocks should be added.
    I strongly agree to this, a lot of times I find myself unsatisfied, don't know what to do and add to my builds because of the handful of choices, either the blocks don't go well together or just not enough, so I end up not finishing them. which is why I was so disappointed in the last Christmas event. I put my heart into that, came up with different uses of items way beyond their actual use and it didn't even deserved an honorable. but that was just before xD

edited March 2017
    lucaaa795 said:

Also,You forgot something
    Growtopia is 2D
    Cubic Castles is 3D
    Just wanted to point it out

I don't find a reason for him to mention it there's no need to. he suggested things that are possible in our game, dunno why it being 2D and 3D would affect those possibilities.

• Pimydd said:

To make a first person view they would have to change alot of things in cc for one they would need to add an underside to blocks and many other things it would be way too complicated.

What if they made it soon?

Circy said:

Oh, how I love you, John! ❤

You were absent for such a while, I began to think you've abandoned me! I'm glad that you chose to share with us your opinions and suggestions on how to improve CC, and focused less on event and vanity wear.

Hopefully, the Developers will be kind enough to take your views into consideration and strive to perfecting this game with every update. ❤

hahaha ;) Sometimes we just need to look and think out of the box so that we can see more and know more. I just think CC really need a change. I just wondered "Why does this 2d Game have 5x more daily player than CC?" then you can only know if you play it. I got kinda hooked with crafting part coz everything is craftable. xD And nah I don't abandon special peeps to me ;)
    Circy said:

Post Scriptum: you should delve further into your suggestions, and make a more detailed description of what types of blocks you think should be incorporated, and how exactly we can make mining and crafting more rewardable. Because, the prices of mined and crafted items are solely based upon the economics and the community -- they set the standard amount as to what they think are reasonable prices. (Example: Current Stone Price - 10/c)

I'll try collecting blocks to add and listing them xD Thiz iz gonna be tasky e.e
    Maybe I should make another thread for it? I'll try brainstorming again to regain rewardable prices.
    lucaaa795 said:

Do all these and we have CubicGrowtopia.

I didn't say that we should plant trees :) those are ideas adopted to improve this game And besides those are not patented and sort of common knowledge. What do you think of a someone saying "Adding cars and we have CubicNeedforSpeed"
  • -1, if you want to play Growtopia, play Growtopia --> Don't turn CC into Growtopia.
  • Please don't comment without reading and understanding what I've written above. :)

Build awesome 3D platform worlds with your friends!

Cubic Castles is an online game where you build worlds from cubes and other items. What kind of worlds? Anything you want! Role playing, 3D-platform gaming, or other challenges! What you make is up to you. Want to make a punishing parkour with slippery ice and deadly spikes? No problem! Or maybe a simple house on a hill overlooking a lake? That's easy too!

CC is losing it's spirit as stated above. I barely see builds. I am suggesting this things so CC will improve. And not to turn CC into growtopia. Open your mind to new ideas :) I also noticed the succes of minecraft, why are they successful? Minecraft players/moders will not say "If you wanna play CubicCastles, play CubicCastles" instead they will say "Let's try adding that stuff in Minecraft!"
  • CircyCircy Member
    Misticall said:

-1, if you want to play Growtopia, play Growtopia --> Don't turn CC into Growtopia.

He's not trying to "turn CC into Growtopia" as you put it.

He is however, trying to incorporate some of Growtopia's best features and suggesting we tweak them a little and add them into CC.

He wasn't asking to turn CC into a 2D game, where you can plant trees and play CTF matches.

He's actually trying to help the game by suggesting potential features that may attract more audiences -- features he's noticed that are widely popular in other games (i.e, Growtopia)
  • Circy said:

<
    He wasn't asking to turn CC into a 2D game, where you can plant trees and play CTF matches.

What is CTF btw? xD
  • CircyCircy Member
    Aj Baryza said:

-1 .........
    Make almost all item craftable?
    Dud dont.
    If u want cc like gt , play gt not cc . Dont make cc like that vruh

What's the matter with allowing the possibility to make most items craftable?

To me, it just gives an advantage to all - especially the players (much like myself) who simply cannot afford to splurge money on Cubits.

It will increase the possibility of this game being a "Free-to-Play" rather than a "Pay-to-Play" and that's what we all want.
  • lucaaa795 said:

Imo,At least 30% of all items are wearables
    Sure lets make a halo craftable...or a monster mask or even some wings nothing much right

50% **

I didn't mention making rares craftable :) Growtopia have rares too that aren't craftable like their new feature: Item of the month, and "Can only be won in events" items
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator

Circy said:

<

What is CTF btw? xD
    Capture The Flag
  • CircyCircy Member
    edited March 2017
    lucaaa795 said:

Imo,At least 50% of all items are wearables
    Sure lets make a halo craftable...or a monster mask or even some wings nothing much right

I'm sure John's suggestion on making most items craftable were not so absurd.

We all know that the Developers will not be making such rare vanity items craftable anytime soon - John knows that, I'm sure.

I think his intentions of making most things craftable, would be by first incorporating newer blocks into the game - rather than the endless amount of decorative items and vanities that come with each new update.

Furthermore, it's also the Developers fault for allowing vanity wear to make up such a large percentage of items, rather than blocks.

This is a sandbox game, it revolves all around the creative outlets of minds and the ability to turn that creativity into reality -- through the process of building.
  • lucaaa795 said:

50% **

I didn't mention making rares craftable :) Growtopia have rares too that aren't craftable like their new feature: Item of the month, and "Can only be won in events" items
    Still. The point of wearables is that they're uncraftable. Say I spend 250c each on 100 hats that would be craftable by this idea. Then this comes into the game. I lose 25K '-'

Basically the point of hats is that they have value and cannot be obtained super easily. If you want craftable clothes, make some cotton shirt and pants.
  • Sir John GreySir John Grey Member
    edited March 2017
    Misticall said:

lucaaa795 said:

50% **

Still. The point of wearables is that they're uncraftable. Say I spend 250c each on 100 hats that would be craftable by this idea. Then this comes into the game. I lose 25K '-'

Basically the point of hats is that they have value and cannot be obtained super easily. If you want craftable clothes, make some cotton shirt and pants.
    They are really not meant to be uncraftable. Besides how'd you said crafting wearables will be super easy? Did you really read the thread? I'll cite examples if you want clarifications with new crafting.
    And~~ How'd you said that old hats will be craftable? ;)

• CircyCircy Member
    edited March 2017
    Misticall said:

lucaaa795 said:

50% **

1) Lower the prices of Clothing Packs. Maybe not all - and certainly not by a significantly noticeable amount, but just enough that it'd also impact the prices of the craftable wearable(s).

2) I'm sure if the Developers were ever to make clothing craftable, it'd be tedious. Requiring many materials and tools, it would certainly be a challenge, but it'd also be very rewarding in the end.

3) I'm also very sure they would disallow the ability to make all vanity items craftable. I understand if you'd be pissed at the thought of making certain clothing like Dark Angel Wings, Press Hats, Scarves and Halo's craftable - I would be too - but this suggestion only asks that you make a few items craftable (Examples: Flamenco Hat, Top Hat, Feather Hat, Sun Hat)
  • Please don't comment without reading and understanding what I've written above. :)

Cubic Castles is an online game where you build worlds from cubes and other items. What kind of worlds? Anything you want! Role playing, 3D-platform gaming, or other challenges! What you make is up to you. Want to make a punishing parkour with slippery ice and deadly spikes? No problem! Or maybe a simple house on a hill overlooking a lake? That's easy too!

CC is losing it's spirit as stated above. I barely see builds. I am suggesting this things so CC will improve. And not to turn CC into growtopia. Open your mind to new ideas :) I also noticed the succes of minecraft, why are they successful? Minecraft players/moders will not say "If you wanna play CubicCastles, play CubicCastles" instead they will say "Let's try adding that stuff in Minecraft!"

Wait wait so you want to see builds but you suggest things that focus on craftables and mining. Like I get that crafting and mining and crafting are the basic foundation for builds but honestly if anything the focus should be on more blocks and more ways to promote builds. I've seen people promote on forums which is great but there's no way to do it in-game without having way too many people at once, most people being advertisers. There are still people out there that mine and when they do mine they mine a LOT. They're the suppliers to those builders and many times we'll see that the builder has already mined tons on there own. I don't think we need to focus on mining or crafting as much as we need to focus on getting those beautiful builds out there with better blocks.
  • Misticall said:

lucaaa795 said:

50% **

They are really not meant to be uncraftable. Besides how'd you said crafting wearables will be super easy? Did you really read the thread? I'll cite examples if you want clarifications with new crafting.
    And~~ How'd you said that old hats will be craftable? ;)

By super easily, I mean anyone can obtain them. Even a level 10 player (with the right perks) could go out and mine the raw materials for a hat. But to buy a hat pack, they'd have to work hard for the cubits. Getting cubits is harder for a F2P new player than mining ores or materials. It teaches them to work hard imo :P
    I like how when talk about crafting most items we jump straight to rares and vanities, because isn't that what we only care about?

• CircyCircy Member
    edited March 2017

Please don't comment without reading and understanding what I've written above. :)

Wait wait so you want to see builds but you suggest things that focus on craftables and mining. Like I get that crafting and mining and crafting are the basic foundation for builds but honestly if anything the focus should be on more blocks and more ways to promote builds. I've seen people promote on forums which is great but there's no way to do it in-game without having way too many people at once, most people being advertisers. There are still people out there that mine and when they do mine they mine a LOT. They're the suppliers to those builders and many times we'll see that the builder has already mined tons on there own. I don't think we need to focus on mining or crafting as much as we need to focus on getting those beautiful builds out there with better blocks.
    Actually, if you read the lower part of this Thread, you'll find that his first suggestion to improve CC was to add more blocks just as you said, and he also nowhere suggested that we only focus on craftable and mining.

He also suggest that we find other ways to promote builds with his suggestion of "Realm of the Day"
  • Ok i think that crafting needs clarifications.
    Miwky said:

I like how when talk about crafting most items we jump straight to rares and vanities, because isn't that what we only care about?

Boom! xD
  • Miwky said:

The reason why I said that is because making Blocks craftable would not have an impact on our economy, while making hats craftable would.
  • Piratax10Piratax10 Member
    edited March 2017
    also, we already had "world of the day" holla-like thing, but they removed it with the add of the lobbies
  • Piratax10 said:

also, we already had "world of the day" holla-like thing, but they removed it with the add of the lobbies

Uhhh where is that? O.O
  • MisticallMisticall Member
    edited March 2017

Piratax10 said:

Uhhh where is that? O.O
    'but they removed it with the add of the lobbies' key word- removed
  • CircyCircy Member
    Piratax10 said:

Reread the end of your sentence.

We know they removed it, which is why John was suggesting we add it back - or implement a new, innovative one.
  • Well i think it is better to be added back rather than paying for a holla to check your build. Because most of the time I see in featured realms are shops.
  • That is quite a hefty list of suggestions.
This discussion has been closed.