Adventure Story

As I am watching Gdogs video an overwhelming excitement is filling me for what is ahead of us. I like to hear your thoughts of the new adventure story and what you are most excited about.

Thank you gdog for recording the video and thank you admins for all your hardwork.

I know I am getting my hopes up but I would like to see most of the features in adventure mode released for building purposes. Like being able to make the exterior of a room dark like at master flinches house. I love building tiny houses but the immersion just isnt there because I stare at the cloudy blue space beyond. When I put a darkness stamp it makes the house dark. It be so awesome if it were a stamp we could use. I understand certain things not being present like the power cubes but O MY LORD THE MANNEQUINS. My favorite type of room/realm to build is story but I have only built two. The reason why is because having to create four thousand signs for a characters dialogue. With mannequins that can speak it really makes the story that more real. Also realms/rooms often feel super dead and without life. As I watched gdog play the rooms/realms felt more alive with the interactive character dialogue. If we get the talking mannequins Grey is going to flip his apple cart. I do feel a slight sadness in me though. As I am watching this video I am jealous of the new players who will be entering CC for the first time. When I first started CC it was cruel and harsh, no direction given. It was purely scary and I almost quit because of it. I am thinking pwah, qbees these days are so spoiled back in my day we had to start a fire with a single stick *waves cane*. What comprises the new adventure mode is going to bring CC to the next level, it pleases me greatly to see that the devs are really pushing the envelope. I feel that with this CC is going to enter into a new Dawn! Signing off, may the adventure be with you!

Comments

• Hehe, nice! I'd love to see the story mannequins added in game, it'll be GREAT for story realms!!
  • CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator
    These are not exactly the mannequins :P they're NPC's.
  • Well you are right there Cortana. It will be hard to break ourselves of calling them mannequins ^_^!
  • lucaaa795 said:

I want cars to be introduced outside adventure realm...
    Those tiny cars r so koot

I want it NOW! :D
  • OMG IM GONNA DIE AAHHHHHH
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I am going to run you all over and exhibit road rage. BEEP BEEP! GET OUT OF THE WAY YOU SLOW POKE! :D! WAHAHAHA.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    The plan is to eventually try to make all the adventure stuff available in game. Starting probably with the new blocks/mobs soon.

NPCs and cars will take longer ... they're harder to make work for general use, even though I know you'd all love them. So in the long run yes you will get it, but it will take some time.

We had to make stuff work just for us first because in general it's much harder to handle all multiplayer cases than just a single player feature. That saved us a lot of time to get adventure done. But the plan was always to eventually bring as much of that functionality as we can to everyone. It certainly would be great if everyone could make their own adventures.
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    edited May 2016
    I love Single Player:

- I love how it introduces stuff bit by but instead of dumping all the features on you at once.

- I love how interactive it is.

- I love how Spudbug bounces off objects and falls.

- I love the mini-parkours.

- I love the text boxes. They're very cool.

- I love how we have the option to leave within the tutorial, most force you to complete it.

- I love the Cars, like who doesn't.

- I love the detail the admins put into it.

- I love how along with learning the game there are little hidden stars which can be fun to play the tutorial over and over to discover them all.

I could go on with amazing things, and I have only seen half the adventure, so far.
  • Thank you SIr Kewberth! I dont mind however long it takes and just means there is something to look forward to as time passes. Knowing what direction CC is going has me jittery enough. It would be really fun to be able to create adventure but I understand only certain features can be released. This is defiantly a step, no a LEAP forward.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    It's quite tricky with some of those adventure features because they're basically programmable scripts right now, and to make them available to builders we have to build a whole set of special blocks you can make chat trees with and maybe special trigger blocks etc.. So yeah it's a tough one to do. But it is definitely in the plans.
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    I can't wait, somewhere in the future having huge 100x100 race tracks! Picture driving round overworld xD
  • I love the scamming warning tutorial- it will be extremely helpful for new players!! :-)
  • DemonismDemonism SingaporeMember
    A multiplayer version of this will be fun