Scammers

Ok Sorry To The Mods that are about to read this.
I have been kind of out of sorts with my hacker post. I offer my deepest apologies and I hope I haven't offended the mods in anyway..

This post is about scammers.
One of my friends has been scammed. His name is ********* (Not mentioning for confidentiality).
He is devastated. I know you can contact support to try to look into it.
I have a question of my own? Do people get their items back if the scammers is revealed?

I kind of want to hear the people's share of scams on CC. Just out of curiousity and some tips we could possibly use in the future.
Before you do, here is some rules.

1) The names involved in the incident must be confidential (Ex. ********). You can't publicly shame them in front of CC forums, no matter how bad you think they are. Any attempt at this will be requested by me to remove by the mods.

2) If this incident happens, the person who is accused should not try to defend himself/herself. We understand we shouldn't get involved with your problems and will be resolved with properly.

3) Rumor has been spreading around that I've scammed someone. Please don't accuse me.
I've been thinking about contacting support but there's no point.

4) PLEASE do not fake your scams. This is for education and how people could learn from not getting scammed. Any "fake" scam is not acceptable. Please do not do this.

5) BE nice to people. Thats all I'm going to say.

In conclusion, I'd like to hear the community's experience on scammers.
Mods I am not targeting you this time. I'm asking how individuals got scammed and how to prevent this.

-Iforo123 ;)

Comments

This discussion has been closed.