The Event Sucks

Either you sit around and mine for five hours or spend 100,000 cubits for a single mash. Boring and frustrating.

Comments

• I do agree that most of this event does suck. Remember tho CC is a business and needs to make $$. There are many ways to make $$ but IMO the best is to make the majority of players happy and the $$ will flow like honey.
    This taken from the Bible " do all things pleasing unto The Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." This means if we strive to only gain $$ we will always do better to help those who we are meant to help and the $$ will come to us.

Given this years mining event is hampered by complete darkness, Use torches to see where you are going & to use the compass to know where you are at.

We get ghost bombs while mining. Use torches by the ghosts, then bomb them.

Use the information here on forum to know where to get the candies.

To sum it up: when life hands you lemons, make lemonade. If you don't want lemonade, play a different game where you get sweet tea.

Side effect of dark mines is that CC got its wish to eliminate side mining. ALL ores quest are on hold while side mining is unavailable so we all will lose 50c per day. This will hurt nubs as well as miners who depend on cubits from mining. If yall did not play years ago SirKewberth called side mining "cheating" and took it away until most of us complained. I do believe this event will be a turning point of deciding to play cc or not for some. IMO this is not the way to get the desired $$ CC seeks.
  • edited October 2022
    I dunno I like it.

Getting candys is pretty fun to me.

New pets is something everyone’s always asking for, and we got some cool ones.

I think lots of people have been upset at the over-abundance of Halloween items like the good/bad parts, so there’s not quite as many so they’re not worth basically nothing, which is pretty good too I think.
    There are a bit less than I would have liked, but I still like it.
    *edit: I have been mining today and it looks like the ratios have changed, so you get more. This is better I think, so there's no problem there for me anymore*

I think the darkness in the mines is a bit much, but with some torches it’s ok, and combined with the ghosts it adds a nice Halloween aesthetic which I like a lot.

And since most people can afford trick or treating baskets, that provides an easy way to participate without needing to mine for hours.

I think logistically this Halloween event makes a lot of sense and I might be in the small minority but I personally like it a lot.
  • edited October 2022
    I mean it’s not that bad, but it could be better. The candy aspect is pretty great, I’ll say that.

But mining 5000+ blocks and not getting a machine part is disappointing, considering people have other things to do outside of cubic castles. The event is really heavily in favor of people with expendable cubits, whereas newer players are struggling, which is unforuntate.

Also the ghost bomb aspect of the event seems like filler at this point.
  • I mean it’s not that bad, but it could be better. The candy aspect is pretty great, I’ll say that.

But mining 5000+ blocks and not getting a machine part is disappointing, considering people have other things to do outside of cubic castles. The event is really heavily in favor of people with expendable cubits, whereas newer players are struggling, which is unforuntate.

Every time I mine other players steal my torches. Then others park near me hoping to grab a mash if one happens to appear. I hate thieves.
  • Intimate said:

I mean it’s not that bad, but it could be better. The candy aspect is pretty great, I’ll say that.

Every time I mine other players steal my torches. Then others park near me hoping to grab a mash if one happens to appear. I hate thieves.
    That's sad, these people are putting in so much effort to ruin someone else's day by stealing a mash even though these scammers have the same % chance to get these mashes if they mined for it themselves.
  • MEEPYZ said:

Intimate said:

That's sad, these people are putting in so much effort to ruin someone else's day by stealing a mash even though these scammers have the same % chance to get these mashes if they mined for it themselves.
    They are too lazy to click to mine like its "that" hard to press a button. I think some of them are of the opinion that gaining exp will stop others from feeling sorry for them because they are nub, being low level. This will get more stuff if they keep their level low. Beggars, thrive, liars & scam artists. This caused devs to work that much harder to make game play fun and fair. It ruins moral and loses good players who see no end to the madness, so they quit.

Soon I will be buying my 10th mouse soon, since playing CC for 4.5 years. FYI mice have approx 20 million clicks life expectancy. I get asked to prove I am human WAY TOO many times.
  • Intimate said:

Given this years mining event is hampered by complete darkness, Use torches to see where you are going & to use the compass to know where you are at.

i am a new player and i was unaware of the event affecting mining... i was incredibly confused why all of the YouTube videos i watched and Wiki pages i saw showed the mines in full light, i thought i was doing something wrong, lol