Capture The Flag

Giant_Giant_ Member
edited July 2020 in Suggestions & Comments
I want a pair of Capture The Flag bumpers. I think there should be a red flag bumper and a blue flag bumper that when bumped will place a red or blue flag in the hand of a player unless someone already has the flag or unless they are already holding something.

If they are holding a flag of the other color then it should remove the flag (returning it to its flag bumper) and announce that their team has scored a point. If they are holding something other than a flag then it should tell the player that they are already holding something. If someone already has that bumper's flag then it should tell them something like "Someone's already has the Blue Flag!" If they are holding the flag that matches the bumper then it should remove the flag and return it to its bumper but not give them any points.

I don't think it should keep score because a timer and score count would just complicate things. I think that if a player has the other team's flag and they bump their own bumper then it should just say something like "Red Team has Captured The Blue Flag!" or "Blue Team has Captured The Red Flag!" and that would be enough. Players should just keep count themselves and play to whatever number of captures they desire.

Please make this. It would be so much fun. I think the price should be kind of high since it would be so much fun. Maybe like 20k for a set of the bumpers.

Oh and if someone dies while holding a flag then the flag should return to its bumper. Also, a flag can't be dropped, only returned to a bumper so a player can't use a wand if they have a flag.

Comments

• Nice idea, but how about the handheld things like umbrellas, etc?
  • Giant_Giant_ Member
    edited July 2020
    "If they are holding something other than a flag then it should tell the player that they are already holding something."

If they're holding something then they will need to remove the item before they can acquire a flag. I think a message telling them that they are already holding something would be the best option: it would eliminate the confusion of what happened to their item, it would probably be less programming work, it would make it more in line with the rule of "choose what to hold" so players accept not being able to hold a wand and a flag at the same time, etc. (I want the flag bearer to be vulnerable while having the flag.)

If the flag bearer could hold a wand and a flag at the same time they could just steadily heal themselves or kill others and in doing so they would lock the game up and make it not very fun. I think being vulnerable while holding a flag will make you feel more excited and that will make it more fun.
  • nice for capture the flag + pvp >:D
    +1 :))
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    edited July 2020
    This would be good. We've thought about doing it for a long time actually.
  • +1 I really like this idea but instead of doing a handheld item maybe it would be easier to just have a flag display image above the players name once they hit the bumper. I feel this may be an easier option to add in. Also I think it would have better visibility but honestly I think either way could work.
  • MEEPYZMEEPYZ Member
    Inure said:

+1 I really like this idea but instead of doing a handheld item maybe it would be easier to just have a flag display image above the players name once they hit the bumper. I feel this may be an easier option to add in. Also I think it would have better visibility but honestly I think either way could work.

^
    and +1
  • Giant_Giant_ Member
    >+1 I really like this idea but instead of doing a handheld item maybe it would be easier to just have a flag display image above the players name once they hit the bumper. I feel this may be an easier option to add in. Also I think it would have better visibility but honestly I think either way could work.

No, we need a hand held flag. We must feel like we have something that we are being chased for.
  • Definitely sounds like a fun concept. We might need team bumpers to determine a player's team for both PvP and your idea.
    Giant_ said:

>+1 I really like this idea but instead of doing a handheld item maybe it would be easier to just have a flag display image above the players name once they hit the bumper. I feel this may be an easier option to add in. Also I think it would have better visibility but honestly I think either way could work.

No, we need a hand held flag. We must feel like we have something that we are being chased for.

I don't see why a flag image doesn't feel the same way as a handheld item.
  • Giant_Giant_ Member
    edited July 2020

I don't see why a flag image doesn't feel the same way as a handheld item.

A hand held flag is already a symbol of a team's status. By making a symbol to represent a symbol you create a disconnect in meaning/value (one thing represents the status and the other thing represents the thing that represents the status - one is a valued object and the other is a picture of it). We need to feel like we have something of value in our possession.
  • JedeeJedee Member
    +1 This will be very cool and adding the featured things in the game.