Custom Blocks are not affected by stamps

They are not affected by Inside stamps or Door Stamps.
Is there a possibility of making them work? Please? I beg of you.

Comments

• I’m pretty sure (from what other people have said) they can’t be foamed either. Would be nice to have both of those
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    They are somewhat limited in functionality relative to the normal in game blocks unfortunately. There are technical reasons for this in the code, as they have to have their own custom drawing routes when things are rendered. Pershaps going forward we can continue to improve them. I love that screenshot. Those textures look great.
  • RolimRolim Member
    I finished them yesterday, they look like this now:

I also think that new door stamps could help, the elevator one fits nicely. Maybe make more like the elevator in different types, just a suggestion.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    edited April 2022
    yeah that looks great - how many of the 16 for that? does it use all of them?
  • CubicCubic Member
    I am so glad I can see the potential of amazing building with these custom blocks instead of dumb memes and NFTs
  • RolimRolim Member
    I try to always use all of them, yes there are 16 total. Just can't use 2 of them here, which are the side walls.
    Ok. I'm thinking it may be worth expanding the possibilities to more blocks if we continue to see people really make use like this example.
  • RolimRolim Member
    That sounds great, but the only reason I used so many is because I had to make a 3 x 3 blocks texture which is already 9 used up blocks.
    If I may suggest here's a few things that might help save resources:

- Replace the icon of the 1 2 3 etc in inventory for the texture sample on each face.
    This would help knowing what block you are using. It doesn't have to be a 3D shape just the texture sample is good enough.

Upon right clicking on the custom block these options could pop up in a small menu:

- Being able to spin the block in 4 directions by 90º
    - Invert the direction of the block (if the dark is on left and bright on right it becomes the oposite)
    With these 2 options above, players could create 1 singular corner block and 1 singular long way block. They could rotate to fit the corners and inside or outside corridors, etc.

- Custom Color palette
    If we created a texture they could be painted how players see them fit. Either by applying a color filter or painting them on their own. Like a bucket tool for certain areas. Or allow the creator to make different color patterns for the same block.
    This would save a lot of color swap textures, maybe people won't like a blue wall, so I have to make a different wall on a new set just for a color change. It's a waste imo.

- 3D Cube Editor
    This one isn't exactly necessary but if we could texture the top and side differently we can probably make some interesting stuff.

- Selling textures in a game store for textures or for free
    Basically a Cubit Store but for textures where players could submit their textures and sell them there. Other players could pick each texture they want for their build and buy them for their own set since there's a limit of blocks this could help being able to pick the ones you like from different players.

Just some ideas that I had, but so far I can work with what I have. Oh and please don't remove the ability to use third party editors unless you improve the easle xD I can't stress enough how much more relaxing it is to work with a more efficient tool than pixel by pixel haha.
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited April 2022
    Rolim said:

That sounds great, but the only reason I used so many is because I had to make a 3 x 3 blocks texture which is already 9 used up blocks.

- Replace the icon of the 1 2 3 etc in inventory for the texture sample on each face.
    This would help knowing what block you are using. It doesn't have to be a 3D shape just the texture sample is good enough.

Upon right clicking on the custom block these options could pop up in a small menu:

- Invert the direction of the block (if the dark is on left and bright on right it becomes the oposite)
    With these 2 options above, players could create 1 singular corner block and 1 singular long way block. They could rotate to fit the corners and inside or outside corridors, etc.

- Custom Color palette
    If we created a texture they could be painted how players see them fit. Either by applying a color filter or painting them on their own. Like a bucket tool for certain areas. Or allow the creator to make different color patterns for the same block.
    This would save a lot of color swap textures, maybe people won't like a blue wall, so I have to make a different wall on a new set just for a color change. It's a waste imo.

- 3D Cube Editor
    This one isn't exactly necessary but if we could texture the top and side differently we can probably make some interesting stuff.

Basically a Cubit Store but for textures where players could submit their textures and sell them there. Other players could pick each texture they want for their build and buy them for their own set since there's a limit of blocks this could help being able to pick the ones you like from different players.

Just some ideas that I had, but so far I can work with what I have. Oh and please don't remove the ability to use third party editors unless you improve the easle xD I can't stress enough how much more relaxing it is to work with a more efficient tool than pixel by pixel haha.

Meepyz and I built a realm called Art depot where ppl could sell their textures .

You have good taste on texture I like the classical wallpaper
  • RolimRolim Member

Rolim said:

- Custom Color palette

- 3D Cube Editor

Meepyz and I built a realm called Art depot where ppl could sell their textures .

You have good taste on texture I like the classical wallpaper
    Yes I know, I have a room on there and I think it's a great idea, Thanks for that!
    But I meant a browsing system for textures where players could pick each 16 textures themselves for their builds. They would add the texture that they like to each individual number made by different players. But this idea won't work if players sell texture papers has it is, it would need to be something that can only be bought from the texture store browsing system. If that makes any sense lol.