Update the Bad Words List

CubicPencilCubicPencil Member
edited March 8 in Suggestions & Comments
A simple 15 minute revision to the Bad Words list would help the game out a lot. The current list only blocks full swears/slurs but nobody ever spells them correctly anyways. It's easy to disrupt anyone's fun by spamming swears in a realm and nobody can do anything about it.

The toxicity of this game would go down a lot if the common abbreviations were blocked. Examples would be to add every swear without vowels, anywhere an i can be replaced with an L or vice versa, and whatever misspellings are commonly reported to support. If people find new ways to swear, add it to the list for the next update. Since any player can update their own list, I assume it's not much harder for the file to be updated for everyone.
@SirKewberth

Comments

• CubicCubic Member
    I mean people are always going to find ways to bypass it but I think this could be helpful, so +1
    Also there are some slurs which are not blocked at all which should probably be added.
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    +100
  • Kn1ght4nd3r50nKn1ght4nd3r50n Member, Game Moderator
    +1
  • +1. The ammount of people that have raided my livestreams in-game just to call me the n-word is unacceptable lol
  • +1
  • Hong103Hong103 Member
    +1
  • KrazyKubesKrazyKubes Member
    edited March 9
    +1, the bad words list really does need a revamp !! i remember back in the day you could literally go into the files and edit the bad word list yourself (to censor specific words, uncensor other words, it's literally a .txt doc) so there really isn't a reason it can't be updated.

(also, if we're going to update it- could we PLEASE bring back the old funny noises that played when you said a bad word? the flashing can go- but i remember the swearing thing / saying "bleep" being way funnier than it had any right being LOL)
  • tenebris'tenebris' Member
    edited March 9
    +1 but they'll never be able to remove the real meaning behind EVERY single version of one singular word because players can just put any amount of periods in between one of the letters. An alternative method is counting periods, apostrophes, etc. as nothing or a space, so that if you put a period in between the letters, the game does not take the period into account, and thinks you only said the slur.
  • I hate going around just minding my business then in chat there is cursing, very annoying when doing a YouTube video.
    +1
  • +1
  • +1 would be neat.