A possible way to delete unwanted realms and rooms

AnguishireAnguishire Member
edited December 2022 in Suggestions & Comments

Many of us, especially older players, have a lot of rooms and realms they simply don't use anymore. As a result, we end up throwing the doors to the rooms in little 11x11 rooms and try our best to ignore the names of the no longer used realms under the "Your Realms" tab in the overworld. Would it be possible for us to have the option to delete realms and rooms entirely? Maybe (this is just something I thought of on the spot it can be whatever) we'd need to type /delete in chat, and then get a confirmation button where we'd need to click confirm 3 or so times, then enter our CC account password, which then sends us an email to the email linked to that account where we can finally initiate the deletion... that way its impossible to do by accident. Also, wouldn't deleting realms and rooms save server space? If starter realm sizes were indeed reduced in size over the years because of the increased server space usage(I don't know for sure), then this could be a solution to give the server some more breathing room.

If deleting realms and rooms Isn't possible, then could we at least have a command where we could hide the realms from the overworld tab? Maybe have another tab under "Your Realms" called "Hidden Realms". It would definitely make things much neater and cleaner looking for players with a lot of realms.

...having both these options would of course be AWESOME! Thank you for reading :)

Comments

• +1
  • +1
    I've been playing for so long and now I have amassed a collection of useless rooms that have no purpose anymore (weird 34 x 20, 5 x 5, and junky lengths). I also created weird lengthy realms 4 years ago so they're just sitting there, having not entered them for a good while. I would definitely love to delete my unwanted realms, or at least hide them so they don't disturb the actual view of my main realms.
  • +1 yes its gonna be cool if the old realms size come back
  • CubicCubic Member
    edited August 2021
    +1
    Either a way to delete, trade or “refund” realms giving half your cubits back
  • Yes please, very much needed.
  • Yes
  • Yesssss please
  • +1 I have Many Empty Rooms and Realms I never Went Back again to might be That it would give some Amount of Cubits after Removing them like Half The amount of the Room..?
  • AnguishireAnguishire Member
    edited August 2021
    I personally don't think there should be a refund. Given how many unwanted realms and rooms there are, It would probably mess with the economy if that many cubits were added all at once(remember these are realms and rooms from all the way back since the game was made). Besides, you bought the realm and used it for some time and now you no longer want it, so a refund wouldn't make much sense to me
  • +1 for the suggesttion to hide realms/rooms. I have too many useless rooms and it would be nice to archive them so i don't have to look for a place to store my portals. I think maybe there should be a cooldown period to prevent spamming/abuse. At least 30mins would be a reasonable cool down maybe :D
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Give me your rooms. Door floor version 2?
  • Either being able to delete realms or hide them in a separate tab would be really great, especially if you have lots of realms and you're working on just one of them, because you could hide the rest of them so the realm you're working on would be at the top of the list.
  • Yes please, I have the same suggestion and I really want to remove the realms from the "your Realms' list
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    A hide realm option would be nice with the ability to see hidden realms when you want to. If you just remove them from the list it would be too easy to lose a realm.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    edited March 2022
    Even I'd like this feature.. you should see my realm list... It's un-navigable. Game needs a lot of ui improvements really. Probably
    something I'll start to look at once the textures and npcs are done.
  • BlackSonattaBlackSonatta Member
    edited March 2022
    I think it would also be nice if you were able to transfer realm ownership to someone else. That would be pretty neat! Other than that, +1 for sure
  • +1

I recycle some realms & rooms but it gets to be a hassle scrolling through 100 realms I own just to get to popular realms or search for realms. I would like to have our realms a separate link or at least at the bottom. Search needs improvement as I can not add friends so I have to use search daily and it is not pleasant to say the least. I do not have a spare 5 months to set trust on 100 realms & 500 rooms for all of my alts to be able to use them so I just set all realms & rooms to friends build and only have my alts as friends.

I use a lot of signs naming my rooms not in use. I own approx 500 rooms. Imagine how Space_Fetus has to deal with this issue having over 300 realms & 24 chests full of deeds. I doubt he ever uses the search function.

A great way to solve this dilemma would be to re-enact the door glitch whereas you hold the room or realm door and get banned. You get a pair of doors out of the deal but you lose the room or realm. If cc makes it so the cost of the door is less than the investment of the room/realm, it will come out ahead and let us shed some excess rooms/realms. Make it so if the realm has no door, it drops off our list and becomes non-realm.

Tip: if you wish to drop your main deed, place any item in a chest, then pick up that item and drop it in the spot in your inventory the deed is located. The deed will be in the chest.

Make an official realm called Register of Deeds and allow us to go there to transfer ownership of deeds and let them drop off the list in search. It can be an NPC that 2 parties agree to at the same time like the register does now. Place the NPC on a donation table floor so if one player crashes, the deed will not vanish. Any player can sell a deed back to cc at a reduced price so cc makes some pocket change for some gum. Unless you have difficulty walking and chewing gum at the same time.
  • I have 8 realms i would love to delete !
    There is another way however such as renaming the realm as nothing.
    placing poison spike.
    putting life block
    pick up portal and die.
    Ta da the realm is abandoned forever