Improve game by adding rpg elements

Ubratto228Ubratto228 Member
edited November 2018 in Suggestions & Comments
Hi! I've been playing cc for some time and... it starts to bother.
Thats why i started to think what can improve it and now i have To-do list for developers
(maybe this list is too demanding, but now we are playing such a full and intresting game, and let it take a certain amount of time and quantity, I think it's worth it)
so get started!

-The game mostly based on trading, sometimes we can build a maps and complete quests, but there is no more objectives to do, and it slighty annoying, but it can be fixed by adding rpg-rougelike elements, make game harder (I mean more difference)

-First of all new equipment: swords, bows/guns, shields, magic and armor.

-Wild animals: agressive (wolf, bear, polar bear, tiger, rat, spider, piranha)
peaceful (rabbit, penguin, bird).

-New skill/perk system
adds The tree of skills that contains old perks in new look, and new, related with figthing, movement, farming, hunting, mining and crafting.

-New foods and potions that gaves some baffs, debaffs, regenerate health (yup it means more hp to have and more hp to lost).

-Breathe life into the clans it means: Clan wars, more intresting clan quests, boss raides (link to 8-th point of list) and... i don't know what more make to clans.

-New interactive blocks and opportunities to build realms.

-Previously point leads us to new types of maps - dunngeons, that means a more agressive and intresting mobs, more new items and weapons and even bosses!

... That's all what i invented to make, but after some time there will be new ideas and that can be YOUR ideas, please write comments with your suggestions and what you think about it.

P.S i'm actually don't speak english, so text can contain grammar mistakes.

Some ideas can seem foolish, demanding, changing the structure of the game, but I can just express the idea not as originally planned.
If you want to give me critism, then don't hold back, I will understand you.

And if you have familliar mind - offer it in the comments.

(I just love CC and RPG genre, and now i subconsciously combine these two things)

Comments

• DsBerrypawDsBerrypaw Member
    edited November 2018
    So ofc I'm ALL over the clan updates, love all of em (regarding the clan stuffs not this thread), but uh, MINECRAFT EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
  • Cubic Castles is meant to be an escape, not a second reality.
  • This would change the game entirely
  • If you have not played Maplestory 2 then I highly suggest it. It is for PC and very much like what you are describing. It is a fun game.
  • PyreonPyreon Member
    edited November 2018

If you have not played Maplestory 2 then I highly suggest it. It is for PC and very much like what you are describing. It is a fun game.

i second grey's suggestion, i've maxed out my archer in ms2 and there was recently released content a few days ago, you should really give it a shot. it's a really fresh game so it's not too late to jump in.

but if you don't want to waste 10~gb of your storage space then let me have a quick look at your suggestions one by one.

-The game mostly based on trading, sometimes we can build a maps and complete quests, but there is no more objectives to do, and it slighty annoying, but it can be fixed by adding rpg-rougelike elements, make game harder

first of all, you have to get used to the "obsessive" trading in this game. It's the only thing that makes the game go round.

there are only a few notable things that can kill time in Cubic Castles:
    - building
    - quest/story packs
    - daily quests
    - retailing
    - PvP
    - Community-made minigames
    - community-made maps/worlds
    - and especially, talking to your online friends for hours.
    and a bit more.

"make the game harder"
    if you're talking about how challenging games gain the spotlight for being challenging, then it's the same thing here. anything can get the spotlight for being what they are. cc doesn't have to be hard to be noticed. cc needs to be what it is.

-First of all new equipment: swords, bows/guns, shields, magic and armor

what i remember from this game is that they minimize violence.
    "bUt PyR HArM WanDs ShOoT FirEBAlLs anD FiReBaLls ArE FlaMing BAlLs of HoT AiR thAt cAn InFlicT eXtRemE InJuRiEs To SoMeOne"

minimize violence. not remove violence completely.
    the harm wand's animation when it hits someone. look at it. it just shoots red stars around the victim and pushes him back. not impale his whole stomach and bleed intensely.

but if you're talking about how the other equipment can be simplified just like the harm wand, i'm sure that would be a great idea. gonna give that a +1.

-Wild animals: agressive (wolf, bear, polar bear, tiger, rat, spider, piranha)
    peaceful (rabbit, penguin, bird)

fairies.
    this may look like a great idea, but again, this is contradicting the design of cc itself.
    but if it's more crafting ideas for things that will actually have benefit, +0.7

-New skill/perk system
    adds The tree of skills that contains old perks in new look, and new, related with figthing, movement, farming, hunting, mining and crafting

you can just level up and pick from 3. when you reach past level 25 you have a higher chance of obtaining other perks, such as spindizzy, speed demon, jumpman, the nametag design thing. As you level up, you will encounter different kinds of perks. And as you level up, the perks you haven't upgraded will show up constantly. It's like a skill tree, but in a different design.

i think we already have too many perks.
    fighting:
    brawny
    the 4 heart perk

movement:
    the speed demon trilogy
    spindizzy (not useful in some point)
    jumpman

farming:
    there's too many.

mining:
    the faster mining perk.
    attractor perk.

crafting:
    again, so many.

and there's even for foraging. double cubits, less cubit store payment, better chance for gaining rares in cubit store packs, exp boosts for levelling, faster dehydration (?), chance to not waste your holla, they're all already given.

-New foods and potions that gaves some baffs, debaffs, regenerate health (yup it means more hp to have and more hp to lost)

boneless perks. could work with the right ideas. +0.5

-Breathe life into the clans it means: Clan wars, more intresting clan quests, boss raides (link to 8-th point of list) and... i don't know what more make to clans

boss raids. bunnyzilla.
    clan wars. the official clan race held in forums and done in-game.
    clan quests look fun though, i'll give the clan quests a +1

-New interactive blocks and opportunities to build realms

-Previously point leads us to new types of maps - dunngeons, that means a more agressive and intresting mobs, more new items and weapons and even bosses!

interactive blocks, yes, i think we need a few more. +1
    i don't know what you mean by opportunities to build realms.

dungeons, again, contradict with cc's design.

i forgot how to use spoilers so this might not work.

tl;dr not everything in his suggestions are bad. yes, the main idea is bad, but some ideas have a good potential for the game, but some are not priority content. good try man.

• Ubratto228Ubratto228 Member
    edited November 2018
    Ok, i slighty changed my mind, thanks for detailed criticism, and yup i should try mp2
  • for real... id like this! there is a lot of negative stigma around it but I think maybe some adventure rpg realms would be amazing!!!
  • The RPG element can be added by building story builds, which is what i’m working on rn. It takes forever tho if you don’t alrd have the stuff to build. On the bright side, it can be done with a lot of hard work

Also, speaking of RPG, it would be cool if players could use mannequins which can talk like in the single-player game and the farm co-op. This would help story builds be more streamlined and less confusing. I don’t see why this cannot be done

Out of all of your suggestions, I think adding clan quests is the best idea. The leader can set the quests themselves too
  • + more updates like this much better
  • Minecraft lol
  • I like the Piranha
    +1
    I hate the penguin
    I like foods
    +919101111