Overall Game Change

Came up a lot in hollas and I've been asking for this for a while, so imma suggest it again ig.
Disclaimer: This is my suggestion and my view of the game! Yours may be different but please don't argue or riot in the comments! I have no political or wealth motivations in writing this. I am writing this simply on my opinions that I believe will help the game.

My Current View of the Game
This game, to me, is more or less of a plain trading simulator. You do stuff to earn money. However, money right now is a big issue, since that is all that people care about. People, including me, are thirsty for money either just to have money and a status, to host more giveaways, or to buy their dream items. The community is now developed more or less on earning money, so people that have money have nothing to do. That, I believe, is why many people are quitting. They have a lot of money, they finish a collection (if they had one), and then they quit.

My overarching idea on the game before
I joined on October 2020, so I don't really have a big insight of the very older versions of the game. However, I believe that the game before was more focused on a community game. Mods and people right now are trying to host minigames, which may be fun, but people become salty and overall more toxic whenever they lose an event with a big prize. To the best of my knowledge, the game before was a game of more trust and more community. The old lobby was much smaller, so it was much nicer to see everybody grouped together. Even I am envious of the older lobby just by watching those old youtube videos. Similar to real life, having a larger house doesn't necessarily bring more happiness. I enjoy seeing more people in a smaller area than few people in a large area.

My Suggestion
Instead of continuing to split the community between the rich and the poor, we can dull the line by making the game more of a community game. This fall event and other events similar to this event may have torn some friendships. Those that didn't win considered the prize winners "no lifers" or having "no life" instead of congratulating them. Why? Because they knew that the tails would have a handsome price to sell at, and they didn't win it. To change a community, you need to change the people. We can't force anything, but we can try to help others change. For example, having a global goal as an event instead of an individual competition. Instead of players competing against each other, why not allow for the players to work together? Qbees could work together to reach a common goal to win a prize for everyone that participated. This would help dull the line, since one person grinding would help many others. Not as many people will consider the grinders as those that have "no life." Those that want to help the community in these events could grind a lot more than the others that just want the prize. Overall, I believe that people will be more thankful of the hardcore grinders instead of hating them.

Another thing we can do to improve the community, is to maybe spend a bit less effort on packs and money based events/items, and instead, spend some more time improving the community. Maybe having a much smaller New Eden or bringing back the old lobby would help. If needed, the old lobby can be retextured to look more modern, but the old lobby has an incredible feeling of a community there, especially when there are more qbees there.

Once again, this post isn't meant to defame or slander the game, nor is it to harm or damage any player in any way. This is my opinion and suggestion that will be posted here.

Comments

• Summary is basically just make the community better if u dont want to read it
  • edited December 2022
    I agree with the fact that this game is a trading simulator and that we should change that, but isn't "Qbees could work together to reach a common goal to win a prize for everyone" communist? :O I don't agree that we should give everyone equal prizes regardless of what they did. Essentially, your saying that (take the easter egg hunt for example), if the qbees needed to collect 100k eggs and then everyone who participated would win a roboslyme costume, then i could pick up one while someone else picks up 2k, and we'd get the same prize. That shouldn't happen.
  • I agree with the fact that this game is a trading simulator and that we should change that, but isn't "Qbees could work together to reach a common goal to win a prize for everyone" communist? :O I don't agree that we should give everyone equal prizes regardless of what they did. Essentially, your saying that (take the easter egg hunt for example), if the qbees needed to collect 100k eggs and then everyone who participated would win a roboslyme costume, then i could pick up one while someone else picks up 2k, and we'd get the same prize. That shouldn't happen.

Didn't rly want to sound communist sry. I meant more or less of everybody work together instead of everybody separate themselves from each other.

Regarding the giving equal prizes, I was thinking more or less of having a cutoff. There would be a prize given to everyone that contributed if the global goal is met. HOWEVER, the people that reached a certain cutoff could obtain an extra prize. In the end, those that still contributed even a little bit would be a bit more content and those that enjoy the grind would have a reason to grind. Right now, its the people that want the item grinding and cutting each other off of a leaderboard, instead of passing a goal that was set before. To me, competing and setting goals are two very distinct topics.
  • Basically just have a group and possibly the individual to reach a goal instead of having them compete for an item.
  • Ahhh, got it. So all get X prize but top 100 get Y prize. That could work, but I don't think that would benefit the community too much. You're still working independently. I think what really needs to happen is that certain events could be created that require teamwork (kind of like the plasm event, although you could do it without a partner). I can't think of anything like that right now, but I'll edit/comment it when I do.
  • Ahhh, got it. So all get X prize but top 100 get Y prize. That could work, but I don't think that would benefit the community too much. You're still working independently. I think what really needs to happen is that certain events could be created that require teamwork (kind of like the plasm event, although you could do it without a partner). I can't think of anything like that right now, but I'll edit/comment it when I do.

Not top 100. its like all get x prize, but everybody who gets over 50,000 of whatever they were collecting get y prize.