Achievement Outfits/Accessories

I mentioned this elsewhere, but I felt it deserved its own thread, just from how cool it sounds.

I kinda want "Special Community Outfits/Accessories" for specific individuals who complete incredible feats of achievement/strength. One example would be if I made a "Master Course", a ridiculously hardcore Parkour that rivals "ROM HACKS" (if you know what I mean, like the toughest Mario Maker has to offer), and those who beat the course win a "Platinum Medal". Similarly, I'd offer "Paladin Armor" for anyone who completes Paladin Proving Grounds! :D

Or have a special one-time Community Event, like "Battle of the Breakout" reenacted in Cubic Castles FOR REAL! Those who participate and survive win a "Medal of Valor".

The point is, these have to be WON AND EARNED, NOT BOUGHT!

And it'd be a good way of showing off achievements, too, since outfits and accessories can be worn or (like my Trophy Room) put on display. Special functionality optional/up for debate (like "Paladin Armor" giving a bonus Brawny tier). The closest thing we have to this is the Redwood Forest Hat, which can only be earned through the Quest Pack. Sure, you have to buy the pack, but that doesn't instantly get you the hat. You have to do the Quests, also.

On a tangent, for that matter...why not code in some Steam Achievements? :P

Comments

• +1 oh and, maybe make it unsellable(Like trying to put it in the reg but it will never be placed cuz.)
  • edited December 2016

+1 oh and, maybe make it unsellable(Like trying to put it in the reg but it will never be placed cuz.)

I was thinking the same thing, have some sort of "soulbound" system. And it can only be dropped/placed in Realms where you have build permits. It's something that somewhat already exists, with your Starter Realm deed in how the game tries to force you to keep that in your inventory.

I'd wager @CosmicCow would just need to tweak the code for that to apply to this case.
  • edited January 2017
    I would so make something awesome for getting through the tunnels when it's finished....

I would so make something awesome for getting through the tunnels when it's finished....

You and me both, especially knowing how unforgiving the Borderlands are meant to be. It makes Paladin Proving Grounds look like the Blue Course.

#PaladinLore
    And I've never been there "yet"

• edited January 2017

You and me both, especially knowing how unforgiving the Borderlands are meant to be. It makes Paladin Proving Grounds look like the Blue Course.

#PaladinLore