About... Scammers/scam

So im want to start discussion about scammers...
Okey , first ... Scam is good way to get rich ?
No ! Definetly scam is really bad way to get rich... You may ask "Why , by scamming u can get free items" So... i have some reasons
-don't hurt others... What if you got scammed ? You will be happy ? I dont think so ;/
-By scamming u lose ur reputation... No one want to be friend with you beacouse no one want to be scammed...
-Bro think... Only peoples who dont knows how to get items scam... So yea we can say only noobs scam :D

How to avoid scam ? I think its not very hard :
Don't trust everyone beacouse much peoples in Cubic Castles are scammers ! Yea u can have trusted friends xD But dont trust everyone...

I got scammed 1 time... Black Angels... But i was stupid :D

I hope u enjoyed this post.

Type what do u think about scam :D

Comments

• CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    Yes you will lose your reputation if you scam. But note that scammers often use Alts because they believe mods can banned their main account that way. Always be alert when doing trading.
  • >Gleen<>Gleen< FranceMember
    Can mods IP ban?
  • Umm :/ I think mods is just ignoring scams... Really :c Mods think... "We are too famaous , who care ur items"
    Really? I thought mods are here to help players in gAme
  • Sir. PixelSir. Pixel EnglandMember
    edited February 2016
    There are certain mods that I would say help more than others [ Not saying names ]
    But all mods do help with scams, and the report button ISNT IGNORED
  • *insane**insane* SerbiaMember
    I don't think anyone should give trust in games like this.Or at least hide your stuff if nothing else
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    MrShino said:

Umm :/ I think mods is just ignoring scams... Really :c Mods think... "We are too famaous , who care ur items"

The thing not much can be done to get your item back after you get scammed. You have to realized that your item is your own repsonsibilty. And if a mod was to answer everyone when they are asked for, they wouldn't have time to do anything for themselves.
  • But in real... Mods are "Fames". You cant talk with mods beacouse... beacouse why ? Mods are just rude peoples? I was friend of Cortana but she remove beacouse (i say again) "Fame"...
    edited February 2016
    Here's the thing. Because mods are "fame", people constantly tp to them, many constantly follow them around. For example, if someone sees a mod uncloak in a forest mine. And they just want to mine peacefully, but everyone will follow them around and steal what they get. And they don't ignore you on purpose. They are constantly reading the chat, but with all the spam from people there they can hardly think themselves. I've been on Cortana friend list for a while now and I haven't been unfriended. Probably why you got unfriended was because she didn't know you that well. She does keep her list to close friends.
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    edited February 2016
    CanItBeDone is spot on here with everything he said, the notion that we are "famous so we ignore everyone" is silly, we are here to help people, however, first and foremost I would say we are players first and mods second.

We are not 'hired' or payed in any way, shape or form, we are volunteers. That said I will try my hardest to help anyone assuming I am not either busy helping someone else or just trying to take some time off moderating and having fun.

Lastly, many people will feel ignored by us and that is because we often have many people trying to ask us something at the same time, we are only human after all, not robots (unfortunately) and can only read one issue at a time.

I would say if you need us or have an issue then PM us on the forum, finding us in game isn't really the best way (at least not for me personally)
  • Oh okey i understand... Maybe not all mods are really rude :/ Also if u are already here... i have question

Is Cubic Castles copying from Growtopia or Growtopia from Cubic Castles xD?
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    I don't believe either is necessarily true ;) The best games are games that build on that which may currently exist, but to make it better :) Growtopia in my eyes is a completely different game though, for a start its 2D not 3D ;)
  • I think some items from Growtopia got copy xD Like teeny angels and much more items but nvm ;D
    But that doesn't mean the concept of the idea Cupid wings belongs to Growtopia. Many things may seem copied but in reality it's not really at all. And usually good ideas are copied over and over.
  • MufflonMufflon Member
    edited February 2016

MrShino said:

Umm :/ I think mods is just ignoring scams... Really :c Mods think... "We are too famaous , who care ur items"

The thing not much can be done to get your item back after you get scammed. You have to realized that your item is your own repsonsibilty. And if a mod was to answer everyone when they are asked for, they wouldn't have time to do anything for themselves.
    Yeah. Unless the mod goes to a shop and uses his/her OWN cubits, he can't give you back the items spawning them or something.
    _____
    As Siddy said, they are only volunteer humans wich are given some extra tools to help the community be nicer doing whatever is in their reach.
  • currycrabcurrycrab Member
    edited February 2016

Yes you will lose your reputation if you scam. But note that scammers often use Alts because they believe mods can banned their main account that way. Always be alert when doing trading.

Scammer don't lose reputation. We have forgotten there is an ingame item that allow you to change the name.

I can create a name call: A. When I go around scamming people using that, I quickly changed into another name such as: B.

Scams are the hardest to avoid and I am glad that this game has basic element such as dropping in the realm/room with rights; it goes to the owner. But it could be further enhance such as: people that do not have rights, could not drop item (to avoid scam).
    MrShino said:

Mods don't ignore scam. It depend on their empowerment. If it require them to be online and at the same realm/room at the same time; when the scam happen before they join the realm/room and they miss the part, they cannot do any thing.

If they have the empowerment to check trade logs and chat logs, most of the time nobody can run away using that. If I scam you, trade logs will show. Not forgetting that this game allow name change and drop items.

MrShino said:

Like this bro has stated, most of the time that items lost in a scam, it will not be return.

In certain extend, moderators will restore for us based on exceptions.
    MrShino said:

Oh okey i understand... Maybe not all mods are really rude :/ Also if u are already here... i have question

If you search for HabboHotel, it was created in year 2001. It has the same concept as GrowTopia and CubicCastle.

Does that mean a game that existed earlier than others, the rest of them will simple copy?

Don't forget that there are intellectual property / rights. If a game is copying another, they will face a civil suit and vice versa.

Every game has its own uniqueness and they will share a common similarities too.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    currycrab said:

Scammer don't lose reputation. We have forgotten there is an ingame item that allow you to change the name.

I can create a name call: A. When I go around scamming people using that, I quickly changed into another name such as: B.

Scams are the hardest to avoid and I am glad that this game has basic element such as dropping in the realm/room with rights; it goes to the owner. But it could be further enhance such as: people that do not have rights, could not drop item (to avoid scam).
    currycrab said:

MrShino said:

Mods don't ignore scam. It depend on their empowerment. If it require them to be online and at the same realm/room at the same time; when the scam happen before they join the realm/room and they miss the part, they cannot do any thing.

If they have the empowerment to check trade logs and chat logs, most of the time nobody can run away using that. If I scam you, trade logs will show. Not forgetting that this game allow name change and drop items.
    currycrab said:

MrShino said:

Like this bro has stated, most of the time that items lost in a scam, it will not be return.

In certain extend, moderators will restore for us based on exceptions.
    currycrab said:

MrShino said:

Oh okey i understand... Maybe not all mods are really rude :/ Also if u are already here... i have question

If you search for HabboHotel, it was created in year 2001. It has the same concept as GrowTopia and CubicCastle.

Does that mean a game that existed earlier than others, the rest of them will simple copy?

Don't forget that there are intellectual property / rights. If a game is copying another, they will face a civil suit and vice versa.

Every game has its own uniqueness and they will share a common similarities too.
    I'm not sure you can multi-quote or merge your posts with the edit button that would be great and not breaking the forum rules :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Note that mods became mods because they were nice and respectful. They wouldn't have been a mod if they thought they were famous and fabulous.
  • Note that mods became mods because they were nice and respectful. They wouldn't have been a mod if they thought they were famous and fabulous.

Check the date of this post... it was last year.
  • Hmm about scam? I think if we scam you can be stress why? If someone remember ur name every they find u they will say "NOOB SCAMMER AHAHA NUB" pls anyone dont scam :(
  • ItsFrozed said:

Hmm about scam? I think if we scam you can be stress why? If someone remember ur name every they find u they will say "NOOB SCAMMER AHAHA NUB" pls anyone dont scam :(

http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/8/forum-rules#latest

Please read this, it's useful , (for not getting caught by mods 0-0)
  • CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator
    Please don't bump old and outdated threads.
This discussion has been closed.