Hey guys.... Something sad happened.

A lot of you guys may know @madetolove. She won the umbrella. Something happened to it eventually.... It was stolen. What happened was that since she won she decided to give ALL her good friends perms. The umbrella was open to them. They could take it anytime. So one of her friends took it and unfriended her. THOSE THINGS ARE LIKE 700K SOMEONE HELP HER (Sorry for the caps.) I don't know who did it. @madetolove did nothing wrong. I hope whoever took it gives it back or something >:( BYE

Comments

• elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Well she was not really wrong but still a bit, it was her own fault to trust them and let the most valuable item in the game lay there, whoever it is, such things make people greedy (i myself dont care about it laying there, i want to get my c on an honest way)
  • GenexGenex Member
    Elemental God Is Right Elfie. She Was Never Supposed To Give Perms To Her Friends. It Was Her Fault :/. Noone Can Help Her.
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    That is very unfortunate for @madetolove. Losing an umbrella after only having it for two months. I hope who ever took the umbrella realizes what she or he did was wrong and return the umbrella.

But this is also a lesson everyone out there. If you are prepared to lose something, valuable or not, do not in ny other situation trust someone who you trust or don't.
  • In her defense she NEVER knew the umbrella was in there and a friend just too kit
  • BeIfastBeIfast ChileMember
    It was her fault i think. If she give perm she accept the probably things can pass.
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    edited June 2016
    It's partly her fault, but we make mistakes. You could messages Support they'll say exactly who took it, and maybe will help because it is a $100+ item.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    Honestly I think we should stop blaming @madetolove.
    Yes, she gave perms, but she also trusted them.
    The blame for this should fall solely on the person who stole the umbrella.
    Although most scams are very straight forward, and easy to avoid, the victim-blaming needs to stop. It is not her fault for trusting people. It is the scammer's fault for betraying her trust.
  • lunariscilunarisci 'MuricaMember
    Never trust people you only know over the internet; sorry, but it's just the reality of things.
    lunarisci said:

Never trust people you only know over the internet; sorry, but it's just the reality of things.

Exactly , don't trust in no one
  • #Elfie#Elfie Member
    edited June 2016
    Well, I don't think It is her fault :/ She really didn't know, plus those were her GOOD friends. They were like people who don't scam nor' steal. But the umbrella was really rare, I am not sure if she knew...Like Ashi said, it is the scammer's fault for betraying her trust.

Although most scams are very straight forward, and easy to avoid, the victim-blaming needs to stop. It is not her fault for trusting people. It is the scammer's fault for betraying her trust.

But is her fault for give perm to people
  • #Elfie#Elfie Member
    .-. UH
  • TheTimManTheTimMan In Athena Shy's armsMember
    Cubic Castles does warn many times that we should never give perms to anyone & that our stuff is our responsibility alone. It is sad when a player has to learn this the hard way. The age of the average player is down and with this so is the understanding that the world is bigger than they imagined. The world is a scary place and just reading of this is not how they learn best. They need to find out on their own. They need to fall and learn how to get up as we will not always be there to pick them up.
  • OrenjiOrenji Member
    Sad..
    GUYS HELP HER T^T
    i hope she gets it back
  • This is unfortunate! It's sad seeing people being trusted but decided to take advantage of it. But here's a reminder, always trust only players you know for a very very very long time and have a very good relationship and know them well. You can also give staff members permission, if you'd like-they may not be 100% trustable, but I'm sure they are ^^. Or, trust real life good friends :). People who have perms in my realm: Gdog, Storm Andy :D
    Once again, this is just a horrible thing.. :c
  • #Elfie#Elfie Member
    Well, she did know them for a very, very long time.
  • DemonismDemonism SingaporeMember
    One of my friends accidentally gave me her umbrella in a place i did not have perm.
    She didn't notice the "would you like to give" question and gave me.
    Before i even realised it was with me, she also did not know it was with me and said i was hacking...
    So since i was kinda mad, I decidedto keep it for a few days to make her mad.
    Then I returned it...

In the law, if you give someone something, he/she does not have to return it.

Btw she kinda went to 3 mods but all of them said that I don't have to return but I should.
  • #Elfie#Elfie Member
    Well yeah, you should return it. Stealing it is not the right thing. Borrowing it and giving it back is kinda okay. But stealing and giving to friends, passing it down? Nope. Not okay, you should return it. Right thing to do.
  •  Thanh_ Thanh_ Somewhere near 16°28'30.0"N 107°36'07.2"E at the South East AsiaMember
    I think this is the biggest scam in cubic castles history
  • she's just asking help and here we are complaining about madetolove
  • Sir. PixelSir. Pixel EnglandMember
    People who are saying you can trust very long freinds, I have had occurances in my Cubic Castles history to make me disagree to that statement, Also People are saying that Madetolove did not know the umbrella was in her realm, Did no one notify it that it was in her realm, Idk if this is true or not. For the the part that it was scammed, It's believeable, I used to think i could trust my best freinds untill i got scammed of 200k+ by my best and longest freind, Anyways. Mods can't really help in a situation where you have trusted others with perm in your realm. the only thing that Madetolove can do now is send a support ticket and hope she has her umbrella returned.
  • Well... It was kinda her own fault to trust them, even if they are her good friends, she shouldn't trust them, it was her own fault and the scammer's fault to betray her trust like what Ashi said, we cannot help her out that much either, she should just put a personal sentry on the block she used to cover it. Mods specifically said that they do not return items. I'm very sorry for madetolove's loss, I hope she gets it back soon c:
  • edited July 2016
    #Elfie said:

A lot of you guys may know @madetolove. She won the umbrella. Something happened to it eventually.... It was stolen. What happened was that since she won she decided to give ALL her good friends perms. The umbrella was open to them. They could take it anytime. So one of her friends took it and unfriended her. THOSE THINGS ARE LIKE 700K SOMEONE HELP HER (Sorry for the caps.) I don't know who did it. @madetolove did nothing wrong. I hope whoever took it gives it back or something >:( BYE

It's entirely her fault. People are told b multiple sources on this game not to give perms to random people.

She made the decision to leave it in a (might as well have been) public realm. It's a 50/50 then. But imo trust is not to be given over the internet. Would you trust your "good internet friend" with your house keys?
  • *>Jess<**>Jess<* Member
    edited July 2016

#Elfie said:

It's entirely her fault. People are told b multiple sources on this game not to give perms to random people.
    Well, you can't say it's entirely her fault, that just seems wrong, you can't blame her for being happy winning the raffle and getting the Umbrella, madetolove and the scammer both are wrong.