Is it illegal selling rare acc name?

If its not :/ Maybe i need mod midle man Tell me ples :v My rare acc name is Contest

Comments

• SeiichiSeiichi Anime WorldMember
    edited June 2017
    I Got This Comment in Other Discussion.
    Pandorite said:

Trading a account for anything and or selling a account for anything is not allowed.

A account can be given away or even shared see TOS wording.

Discussion Link:http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/12545/is-this-allowed#latest
  • IGOSIGOS Member
    Naegi Kun said:

Pandorite said:

Trading a account for anything and or selling a account for anything is not allowed.

Discussion Link:http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/12545/is-this-allowed#latest</blockquote
    OKE :( RIP ACC
  • IGOSIGOS Member
    RIP RARE NAME
  • IGOSIGOS Member
    oke
  • Naegi Kun said:

Pandorite said:

Discussion Link:http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/12545/is-this-allowed#latest
    Yes, accounts can be given away possibly, but not sold!

• elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    It is illegal to sell your account

What is so rare about it though?
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Its not illegal because we don't have laws enforced by a government body.

I think what you mean is that its against terms of use / rules.
    Which it very much is.
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    He isn't selling his account Elemental, he's on about his name. Like say I said you could buy my name 5kc.

He isn't selling his account Elemental, he's on about his name. Like say I said you could buy my name 5kc.

oooooooooooh okay xD

what is so special about the name though....
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I saw this discussion and had to comment on it...

About 6 months ago I bought the name "V" for 100,000c. I asked a moderator before I bought the name if it was alright and they said I should be fine. Since then I have told other moderators that I bought the name and I didn't get a warning or anything.. I'm not saying it is allowed just wanted to share my story. :P *Goes back into hibernation*
  • Yes, do not sell accounts. It's bad.
  • You could always do under the table smuggling and be like what I did not know even though I asked the question and GOT A FIRM NO. I mean if someone was to offer me 100k I break the rules a little like a politician. What is this hundred dollar bill under the table...ooppps I dropped my name for anyone to pick up >:D! I am an aspiring lobbyist.
  • Nerve said:

About 6 months ago I bought the name "V" for 100,000c. I asked a moderator before I bought the name if it was alright and they said I should be fine. Since then I have told other moderators that I bought the name and I didn't get a warning or anything.. I'm not saying it is allowed just wanted to share my story. :P *Goes back into hibernation*

Bought the name as in.
    Paid someone to change their account name then used a nametag?

Or Bought as in
    Bought the account.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Pandorite said:

Nerve said:

Bought the name as in.

Or Bought as in
    Bought the account.
    As in paid them to change their name..

*Goes back into hibernation again*
  • Nerve said:

Pandorite said:

Nerve said:

Bought the name as in.

Or Bought as in
    Bought the account.
    As in paid them to change their name..

*Goes back into hibernation again*
    Exactly. Not selling a account
    This thread isn't about selling accounts, it's about selling names.
  • This thread isn't about selling accounts, it's about selling names.

Which can be done in two ways. One is fine the other is not
  • IGOSIGOS Member
    So selling acc name isnt Illegal?
    Selling the account itself is not allowed, selling the name using nametags to change it is okay.
  • gdog said:

Its not illegal because we don't have laws enforced by a government body.

I think what you mean is that its against terms of use / rules.
    Which it very much is.

EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING! When I saw the post I thought exactly the same thing. Great minds think alike.

Anyway though, yeah it's again the terms of service but it's not like the you can get in legal trouble for it at all. Basically it's against the rules but not illegal so to speak.
  • I have sold a name before for 100,000c, but never an account. There is a difference. :P
  • Naegi Kun said:

Pandorite said:

Name, name, not an account. It might actually be impossible though.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited June 2017
    Its just highly risky. There could be a third party you don't know about who can steal the name at the last second before you change. So I'm not 100% on the devs views on the subject buit it defo comes with risks.
  • edited June 2017
    Gdog could sell his name for millions lol. A solution for never ever having to run out of C again >:D!

Gdog could sell his name for millions lol. A solution for never ever having to run out of C again >:D!

yeah, but think about the people going to misuse the name? then if people scam use g's name people that doesnt know about the name switch will get angry on the mod, not on the person using it