A Major Decision

GlobbardGlobbard Member
edited December 2016 in Help Requests
My realm, The Isle of Mine (go visit, it is a wonderful place #NotSponsored #StopRamblinOn Okay, I'll continue) is my first ever realm where I got to show my creativity in a whole new way. From the grass-filled forest it was (Hardly imagine a forest without grass... or wood... or even flowers, I dont't know), I turned it into a place where I made all my dreams, COME TO LIFE. And I finally thought to myself, how much I've grown as a player.

Fast forward to today, and nothing much has changed...

I may have added my gingerbread house (a small 5x5 house) but the other stuff were left untouched...

My parkour was no longer tried upon, my swimming pool is looking dead, my airplanes are staying afloat waiting for someone to ride them, the sky lounges are empty.

The only thing modified is my small fountain and my Wishing Well...

There wasn't any space left inside so I had to buy more rooms. And since then, I had to work on that instead. I had installed multiple rooms, a shop, a washing machine room (don't ask why), a pvp room, and a parkour course. I felt like I transitioned from my realm to a system of realms.

All is well and good until December 29th.

I had this idea, I could alredy envision it. Heavily inspired by @gdog :)

What if I turn The Isle of Mine INTO the center of my other rooms. What I thought is making little houses for each room and build it alike what it corresponds to that (too slow? Example. I will build a lava castle for my The Floor is Lava Parkour Course).

However, there are two sides of this story that I felt needs some advice and that I needed to address.

+ I will be able to gain more XP.
+ I will unleash another level of creativity.
+ I will finally use my realm!

+ All that time and effort I used when I was a little qbee will be WASTED.
+ Too much Time.
+ Needs ALOT OF RESOURCES.
+ Had to Redo my Realm
+ Have to redo my Plaza and turn it into a Park

So?

Comments

• Bump
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    edited December 2016
    I don't vote yet... i first want to check out your realm before giving advice.
    so...
    ...more will follow later ;)

btw: bumping a topic can only be done after 48 hours of no activity on the topic at hand.
  • GlobbardGlobbard Member
    edited December 2016
    I will try to upload pics if the forums would let me ;-;

If you are interested to see it, The Isle of Mine is the name.
  • Bump
  • I mean that's the whole point of the game. Unleash your creativity, and it's all up to you honestly.
    You make YOUR realm how YOU want. I mean I don't think I have ever met you or seen it, but if you think changing it will make it better, go for it man! :D
    (almost none of my stuff has really changed, since I don't do a whole lot of building -- I'm just a miner, but I still enjoy my old creations back when I joined.) :P
  • I am about to rebuild my 55x55 realm tho xD
  • I personally don't think you should ever let time or resources limit you from creating your dreams and unleashing your creative potential.

I also don't think you should see it as "wasted time* because it wasn't a waste at all! You finally came in touch with your creative self and realized your limits and found your comfort zone. So I hardly call that a "waste of time"

If you are able to envision how grand your realm will be, and believe it may increase its besuty, than you should go through with your plan. It's your realm, and a person can only give so much advice, the final decision is yours. :)
  • I say work towards to buying a room, do your idea in that room having your realm door with a single enclosed path going into that new room then have a door in that new room that leads to where.you can explore the preexisting realm.
  • I say work towards to buying a room, do your idea in that room having your realm door with a single enclosed path going into that new room then have a door in that new room that leads to where.you can explore the preexisting realm.

I have an existing room connected to other rooms. I was leaning towards making my realm into that connection and just place my doors there, but also be creative, and use that existing room to make a park. A plaza is a park right?

If so, can somebody tell me the difference between such?