Decaying Realms

On the old forums, I remember there was a post about the time it took for a realm to decay, and I found it pretty useful!
If a mod/admin knows how it works, could you please make a post about it? I think many people would find it useful :3

Comments

• MoxxiechuMoxxiechu Prolly some ocean (FL.)Member
    edited May 2016
    It would be nice for them to put it in their FAQ. :3

---
    In a nutshell.

Block count:
    Under 300 - stays on til you log off.
    3000 - days to a week or two.
    10,000 - 3 months.

Stamps: 2x the time.
    Ex: 10,000 + a stamp = 6 months.

---
    Of course... I've heard lately realms seem to be decaying sooner than usual.
    Could be from previous restarts, but we haven't had one in a while.
    *shrug*

• smuressmures Member
    So my realm is 10k+ blocks PLUS a stamp, yet it doesn't stay in the same spot for 6 months.
    Does it have to do with locked realms? And do rooms count too?
  • MoxxiechuMoxxiechu Prolly some ocean (FL.)Member
    edited May 2016

So my realm is 10k+ blocks PLUS a stamp, yet it doesn't stay in the same spot for 6 months.
    Does it have to do with locked realms? And do rooms count too?

Locked realms decay pretty quick. (15min. After the owner logs out, I think)

I know locking a realm is a quick and easy way to decay your own. At one point they were going to add "the crowbar". Essentially an item that could easily pluck- up a realm to then re-place in the overworld. The item was scrapped when players found locking was just as easy ( and free)

Adding rooms to ones realm used to count owards the block count. This is no longer the case currently.

• Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    Here are the realm decay rules:

1. When a player makes a starter realm, and then exits the game, that realm is removed from over-world and put back in their inventory. Of course, anything they did in the realm is preserved, they will just have to put it down again the next time they play.

2. Once a starter realm reaches 250 blocks placed, it will then stay in over-world as long as the owner goes back into it once per 24 hours. If not, back to inventory it goes.

3. Once any realm reaches 3000 blocks placed, that period increases to 6 days.

4. Beyond 10k blocks placed, it goes to 3 months.

5. Changing the skin of the castle doubles the above times.
  • smuressmures Member
    Got it thanks! :D

-Can be closed now- o3o