Pet Commands

There have been several pet ability-related discussions recently, so I wanted to throw my own ideas out there as well. Giving pets a little more "value" (not cubit-wise) in the game would be cool. My proposal: Pet commands.

All pets would have the same commands and whatnot. A new item could be added to allow them to do these commands: a whistle.

Commands

- Mine/dig. Clicking a block while the whistle is selected will make the pet go up to that block and mine it (with significantly slower mine speed). They would not be able to mine precious metals or ores (or maybe they would, I don't know lol). I was thinking basic things like grass, dirt, sand, water, flowers and bushes, and maybe trees.

- Sit. Choose a spot for your pet to sit. It will only come back to you if you call for it.

- Unequip. Sends the pet back to its kennel. This by itself would be helpful for people who get stuck with a pet and can't get it back to its kennel.

- Fetch. The pet will go grab an item closest to it and bring it to you. Walking into the item picks it up (if you have permissions to do so in that realm, of course).

Does this feel Pay to Win?

In a sense yes, but earning 3k to buy a pet and then whatever it costs for a whistle (shouldn't be very expensive, unless it just comes with every pet or is a feature implemented in every pet) is not super hard and should be rewarding for those who endure the beginning of the game enough to earn some cubits. Some pets are even lower than 3k (mutant wuvva pigs).

Just some thoughts. This or something similar would be cool to see.

Comments