Are shaders possible?

TacticalthTacticalth Member
edited June 2020 in General Chat
Are they possible? Something like minecraft shaders

Comments

• Are they possible? Something like minecraft shaders

Yes please, also i support content that is free, and available to all rich or poor.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Not currently because when cubic came out it was written with an older version of OpenGL that didn't support custom shader pipelines. That being said, I have written a new graphics core that supports shaders, because I wanted it for various reasons, but not limited to using them for things like new environment stamps etc... It's not integrated yet though. It's a bit tricky because the game is cross-platform, so the way these things work on apple/android/pc/mac etc.. are different at the low level graphics end.
  • Oh! Well I'm super excited either way >:)
  • Not currently because when cubic came out it was written with an older version of OpenGL that didn't support custom shader pipelines. That being said, I have written a new graphics core that supports shaders, because I wanted it for various reasons, but not limited to using them for things like new environment stamps etc... It's not integrated yet though. It's a bit tricky because the game is cross-platform, so the way these things work on apple/android/pc/mac etc.. are different at the low level graphics end.

*me trying to comprehend what he said*
  • IronFish said:

Not currently because when cubic came out it was written with an older version of OpenGL that didn't support custom shader pipelines. That being said, I have written a new graphics core that supports shaders, because I wanted it for various reasons, but not limited to using them for things like new environment stamps etc... It's not integrated yet though. It's a bit tricky because the game is cross-platform, so the way these things work on apple/android/pc/mac etc.. are different at the low level graphics end.

*me trying to comprehend what he said*
    Basically they sort of just need integration that will be a little difficult considering it has to work on all versions
  • Shaders would be cool but we might not be able to have it because cubic castles is on multiple platforms (´༎ຶོρ༎ຶོ`)
  • Shaders would be cool but we might not be able to have it because cubic castles is on multiple platforms (´༎ຶོρ༎ຶོ`)

I think i got an answer cough*

cough*