Reverse Vending machines

It is similar to vending machines, but instead of selling items, you can buy them without having to actually be there.
How it would work:
You put an item in the machine, then set a price to how much you want to buy it. People can approach the machine and drop items into it like selling crops to the NPC in the farmer's Co-op.
The owner of the machine can put an amount of c into the machine, which will be given to whoever sells an item to it.
For stackable items, an option for a quantity will be available.
For example: If someone wanted to buy Stone, they could set the quantity of the machine to 100, and then the price to 25 cubits. Then they would add cubits to the machine. if the owner put 100 cubits into the machine, people can sell up to 400 stone to it.
If someone wanted to buy 1 wearable, a press hat for example, they would put a press hat into the machine, set the quantity to 1, the price to 4000c and put 4000c into the machine. Then people can approach the machine, put a press hat into it, and receive the 4000 cubits.
If people want to buy something that they don't already have, and that can't put it into the machine, there could be an option to search for an item, similar to searching for a realm.

I'm not 100% sure if this would be practical but I've wanted something like this in the game for a long time.

Comments

• The developers were working on these and they were actually in beta a while ago. Not sure if they have given up on them or are still trying to fix some bugs though
  • Cubic said:

The developers were working on these and they were actually in beta a while ago. Not sure if they have given up on them or are still trying to fix some bugs though

Thanks for this
  • Your idea was so good they decided to add support for it to the game a year ago 👍😄
  • I talked to SirKewberth in-game at the advent of the Halloween 2023 update, and he said that the actual update was finished, they are just doing a.... extensive amount of bug searching to find any possible c hacks. But still, that means over FOUR months have passed since the time we've known that its been finished, not including any time prior to me asking that it was probably done for. So long as we don't know of any other update that's being worked on, that's just an insane amount of time to be bug checking.
    Reverse Vends released at Easter Update @SirKewberth?
  • you: drops an item into a reverse vending machine: 2 seconds later, owner steals the item and doesn't buy it
  • Yes, this would be a good idea as a way of refunding when you are not online. you could sell items in a vend then if the players want to return the item they go up to what I am calling the *Re-vend* and get their cubics back but no longer have the item. But there could be a lot of cubic bugs with this and I see why they have not released it yet into the game.
    +1!
  • 'Blocky' said:

you: drops an item into a reverse vending machine: 2 seconds later, owner steals the item and doesn't buy it

The owner isn't any part of it, it's automated, like a normal vend.