Using alts for being on the featured in lobby.

damndamn Member
edited January 2017 in General Chat
Hi, so I found these users @Misticall, and @LazyLupine using about 30 alts to get their shop featured. I noticed another time they had some alts also. (zoom in on the first picture to see the Qbees bunched up) (not sure where to post this, move if needed)
Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 7.46.21 PM
Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 7.46.50 PM
Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 7.49.03 PM
image1

Comments

• damndamn Member
    edited January 2017
    lucaaa795 said:

Besides the deja vu i just had,i dont see any anything wrong here
    Its not an event with prize or anything else so i think its fine imo

Just posting it to make developers and others aware :) Thanks for commenting.

• To anyone reading this..
    If our prank or joke bothered you.. I'm very sorry xC We were bored and as you know when you do put alts in a realm there will be a time when they all go 'SYSTEM: ____ just left' x20 XD

So to get our realm featured and see people's reaction to that 20x long line of alts leaving we used alts XD

So if we bothered you in any way- i'm very sorry >.<

If you're reading this I probably can't reply. Going to sleep soon
  • Reaper BearReaper Bear USAMember
    edited January 2017
    now tht i think bout it yeah not good to be doing this to get
    on featured
  • Misticall said:

To anyone reading this..
    If our prank or joke bothered you.. I'm very sorry xC We were bored and as you know when you do put alts in a realm there will be a time when they all go 'SYSTEM: ____ just left' x20 XD

So to get our realm featured and see people's reaction to that 20x long line of alts leaving we used alts XD

Your running a vend shop....
    You also do the same thing by taking up rentals in Pen's rentals (sometimes with alts) and advertising this shop.
  • Damn said:

Misticall said:

To anyone reading this..

You also do the same thing by taking up rentals in Pen's rentals (sometimes with alts) and advertising this shop.
    ? I don't use Pen's yard rentals as of the moment and I don't use the warp food dispenser thing.

And yes my realm is a shop but we can't use it for other things? e.e You're assuming here now. We said we were using alts to get featured but if we wanted to only sell stuff we could use a holla.. 'c'
  • damndamn Member
    edited January 2017
    Misticall said:

Damn said:

Misticall said:

To anyone reading this..

? I don't use Pen's yard rentals as of the moment and I don't use the warp food dispenser thing.

And yes my realm is a shop but we can't use it for other things? e.e You're assuming here now. We said we were using alts to get featured but if we wanted to only sell stuff we could use a holla.. 'c'
    Bro, your basically abusing alts, having 30 OF THEM in a realm to get your vend shop to take up a space on featured is really annoying to me.
    I've seen one of your friends waste spots in Pen's just to advertise this shop.
  • Yeah being on the featured realms list should be earned fairly

Misticall said:

Damn said:

Misticall said:

To anyone reading this..

Realms on the featured list should earn it FAIRLY, not by using 30 ALTS.
  • ThisIsNotSlimThisIsNotSlim Member, Game Moderator

Yeah being on the featured realms list should be earned fairly

+1
  • lazylupinelazylupine Member
    edited January 2017
    ((lets see how late I am to responding to this))

It's just a joke, but since you're trying to make us seem like we're in the wrong i'm adding on to the point of what mist said.

The first time Damn came, he just talked about how he was gonna report/ put us on the forums. (And don't even lie. you joked about buying them as "slaves" and I went along with it)

After a while He came back, and just sat there for a while

the alts have left due to mist getting off of his computer, which was literally our goal for filling the realm with alts anyways.

I had left the realm a bit forgetting I had a few alts, And all I saw was "Damn" telling mist to repeatedly ban him and that he doesn't like being in a cheater's realm (This was after I came back from afk, I went on one of the alt pages to tell mist something but he had logged off.)

this honestly bothered me as the alts were already gone before then and after mist left to go to bed, Damn came back and just stood there lol.

I commented on him coming back, and he still again complained about the alts (Which I was logging off of ANYWAYS due to there being no point since it's apparently against the rules now.)

tl;dr

// We didn't even know this was wrong/ against the rules in the first place lol. And 12/Damn has recently had an incident with us in the past so I'm gonna assume this is literally a backfire from the past.

I find it funny how people can do fake giveaways and no one bats an eye, but when we decide to play around with alts it's automatically wrong.

As said above we didn't even know this was against the rules lol, I would have more on it but I was trying to give this guy his items back since he kept forcefully giving them to me.

Ignore the grammar and or spelling issues, It's 12 am and Im literally stressed out about this.

edit: @Reaper Bear

oml i found that question cute for some reason xD

But on computer you are able to open multiple cc tabs.

edit 2: By the way when in the heck have we ever used the plots in pen's to advertise? We haven't rented or touched a plot in about 1-2 weeks now. And the shop was made just this week.

Please stop making silly assumptions lol

ANOTHERRRR edit: If it was our friends we knew nothing about it lmao. I don't see why we're the proble wth this "advertising" when A: Robing adverrtises his plot 24/7, it's not against pen's rules, and we didn't even know about the advertising. Please don't assume that we're involved with the pen plot advetising when we didn't even know it was happening until now.
  • ((lets see how late I am to responding to this))

It's just a joke, but since you're trying to make us seem like we're in the wrong i'm adding on to the point of what mist said.

The first time Damn came, he just talked about how he was gonna report/ put us on the forums. (And don't even lie. you joked about buying them as "slaves" and I went along with it)

the alts have left due to mist getting off of his computer, which was literally our goal for filling the realm with alts anyways.

I had left the realm a bit forgetting I had a few alts, And all I saw was "Damn" telling mist to repeatedly ban him and that he doesn't like being in a cheater's realm (This was after I came back from afk, I went on one of the alt pages to tell mist something but he had logged off.)

this honestly bothered me as the alts were already gone before then and after mist left to go to bed, Damn came back and just stood there lol.

I commented on him coming back, and he still again complained about the alts (Which I was logging off of ANYWAYS due to there being no point since it's apparently against the rules now.)

tl;dr

// We didn't even know this was wrong/ against the rules in the first place lol. And 12/Damn has recently had an incident with us in the past so I'm gonna assume this is literally a backfire from the past.

I find it funny how people can do fake giveaways and no one bats an eye, but when we decide to play around with alts it's automatically wrong.

As said above we didn't even know this was against the rules lol, I would have more on it but I was trying to give this guy his items back since he kept forcefully giving them to me.

Ignore the grammar and or spelling issues, It's 12 am and Im literally stressed out about this.

I only came back, cause I still saw 12 on the featured realm list.

I thought the alts were a ton of mannequins at first. (not even joking.)

I don't see whats wrong with telling someone to ban me. One less annoying person in the realm!

I was afking due to posting this on forums the whole time, and I was busy with other things. That's why I was 'standing there'.

I only visited 2 times
    1st being due to the 30 alts

I dont remember coming back a second time, unless I lagged out (which probably did happen)

But the legitimate second time was me thinking there was still 12 alts left and them ignoring everything I said.

• lazylupinelazylupine Member
    edited January 2017
    Damn said:

tl;dr

I don't see whats wrong with telling someone to ban me. One less annoying person in the realm!

I was afking due to posting this on forums the whole time, and I was busy with other things. That's why I was 'standing there'.

I only visited 2 times

I dont remember coming back a second time, unless I lagged out (which probably did happen)

But the legitimate second time was me thinking there was still 12 alts left and them ignoring everything I said.

There was a 3rd time but as said above you probably just lagged out.

The way you told him to ban you seemed as some weird act of (Im not gonna say harassment cause that may or may not be the correct word.)

Mist said he wasn't going to ban you as it'd be rude and pointless.

Also considering half of them are naked, I understand the mannequin statement.

And if you saw 12 (There were actual people + me and the people who followed you (Im assuming)

there were literally only 2-3 alts down there that I forgot I even had.

• edit: @Reaper Bear

oml i found that question cute for some reason xD

But on computer you are able to open multiple cc tabs.

ohh mk (I wouldnt know dat cuz im on phone 100% lol)
  • Damn said:

tl;dr

I only visited 2 times

The way you told him to ban you seemed as some weird act of (Im not gonna say harassment cause that may or may not be the correct word.)

And if you saw 12 (There were actual people + me and the people who followed you (Im assuming)

To be honest, I don't know why I said I wanted to be banned and I really dont know what that has to do with this topic.
  • Damn said:

Damn said:

tl;dr

I only visited 2 times

To be honest, I don't know why I said I wanted to be banned and I really dont know what that has to do with this topic.

I was just explaining my side, I didn't say it was 100% relevant to this subject.

• elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

Yeah being on the featured realms list should be earned fairly

im with thi too

buuuuut, on the other hand: it has been sayed nowhere that it is against the rules so it may just be done....

+1
    +1
  • To fix something like this from happening again, just make the "featured lobby" thing only be allowed by other IP addresses inside the realm being featured so this free advertising can be prevented in the future. :P
    (they said they weren't exploiting this for people to visit them for their shop/advertising part, but what about the next people who decide to do something like this for free advertising?)
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    It could easily be seen a breaking the rules.

"Don't use loopholes in the game to cheat the game in ways that will make it less fun for everyone. Anyone who is caught doing this sort of thing will be banned."

You're using an exploit to get on the featured realm list. Which means a legitimate player is bumped off of that list.
  • easy way to find if someone is using alts - whisper
  • SuperxtremeSuperxtreme The NetherlandsGame Moderator
    Cubic Castles Terms of Service

6.Restrictions. Your permission to use Cubic Castles is conditioned upon the following Use Restrictions and Conduct Restrictions: You agree that you will not under any circumstances:

20.engage in any behaviour that is contrary to the 'spirit of the game' as defined by Cosmic Cow in its sole discretion. This includes the use of multiple characters or accounts to undermine or spy on competing parties, or to otherwise manipulate the game environment.

http://cubiccastles.com/terms_of_service.php

Maybe admins have a better answer for this?

@SirKewberth @CosmicCow @mabz
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    I think it's pretty clear. It's against the rules to use alts this way. We've generally been pretty easy going on alt accounts but that may change in the future.
  • eagence said:

First of all don't exagrate things and make them harder for others please.
    There is no way you may know someone has 30 alts unless you count them or she/he told you that, they may also belong to others. Who knows maybe it was an afk party.

However if you are using more accounts then account limit, in same or diffrent devices to gain unfair advantage then as gdog states its a direct exploit to get unfair advantage, since all devices are restricted to an account number...
    So using 10-20 accounts is against rules/illegal...

gdog said:

It could easily be seen a breaking the rules.

"Don't use loopholes in the game to cheat the game in ways that will make it less fun for everyone. Anyone who is caught doing this sort of thing will be banned."

You're using an exploit to get on the featured realm list. Which means a legitimate player is bumped off of that list.

If you see someone like this, you may report or send PM to any admin to help them...
    (Not sure if ticket system works for those cases...), however telling this player, his/her actions against rules first maybe better first since not all know this exactly.

Someone asked me a question about this, this week. I hope it helps.
    #PlayFair
    Stop trying to mini mod. They even said, if you read Misticall's comments,
    'SYSTEM: ____ just left' x20 XD

It's illegal because alts are being abused and used to get on the featured block in the lobby.

+1
    +1
  • Liberated said:

To fix something like this from happening again, just make the "featured lobby" thing only be allowed by other IP addresses inside the realm being featured so this free advertising can be prevented in the future. :P
    (they said they weren't exploiting this for people to visit them for their shop/advertising part, but what about the next people who decide to do something like this for free advertising?)

THANK you for being one of the only people here who read my comment..
    Everyone else assumed we were advertising.

I'm also sorry to everyone else. I didn't know Alt accounts is illegal. O-o cause almost all my friends have alts that they use pretty often.
  • I didn't know it was against the rules as we have said above.

I am in fact sorry, it's a mistake. I understand that now

But you posted this on the forums as if we weren't removing the alts??

I know it's not best to throw more gasoline in the fire but this post is full of misunderstood assumptions?

P.s can this be closed now? There's enough people who weren't in the situation involved already as it is

• It's not gone off topic, and you aren't the OP

I didn't know it was against the rules as we have said above.

I am in fact sorry, it's a mistake. I understand that now

But you posted this on the forums as if we weren't removing the alts??

I know it's not best to throw more gasoline in the fire but this post is full of misunderstood assumptions?

P.s can this be closed now? There's enough people who weren't in the situation involved already as it is

• Close it.
  • I don't care if I'm not the OP. I feel this should be closed, people are literally going to keep the argument going when they're not even involved.

• damndamn Member
    edited January 2017
    I had no intentions to make this into a big drama thing, you and Misticall turned it into that. I was simply trying to shed light on what was going on here, and see if it was illegal or not.
    I'm still laughing about how you told me I wasn't gonna me a mod as a insult, I'm not trying to be lol

I don't care if I'm not the OP. I feel this should be closed, people are literally going to keep the argument going when they're not even involved.

This discussion has been closed.