Tip on how to mine in darkness? UPDATE

RolimRolim Member
edited October 2022 in General Chat
If you are struggling mining in the dark try changing the Saturation and Brightness options in your device or monitor.
Mines are not completly pitch black they are just covered in a darker layer. Increasing Saturation and Brightness allows me to see in the dark a bit better. If you aren't mining I don't reccomend using it because colors will become very vibrant and possibly make your eyes tired faster.

(image for reference only)

I have a decent computer and my monitor has some presets of options. I use game mode while I am mining but when I'm not I just put back to sRGB.

(image for reference only)

UPDATE

I tried to give more light to the blocks textures to show them a bit easier in the dark for those who can't find how to change their options. It's not the best but I guess it should do OK.
You can download them here - https://files.fm/u/qk6ema6mt
If you are using steam they should be in a directory like this:
Steam\steamapps\common\Cubic Castles\DynaContent\images
Do a backup of the original textures!
Do not use this if you aren't gonna be mining. They look terrible. Just replace the textures back when you done mining.
Before

After

Before

After

I hope this can help players that are having issues mining in the dark.
Thank you!

Comments

• edited October 2022
    how do i do this on a chromebook?
    still not working but its ok i will use torches thanks anyways!
  • you can just use torches to light the mines
  • you can just use torches to light the mines

Unlike Minecraft or Terraria, torches in Cubic Castles feel... unnatural to use. Their purpose never felt right to use in mines. Players were never forced to use them only the cavern mine they can be somewhat useful and even then that mine has light sources around...
    Plus crafting them is annoying and not worth it in my opinion unless you wanna build with them and is even more annoying that other players can just come and take them away from you.
    If at least they made an item that was a light source that would follow the player around then it would fix this issue, but they didn't.
    Trick or Treat Bag works for trick or treat doors, but a light radius around the player using the "flashlight" or holding a "torch" doesn't.
    Don't get me wrong, if using torches is easier for you then go ahead, but I just think it's a waste of time when you can just ramp up some settings and voila, done.
  • Finding a cave mine is good too - since they have quite a bit of light from glowing crystals n mushrooms already there as well. Surface diamonds/emeralds/rubies are a bonus here too!
  • Why can't we just have a torch in hand or something