Private Mine/s

Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
edited August 2016 in Suggestions & Comments

How Would It Work:

This most asked question. Okay so, this is Dragon's idea. A door within a lobby. You'll enter it get a pop up 'Which Mine Would You Like To Enter?' Then you'd enter and have a 100x100 mine to yourself. This idea is amazing, it's simple.

What About Public Mines:

Remove them and add realm spots. I think more Realms spots in places like Eden is needed.

Group Mining:

It'll act like a normal Realm/Room. You can set to Me & My Friends, Only Me, and Anyone. This is so you can mine peace or let your friends mine with you.

Some Issues With Public Mines:

There are a couple issues. Some aren't caused inside mines themselves. People are making ALT/s which is making more Realms. People are buying Rooms to buy, which is putting more stress on the Server. The biggest issue is, of course, THEFT! people are being robbed in Mines and we can't exactly report them for this offense. If it even is an offense.

I know coding itself is a hard job but I think this should be something added soon. Mining is a huge part of the game and it's a huge issue. IMO.

I personally sent a message to Support about it. I think it's getting bad =/ It's sad...

This is of the Paragraph/s I got from Mabz:

I would encourage the community and you, to share constructive feedback on your gameplay experience in the forum with other players respectfully. This would also help us know what the players are thinking and make them a priority if it makes sense to us. If it is too personal or invasive, you can send us a support ticket here instead.

Just a side-note for Staff. I am not trying to spam the whole of forums , I just wanna show off how many people are willing to change their profiles etc. just for it. <3

Comments

• -AK--AK- Member
    edited August 2016
    HEAVILY ACCEPTING THIS
    We need it! and i dont think am the only one, WE all need it!
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited August 2016
    When I mine I have to switch mines 3+ times with in a hour because players take every item I mine and think it's a amazing idea to mine in the exact same place as me. Private mines would be a very simply solution and I fully support this. -Dragon

Edit: Players say, Just buy a room if you want a private mine, not only does it put stress on the server, everyone can't afford to just buy a room to mine.
  • As a member of Perfct's mining team, we really need this. Today we started our first mining session as a team and it went well, until a player came along and decide to take our cubits and items we were mining.
    But you might say, "Just go back and get the items yourself instead!" We are trying to make the most out of our mining experience. We want to get as many miners as we can our mining team so we can collect more. It's not easy to keep going back and collecting things every time, it slows us down. Even Vacuumers on the mining team can't collect everyone's items all the time.

Ima make poster for Private Mines soon enough.
  • To be honest, I know very little about how servers work, but I'm just going to use logic here.

A certain number of months ago, CC made starter realms smaller and rooms/realms more expensive. Obviously, they were trying to cut back on, rooms and realms for some reason that likely had to do with memory and storage (but that's besides the point).

If CC implemented your idea, it would mean that new rooms would have to be created. This would force them to allocate more memory on their server which isn't favorable. Even if memory isn't the issue my argument still holds true... For whatever reason they tried to minimize the number of rooms, they would want to also keep the number of mines minimal. Even if you do destroy/delete the mine after, there will still be around 30-50 people mining at all times meaning the number of rooms will constantly be increased... especially as the number of QBees grows.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a personal mine and the advantages are massive. But at what cost?
    Archevix said:

To be honest, I know very little about how servers work, but I'm just going to use logic here.

A certain number of months ago, CC made starter realms smaller and rooms/realms more expensive. Obviously, they were trying to cut back on, rooms and realms for some reason that likely had to do with memory and storage (but that's besides the point).

If CC implemented your idea, it would mean that new rooms would have to be created. This would force them to allocate more memory on their server which isn't favorable. Even if memory isn't the issue my argument still holds true... For whatever reason they tried to minimize the number of rooms, they would want to also keep the number of mines minimal. Even if you do destroy/delete the mine after, there will still be around 30-50 people mining at all times meaning the number of rooms will constantly be increased... especially as the number of QBees grows.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a personal mine and the advantages are massive. But at what cost?

Adding private mines would also remove public mines which would even it out.
  • HorusHorus EnglandMember, Forum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    edited August 2016
    The idea itself was suggested a while ago, however there's a lot of issues that would come with it... but this is my personal opinion.

First off, mines are a huge community aspect of the game. This is an MMO and limiting player interaction would be a step in the wrong direction. I agree that mines could be improved due to thefts, but I'd never want them removed.

Secondly, all public mines are quested. Their removal would require the quests to be re-made, and the server along with all accounts (new and current) adjusted to the change. Getting new content out would provide more fun and benefits than a remake of what's already done and funcional. Also as mentioned above, I'm sure it would put more strain on the server with so many rooms being regenerated.

And lastly, please do not spam the activity wall with hashtags about the idea. Everyone has their suggestions and wants to be heard. This is what the suggestion section is for, everyone has a say :)
    edited August 2016
    Another idea is that blocks you mine in public mines automatically appear on your invo.
  • Tomk2005Tomk2005 Member
    edited August 2016
    public mines: BEST IDEA

Sometimes i want to mine in a mine (thats obvious) and:
    A wild idiot guy appeared! Idiot guy uses: "hey drop your scarf"
    me: ignores
    guy: drop your scarf i will duplicate it
    me: k
    guy: DROP YOUR SCARF! NOW!!
    me: (i dont do this evrytime but sometimes i say) NOT MY PWECIOUWS
    guy: I WILL TAKE ALL ITEM YOU MINE
    me:

jk i dont do this (i leave the mine)
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited August 2016
    we have private mines already.
    They are called rooms.
    Wanna mine alone then you have to pay for it.
    Someone steals a precious block of sand, then go to another mine.
    Or you could pick up the blocks as you mine stuff.

• Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    Horus said:

all public mines are quested. Their removal would require the quests to be re-made, and the server along with all accounts (new and current) adjusted to the change. Getting new content out would provide more fun and benefits than a remake of what's already done and funcional. Also as mentioned above, I'm sure it would put more strain on the server with so many rooms being regenerated.

Yeah, that sounds like a lot of unnecessary work '-' Couldn't we have Public and Private? Wouldn't have to change the quest then.

Stress from Private Mines is true but it's basically the same if people are buying rooms to mine in and leaving them and buying me. IMO, I think having 1 regenerating room is better than have 20 empty rooms. Also, maybe make the Private Mines cost 5OOOc or 1OOOOc there's not like 100 per IP.
    gdog said:

They are called rooms.

Buying rooms is silly imo. Why would you pay 4OOO odd c for something we should be allowed to do for free. =(

• edited August 2016
    I WILL DO A GIVEAWAY OF FEATHER HATS AND ENJOY DOING IT IF THIS HAPPENS. Well, of course I would enjoy it. Also, we should be able to have a 100x100 room of every single mine for ourselves.
    edited August 2016

Horus said:

all public mines are quested. Their removal would require the quests to be re-made, and the server along with all accounts (new and current) adjusted to the change. Getting new content out would provide more fun and benefits than a remake of what's already done and funcional. Also as mentioned above, I'm sure it would put more strain on the server with so many rooms being regenerated.

Yeah, that sounds like a lot of unnecessary work '-' Couldn't we have Public and Private? Wouldn't have to change the quest then.

Stress from Private Mines is true but it's basically the same if people are buying rooms to mine in and leaving them and buying me. IMO, I think having 1 regenerating room is better than have 20 empty rooms. Also, maybe make the Private Mines cost 5OOOc or 1OOOOc there's not like 100 per IP.
    gdog said:

They are called rooms.

Buying rooms is silly imo. Why would you pay 4OOO odd c for something we should be allowed to do for free. =(

you are allowed to do it for free,
    You just have to pick up the blocks as you mine. It aint rocket science.
    Creating a whole new mining system just because someone take a few blocks now and again is stupid imo.
    I hate stuff that takes away player interaction.

Lets all just mine on our own in private mines. Its an MMO.
    one of those Ms stands for multiplayer.

I WILL DO A GIVEAWAY OF FEATHER HATS AND ENJOY DOING IT IF THIS HAPPENS. Well, of course I would enjoy it. Also, we should be able to have a 100x100 room of every single mine for ourselves.

You can have those rooms.
    They are on the cubit store :)

• gdog said:

Horus said:

gdog said:

They are called rooms.

Creating a whole new mining system just because someone take a few blocks now and again is stupid imo.

Well, generally, we should have it for free. Because, um.... convenient.
  • gdog said:

Horus said:

gdog said:

They are called rooms.

Not for the server. Again, idk much about how servers work, but if this leads to more disconnects, something will happen. *glares*

gdog said:

Horus said:

gdog said:

They are called rooms.

Sound likes you meant to say "Because, um...Entitled*."
  • CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator
    Private mines have been suggested in the past already... If it was needed it would be added long time ago. Removing mines and replacing them with realms is a bit overboard, imo. As gdog and Horus said, it's a MMO in which you're interracting with others and have to actually go outside of your realm. If you want "private" mines, buy yourself a room.

I am aware that theft in mines is an issue, but that doesn't mean that there has to be some change like this. If you want to mine on your own, there's rooms available for that. Don't get me wrong, but starting riots over something as silly as this, isn't a way to suggest things. If everyone started riots over things they want, we all would be doomed.
    edited August 2016
    Okay say we forgot about Private Mines. But I'm pretty sure something like you can only pick up what you've mined is something that won't really stop interactions.
  • CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator
    That's something I mentioned in a private discussion recently. I personally see blocks tied to their miner is the only solution here, because private mines is really a thing that has to be not acceptable since it's a MMO. No matter how nice a private mine can sound, it's purely a terrible idea, especially when you already have it in a form of a room. Mines aren't the issue here, people who steal are.
    Yeah, people are. I hope they add it so you can only pick what you mine. It'll be amazing :) Or as Dragon said, when you mine it, it automatically goes into your inventory - I think that'll also fix the blocks vanishing issue.
  • Yeah, people are. I hope they add it so you can only pick what you mine. It'll be amazing :) Or as Dragon said, when you mine it, it automatically goes into your inventory - I think that'll also fix the blocks vanishing issue.

I prefer blocks being tied to the miner better than them going directly into your inv. (Possible perk?)

But the directly in inv. is a much simpler solution.
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    There was reasons as to why i didn't repost my Private mine idea to this forum. Mostly stated above.
  • KokopelliKokopelli WV, USAMember
    No, this isn't a good idea in my opinion. Public mines are where players come and interact, of cousrse that can mean many outcomes such as bullying, scamming, ect. But it also allows a time when players can meet each other, share ideas and socialize, theyre nesting area for say of the community. Sure that may not tickle your fancy you may just be their to mine and want to be alone. An that's fine, but removing such a major feature of the game is not the answer. And just because you have a good handful of people backing up your idea doesn't mean it's the voice of a multi thousand member community.
    edited August 2016
    kokopelli said:

And just because you have a good handful of people backing up your idea doesn't mean it's the voice of a multi-thousand member community.

lol no one said that, but if you think we did then ok.
  • gdog said:

Horus said:

gdog said:

They are called rooms.

AGREE WITH GDOG why creating new system ?, you can just pick up the blocks '-'
  • Maybe the room buying menu can have an option of regenerating automatically? This can either have an extra charge or not perhaps
  • RawskinRawskin Member
    edited August 2016
    what if we have special lets say 'mining' rooms to buy from the store they are just the same as normal rooms BUT they are cheaper and they vanish completely after 36 hours of placement for example idk but thjat is just my idea xD
    and removing the public mines is just idiotic imo how will the new people earn their c without public mines?
  • ThisIsNotSlimThisIsNotSlim Member, Game Moderator
    edited August 2016
    Why don't you just clear out your friends list until you have people that respect you enough to not take your items while you mine and have your friends do the same?

That the real issue.. Just because there are annoying, rude or disrespectful players, doesn't mean that you should change the game..

Like Gdog said, if you want a "private mine" then buy a room..

And if you don't want to pay for then suck it up and take the good with the bad, where the bad is people.. BEWARE! PEOPLE ARE EVERYWHERE!

:)

@Mr. Penguin #EvilBird #FriedPenguin #Noot Noot
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    edited August 2016
    For the griefer issue, I personally, i think the concentration should be moved from Game content, to game mechanics instead.
    I Like the good old suggestion "I Pull or blow it up, it's mine to pick up". Game mechanics. Would heavily decrease "mine griefers".

As for server load, an old suggestion again.
    The "repack doors/rooms/realms" idea, or the "recycle doors/rooms/realms" idea.
    Those ones hit two birds at once so to speak.

Moderator note:
    Please refrain from Spamming the activity board with hashtags and comments to topics. Those topics are there to voice such opinions, thoughts and conversations on subject. Continuation will be considered as spam and warned accordingly. Thank you.
  • The rebellion alive for but a few days a young flame with the dreams of becoming a blaze doused in nothing more than but a few short hours lol. R.I.P the Private Mine Rebellion, may your spirit live on in tales carried on those who lay witness your quiet passing.

In the light of being serious this motion within the community is bringing attention to a growing problem. Nothing that I may add as this topic has ran it's course. Important to reiterate is that there are two solutions that would have a very wide beneficial impact.

1. Make materials mined by an individual only pickable up by said petson that mined it.

2. Put a feature in that would make it possible to turn off the ability for others to teleport. It would be nice beyond mining purposes to make it where we can have a moment to ourselves without being tped.
  • Another idea is to make the player cap in a mine lower (to around 5).
This discussion has been closed.