Make nametags cheaper

It seems a lot, 10k just to change your name. A lot of newbies have way less than that, and if they want to change their name, they will either have to grind to get 10k and waste all their cubits, or make a new account. Which sucks. I suggest make them 5k, so it's not such a waste of cubits when you change it.

Comments

• Or maybe you're allowed to change your name once and then you will have to pay - that will mean if you didn't know how to make a username you will be able to have one you like without the cost.
  • CubicCubic Member

Or maybe you're allowed to change your name once and then you will have to pay - that will mean if you didn't know how to make a username you will be able to have one you like without the cost.

Yes +1
  • i bet the devs made it that expensive so reported scammers and abusive players arent gonna be able to change their names that quick tho
  • CubicCubic Member
    IronFish said:

i bet the devs made it that expensive so reported scammers and abusive players arent gonna be able to change their names that quick tho

I'm pretty sure they have a record of changed names that they can see?
  • GalaGala Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited June 2020
    They were cheap a few years ago like for 10k you could get 3 of them... The main reason for this is that people were abusing name changes to cheat / scam, so they decided to increase the price.
  • SPY C.SPY C. Member
    galantis said:

They were cheap a few years ago like for 10k you could get 3 of them... The main reason for this is that people were abusing name changes to cheat / scam, so they decided to increase the price.

Yea
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    galantis said:

Exactly, there are already a lot of name changes going on because people do things and then want to hide or do it again under a new name. We do not need cheaper nametags, it would make it even easier for scammers to cheat you.
  • CubicCubic Member
    edited June 2020
    So you guys are saying we can't make them cheaper and save c just because of scammers?
    I do get the point though
    Villain said:

So you guys are saying we can't make them cheaper and save c just because of scammers?
    I do get the point though

I don't understand why everyone wants to change their name every other week or even once a month. Your name is your identity in the game. People complain that they can't keep friends or that nobody knows them but they have been in game for years. Then it turns out they changed their name 20 times. How can anyone expect the community to keep up with that?
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    edited June 2020
    I have changed my name once, back in 2017, still regret the waste of 7k (2 nametags at the time) and it was only for a few days
    how can one enjoy changing names, like seriously, stick to your identity, its the only thing you have that its YOURS and UNIQUE
    I've had fights with more players than I can count, and even if they managed to brainwash the community into believing deceiving lies, I am still here, with my name that I've had since the very beggining.
    You carry the name's weight. Changing it every so often is just weak play.
    Scammers would abuse it every so often too, as others have pointed.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    The name tag price should be raised.
  • -username--username- Member
    edited June 2020
    lucaaa795 said:

how can one enjoy changing names, like seriously, stick to your identity, its the only thing you have that its YOURS and UNIQUE

^
    U said:

Agreed, and there should be limits to how often you can use a nametag. Once every few months would be more than enough unless you are doing something you shouldn't be doing and trying to hide it.
  • JuIiusJuIius Member
    edited June 2020
    U said:

• MEEPYZMEEPYZ Member
    U said:

Even though that is a good idea to have, I don't think players would like the increase in price.
  • JuIiusJuIius Member
    MEEPYZ said:

U said:

Even though that is a good idea to have, I don't think players would like the increase in price.
    Mods cannot track name changes.
    Somebody can steal 1m worth of items, change their name, and because mods cannot track it, support has to get involved, which can end up taking like a week, and by then the player can have completely used up all of the cubits, and make it extremely hard to get it all sorted out, and the player banned.
  • CubicCubic Member
    One of the reasons I changed from Professional was because, with the fake L, people couldn't add me unless they knew.
  • PlayerPlayer Member
    I'm never going to touch a nametag