New update: Whispers

As you can see, we added whispers. But please keep in mind they're still experimental and subject to change! For example, we may restrict whispering only to friends. In the meantime, we're going to watch and see how they're used.

Comments

• Awesome new feature! :D
  • smuressmures Member
    +1
    @ Angela was saying that we could play games like Mafia now >:D
    It's really useful for events if you ask me :P
    And it works in muted realms right?
  • hype!

also maybe make it whisper friends and you can whisper them even if you are in a different realm?
  • iKONICiKONIC Member
    Really good update! Especially when your having a clan event/giveaway and you dont have to broadcast the pass, you could just whisper them to your clanmates!
  • PEgamingPEgaming Member
    edited May 2016
    Wait, you added pms?
  • iKONICiKONIC Member
    PEgaming said:

Wait, you added pms?

Yup! They added it, if you wanna know how, type this in the ingame chat "Whisper (Whatever sentence or phrase you want to type)" then there wil be a chart of player in the realm/room, then tap/click the player name you wanna whisper.
  • PEgaming said:

Wait, you added pms?

Yes, but only when you're in the same realm. All you have to do is start your sentence with WHISPER. You get a popup asking who to send it to.
  • 10/10 best idea ever althou i think admins should at least be required ti monitor whispers in case scammers decide to use it to their own advantage by having them be monitored scammers can be caught and punished for attempting to partner up and scam others for example a scammer might use whisper to share an idea woth another scammer but will get caught cause they will be monitored by the admins every time causing the whisper to be no problem at all
  • Pickles that is just simply not possible and this will not have a overall impact on scamming. I say this for several reasons. The first is the team at CC is as you know small and monitoring conversations of every player who whispers would need a team of ten or more people. Secondly if whispering was monitored what would stop said scammers from A. Just going to a private room to talk with open chat which is not monitored or B. Use a form of communication like skype or Steam that Cosmic has no power to monitor. The truth is resources need to be alloted to educating the masses and making them more aware as a whole. The only way to really stop scammers is to teach people not to allow their selves to be scammed. Using common sense is key. For example, someone camping out on the raffle box in the town center, go to the other one. Or wait until said people are not present.
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    I think adding the limitation to Friend Only is an amazing idea, but has it flaws. I use Whisper in my Holla's to speak directly to buyers/sellers.

Couldn't we have an option so we can enable it to 'Only friends can Whisper you' 'Anyone can Whisper you'
  • StevilStevil Member

I think adding the limitation to Friend Only is an amazing idea, but has it flaws. I use Whisper in my Holla's to speak directly to buyers/sellers.

Couldn't we have an option so we can enable it to 'Only friends can Whisper you' 'Anyone can Whisper you'

Thats a good idea!
  • CosmicCow said:

PEgaming said:

Wait, you added pms?

Yes, but only when you're in the same realm. All you have to do is start your sentence with WHISPER. You get a popup asking who to send it to.
    Unfortunately I have some constructive criticism for you. Why would you make it so you can only whisper to someone in the same realm? That's really useless, unless there's a storm of spammers and the person your trying to talk to cannot see the chat, this is useless. Also why make a popup saying who to send it to? why can't you type
    "Whisper [Player name] [Message]" ? Then if you didn't put in the player name then the current message box would appear. And if you spelled the name wrong or something a different box would popup saying "Did you mean" with a list of players with a similar "typo name". And if you misspelled it and there's no players like that name it would say "Could not find player"

Or something like that anyways... SO there's two things I want.

1. Messaging ANYONE in ANY world at ANY time.

2. Whisper [Player name] [Message] (Explained above)

Don't get me wrong, this is an awesome update... Just needs major improvement.
    The update is perfect the way it is. It doesn't need the things you suggested, they could be added, but they're not "Major"
  • If whispering across realms becomes possible please for the love of almighty cube implement the ability to turn it off. If I am in a locked room building I don't want my friends to have the ability to harass me, GREY UNLOCK GREY UNLOCK....I am thinking I am building do you need to be slapped >:O

If whispering across realms becomes possible please for the love of almighty cube implement the ability to turn it off. If I am in a locked room building I don't want my friends to have the ability to harass me, GREY UNLOCK GREY UNLOCK....I am thinking I am building do you need to be slapped >:O

Now that's something I'd do xD! I know it annoys you aka why I don't do it with Holla's <3
  • I would have to personally travel to the South Pole and invade your igloo like an angry polar bear to murder you :D! I love all my friends they enrich my life greatly....I just like some peace occasionally with a firm door shut between them and me lol.