Hackers..

Iforo123Iforo123 Member
edited March 2022 in General Chat
So.
I've done some research on hackers.
They mostly managed to scam people via fake forum links.
What happened to saying ur game was unhackable MODS.... :/

I don't see why hackers would scam innocent players. Also we need some kind of hacker prevention thing.
2 step verification is useful, however it's not going to erase the hacker issue completely as that's just inevitable. Nothing will.
But try at least stop making people rage quit because of hacks? Has the CC staff ever considered listening to the people who claims they got hacked and investigate into it
I dont think so.
Also I need some people to track down these SO CALLED hackers because they are ruining the game for pros.

I've also noticed pro players who has tons of rich stuff are targeted.
Our priority is protecting them.
If one of those accs get hacked, I kind of expect mods to take action on it.
I'm not saying you AREN'T, but have those hackers been hunted down?
Nope.
Hacking can get u arrested, ur the staff of CC
Why not get them arrested?
Bruh.

As usual, I'm going to mention this to the mods to not remove my post because I am accusing them for taking no action of hacks and scams and etc..
ALSO as usual, I'm going to ask players not hate on my posts because I'm trying to stop scams and erase hackings entirely from CC.

It would be a shame if people don't understand the problem.
If you do, congrats
If you don't, listen to the people that do understand.

Regretfully, Iforo123

Comments

• People who claim they were "hacked" are really people who fall for scams but don't want to admit it; if people really were capable of hacking accounts, I'm sure accounts with super rares would be targeted and not random players with less than 10k.
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    First I want to say that it is not a mod's job, nor do we have the tools, to "track down" anyone, especially in the real world to have them arrested. You are completely mistaken on the role and abilities of a mod in Cubic Castles. We are in the game to make sure people follow the basic rules and help them contact support for any major issues like a scam. I know I have explained this to you before but apparently, you were not listening through your ranting.
    Secondly, the only way someone can "hack" into your account is with your password (I've explained that to you as well). The admins and mods tell people constantly to protect their accounts by not sharing their password or using their Cubic Castles log-in information anywhere other than the game. The devs even changed the way we log into the forums to further protect players from having their accounts stolen. If it was possible to truly hack into an account, people like Chickenlips, Will, Nisaw, other rich/popular players and all of the mods would have been hacked a long time ago. They would go after accounts with power (the mods and admins) or a lot of items (rich/popular), but they don't. The account thieves target and scam players who are desperate for cubits or items by offering free cubits if you log into their website with your CC account information or one of a few other little tricks they use to get your password. We cannot do anything about players sharing their passwords or falling for these scams. Many websites and games have safeguards in place and people still fall for similar scams. I get text messages and emails almost daily from scammers trying to get me to click their link and log in with my Paypal, Amazon or bank information by saying that there is a problem with my account. You have to be smart and protect your accounts everywhere, this is not something exclusive to CC. If you want to help the community, maybe help educate people about protecting their accounts in CC and everywhere else online. That would be much more helpful than another rant post with false accusations and misinformation.
  • Daresx11Daresx11 Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited March 2022
    There's no way to get hacked if you keep your personal acc info safe. 100% of the time when players get hacked is cause they put their account info in scam websites about "hack cubits", or they gave their password to someone. There's to easy to protect your acc from hackers... just keep your account password only for yourself, and that will make your acc 100% safe from those bad people. There's a lot of misinformation in your post, if someone gets hacked they need to contact support as soon they know their acc got hacked, this is not something that mods can deal with, since we don't have a way to track or confirm if it is real. Is easy to say that mods no take action against hackers or scams when you and the people who think that don't see the real work that we do all the time, the simple way that you don't see us around that doesn't mean we are not doing our job checking that people are following the basic rules, we have a lot of ways where the players can contact us to report a scam/bypassing chat filter/etc. We are always grateful to the players who take their time to report players through discord(to the mods: always with screenshots proof with /time) and even as I explained to you multiple times a few days ago when you asked me "what players need to do when they couldn't take screenshots of the scams cause they got banned from the realm" I told you in that case players will have to contact support(support doesn't need screenshots proof) but they will need that you explain them all the details that you can, if you be very specific about what happened, and you provide them: Where the scam happened, what items was involved in the scam, name of the players involved, an approximate CC time when the scam happened, if you give them all that info they will look into it and if they confirm a scam happened there, they will help you.
    This kind of post doesn't help "to stop scams and erase hackings entirely from CC", the real way to stop scams/hackers is to play smart, and as Whim said help to educate your in game friends about to protect their accounts. Same as you protect your bank account or your social media accounts, you have to protect your Cubic Castles account too.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I am going to close this thread since it has been answered. Remember, it is impossible to get hacked in this game if you keep your password safe.
This discussion has been closed.