Deep Swamps, Canyons, and Glacier Mines! [Suggestion]

After the update of Deep forest mines, I think we need other mines that have a 50/50 chance of landing in other mines.

Tropical Mines:
Deep Swamps

Willow Tree Base
Willow Tree Trunk
Bald Cypress Base
Bald Cypress Trunk
Swamp Water (Deadly if your Qbee's head sinks under it)
Muddy Grass
Bald Cypress Leaves
Willow Leaves
Moss
Wild Leaf Pile
Wild Log Pile
Watermeal (Aquatic Plant)

Desert Mines:
Canyon Mines

Deep Mesa Block
Limestone
Packed Sand
Fallen Tree
Dead Fern
Dead Bush

Arctic Mines:
Glacier Mines

Packed Ice
Ice
Packed Snow
Frozen Mushroom
Frozen Flower
Snow Dune
Permafrost Dirt (Can only be mined with bombs)

Your opinion is welcome ^-^

Comments

• I love this idea! It adds more variety without having to add new icons to the overworld and it adds a new sense of exploration and adventure! I want this to happen with cave mines, instead of having to break your back looking for a hump of grass, just enter mountain mines until u get a cave mine!
    Excellent idea!!!!
    +++++++111111111
  • why not =)
  • Yaaasssss Glacier Mines! +9001
  • YAS!! CANYONS!!!
  • Cool!
  • Yeees
  • CrepusCrepus Member
    Yasssss +1
  • Bumping.
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    I think I'd prefer the portals in the current mines that provide access to the 'deeper' worlds like the cavern portal in the Mountain mines rather than the 50/50 as it is for the forest/deep forest mines. That way there is no confusion on the overworld maps, and it becomes a bit of a hunt to find the new areas too. Maybe have a 75% change of a deeper mine spawning in the main mine, so it's more common than the current caverns in the mountain mines.

I'd love to see an underwater world for the Tropical mines too. The current deep forest mine already feels a bit swampy to me....but more mines are better than less! I like the other mines listed as I had similar thoughts that each main mine should have a 'deeper' mine attached to it.
  • b3achy said:

I think I'd prefer the portals in the current mines that provide access to the 'deeper' worlds like the cavern portal in the Mountain mines rather than the 50/50 as it is for the forest/deep forest mines. That way there is no confusion on the overworld maps, and it becomes a bit of a hunt to find the new areas too. Maybe have a 75% change of a deeper mine spawning in the main mine, so it's more common than the current caverns in the mountain mines.

I'd love to see an underwater world for the Tropical mines too. The current deep forest mine already feels a bit swampy to me....but more mines are better than less! I like the other mines listed as I had similar thoughts that each main mine should have a 'deeper' mine attached to it.

If it’s easy to spot one of these deeper mines, unlike how it is with cavern mines at the moment, and if the rarity is lowered so that there’s a much higher chance of having em spawn in the mines, then yes, otherwise, nah
  • b3achy said:

I strongly agree with your system
  • Bumping.
  • Alvin!Alvin! Member
    +1!!!!
  • At this point, there has been too many mine suggestions... where would all these mines fit? Do they go in the overworld or a door in different mines? Cave mines only work in mountain mines because you cant see mines because they are under the surface. Canyon mines shouldnt be a seperate mine. They should just be an uncommon canyon in the middle of a large mesa field. And glacier mines should be a rare mountain in an arctic mine that has a wall or something made of ice to fall down, then at the bottom its just the normal arctic mine.
  • +1 i seriously think adding these kinds of feature. Rather than adding hats/seasonal stuffs, is more nicer for the economy. We recently recieved the Deep forest mines, which is a very awesome feature. If a forest mine can be split to 2. By the examples of how the deepforest and forest are connected. It might be also a very nice feature to have every mine have the same functions. And that way. More materials are going to be harvested and more ideas to be added in-game. Love this suggestion :)
  • valyreena said:

+1 i seriously think adding these kinds of feature. Rather than adding hats/seasonal stuffs, is more nicer for the economy. We recently recieved the Deep forest mines, which is a very awesome feature. If a forest mine can be split to 2. By the examples of how the deepforest and forest are connected. It might be also a very nice feature to have every mine have the same functions. And that way. More materials are going to be harvested and more ideas to be added in-game. Love this suggestion :)

Agreed. We have too many vanity items.

At this point, there has been too many mine suggestions... where would all these mines fit? Do they go in the overworld or a door in different mines? Cave mines only work in mountain mines because you cant see mines because they are under the surface. Canyon mines shouldnt be a seperate mine. They should just be an uncommon canyon in the middle of a large mesa field. And glacier mines should be a rare mountain in an arctic mine that has a wall or something made of ice to fall down, then at the bottom its just the normal arctic mine.

Cool! :o

• I have been thinking this exact thing since the new update. But I also agree with the others that they shouldn't be as easily accessible as the deep forest mine. In fact, I think the deep forest mine spawn behavior should be changed so that instead of appearing as a regular forest mine, there are portals in the mines. Like, if the forest mines had a small crevice the deep forest mine portals could spawn in. It would make materials rarer, but provide a bit of a buffer to the items and give them a better worth then a normal mine. As is, people are selling deep forest items like regular forest items because it isn't that hard to find them. On day one of the new update, I found three deep mines in under 10 minutes. If they add in new mines, they should absolutely be rarer then regular mines. I'd like to explore and try to find hidden glacier or swamp mines, rather then just randomly search arctic mines and tropical mines.