Moderated trading room

How can a qbee contact a mod to do a trade if they can not do a holla? I tried helping someone the other day but had no idea how to find a mod outside of discord, looking at unity rentals and doing a holla. I felt bad I couldn't help. Is there some way a qbee can contact a mod without a holla or discord to do the trade?

Comments

• mommyymommyy Member
    edited August 2023
    I understand that adding a contact method via mail or like the method of approval for custom blocks could cause a lot of "spam" disruptions for mods. I just think it would be beneficial for a qbee to be able to contact a mod without having c. Maybe a temporary ban for anyone who abuses the system.? Yes, I still see problems for mods with this.... Just trying to find a middle ground..

Here's a thought, what if like how a custom design is submitted for approval, a trade could be submitted for approval?
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited August 2023
    The Community Discord server is the best way to reach most of us. Hollas are usually a waste of cubits because there is a big possibility that none are online or are unavailable. We do not use email for cc.

Keep in mind that mods are not on call and don't have required availability hours or days. That's why Discord is the best way to attempt to reach one. You can open a ticket that will be visible to all of them when they are available.
  • mommyy said:

I understand that adding a contact method via mail or like the method of approval for custom blocks could cause a lot of "spam" disruptions for mods. I just think it would be beneficial for a qbee to be able to contact a mod without having c. Maybe a temporary ban for anyone who abuses the system.?

Here's a thought, what if like how a custom design is submitted for approval, a trade could be submitted for approval?

This could be another discussion in and of itself. I think that something along the lines of a button in the "report" menu that says Request a Mod or something like that, would be a good idea. There are a lot of ways to keep it from being abused and it shouldn't bother the mods or anything, but a way for players to show that they could use some help would be great.

• WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

mommyy said:

I understand that adding a contact method via mail or like the method of approval for custom blocks could cause a lot of "spam" disruptions for mods. I just think it would be beneficial for a qbee to be able to contact a mod without having c. Maybe a temporary ban for anyone who abuses the system.?

This could be another discussion in and of itself. I think that something along the lines of a button in the "report" menu that says Request a Mod or something like that, would be a good idea. There are a lot of ways to keep it from being abused and it shouldn't bother the mods or anything, but a way for players to show that they could use some help would be great.

That would require mods to be available 24/7 because when people hit the call a mod button they would expect a mod to show up and when they didn't, it would be huge drama for the mods. I don't see how something like that could work in CC.