Petition to End Pay-to-Play Games

TyndaleTyndale Member
edited April 2020 in General Chat
Second lives in bomb games and pay to play parkours are just cash-grabs for newer players. Parkours and Bomb Games should be for fun, not for the owner to make cubits. Most of these are illegal anyways, like no checkpoint in parkours or not giving away a prize after people bought second lives. I'm just tired of going to bomb games and seeing second lives, and then no one ever wins because every time someone dies, they buy a warp. And going to parkours and paying to play but the owner made the parkour impossibly hard so that people would quit halfway through and waste their cubits without getting a prize. Cubic Castles would be better without these, like it used to be when these were banned. If we got enough votes, could it make these get banned again? Vote below:
(If you're on mobile scroll all the way down and hit "see full site")

Comments

• ^^ From that line in the terms and service. Wouldn't that include second lives in bomb games and pay to play parkours? Cause they are games of chance.
  • DoodleDogDoodleDog Member
    edited April 2020

^^ From that line in the terms and service. Wouldn't that include second lives in bomb games and pay to play parkours? Cause they are games of chance.

Neither bomb games nor parkours are games of chance. You need skill for both not getting bombed in a bomb game and completing a parkour. Games of chance are games for which you can't know in advance if you win or not, because it's completely random.

Still, the idea of completely banning second life bomb games is a good idea. There are a lot loopholes (friend using warps over and over, prizes not worth it) which are malicious to the players.

In that sense, +1.
  • TyndaleTyndale Member
    edited April 2020

^^ From that line in the terms and service. Wouldn't that include second lives in bomb games and pay to play parkours? Cause they are games of chance.

Yeah, sorta. It's more of a game of chance if it will actually be fair to the person who buys the warps
  • Hans'Hans' Member
    edited April 2020
    Idk man. How will we be able to support the creators. I would buy c but i dont think i would donate money. Also its not like there is winning in this game unless its contests and events. But there is no main goal in cc, just your own goal.
    Oop sorry i u were talking bout selling warps to get back in bomb game and stuff?
    +1
  • Yes please, these is why I rarely play parkours and bomb games anymore because most are paid and have second lives now >:(

+1000000
  • I don't think pay parkour need to be banned...

but I think in change the rules, and aply them, for example ''only 1 style of iten per glass in dispencer", so people can see what is the prize.

Second life in bomb game, I aprove be banned, it's not skill, it's a player placing bombs.
  • I don't think pay parkour need to be banned...

but I think in change the rules, and aply them, for example ''only 1 style of iten per glass in dispencer", so people can see what is the prize.

Second life in bomb game, I aprove be banned, it's not skill, it's a player placing bombs.

Why can't people do parkours for free though? I'm also more talking about those parkours that are in a small room and take about 20 seconds to complete, which are made with making cubits in mind and nothing else.

Also bump
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    All pay to play games were banned for awhile, skill involved or not. I think we should go back to that. Clearly if certain Qbees have the option to be malicious in order to gain cubits, they will be. Skill or not, malicious games shouldn't be happening and allowing pay to play games just makes them more likely to happen.
  • CubicCubic Member
    edited April 2020
    I do agree to some extent, but no one is forcing you to play or buy second lives. You can chose what you do, so I don't really see how it would affect you
  • Tyndale said:

I don't think pay parkour need to be banned...

Why can't people do parkours for free though? I'm also more talking about those parkours that are in a small room and take about 20 seconds to complete, which are made with making cubits in mind and nothing else.

Also bump
    I host pay parkours and free parkours, I know how much my work and creativity worth, it's sad when I spend much of my time, work and cubits, for just spend more cubits with prizes.

I agree with pay parkours, and will always agree when it is 100% inside rules (no life blocks, checkpoint at bumper, prizes worth of the cubits and the dificulty)
  • Yup, +1 today it was a parkour with 200c per warp and prizes weren't even worth 100
  • CubicCubic Member

Yup, +1 today it was a parkour with 200c per warp and prizes weren't even worth 100

In that case, you'd be an idiot to but it. Unless the prizes weren't on display
  • GalaGala Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited April 2020
    Then I wonder why it shouldn't be allowed... You choose to participate then the responsibility is more on your side.
  • CubicCubic Member
    Galantis said:

Then I wonder why it shouldn't be allowed... You choose to participate then the responsibility is more on your side.

Precicely
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I think the big problem is that many of the pay to play games are set up in advance to scam but it's not visible to the player. They have no way to know that there are seeds in the prize machine, that there is a friend with 1k warp foods to keep the game going until the owner gets tired and then he collects his cubits and leaves. How can they tell in advance that the owner will ban them after they buy or that the parkour is not possible because of foam or an impossible jump? Many of the pay to play games are scams, yes it is a choice to play but you can't always blame the player because the pay to play has hidden secrets. I wish the admins would make all pay to play games illegal, it would cut back on a lot of scams.
  • I think the big problem is that many of the pay to play games are set up in advance to scam but it's not visible to the player. They have no way to know that there are seeds in the prize machine, that there is a friend with 1k warp foods to keep the game going until the owner gets tired and then he collects his cubits and leaves. How can they tell in advance that the owner will ban them after they buy or that the parkour is not possible because of foam or an impossible jump? Many of the pay to play games are scams, yes it is a choice to play but you can't always blame the player because the pay to play has hidden secrets. I wish the admins would make all pay to play games illegal, it would cut back on a lot of scams.

and who legally host it? give prizes that worth and show the prizes in dispencer exact what is there, and when someone done, get the prize and worth the time spent?

ok, can avoid a lot of scams, but who legally host doesn't count?
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited April 2020
    My suggestion
    1:Clearly show the prizes
    2:No life block
    3:Checkpoints required
    4:Note to people if the parkour is very dfficult ( brawny , jumpman , speed demon 3 )
    5:Note to people no refill if all prizes are taken
    6:No ridiculous prices on warps

It is legal if the things i stated above is all required .

How is it considered a scam ?
    1:Ban winners before they could take a prize
    2:The warps that on vends lead you to another realm / removed warps
    3:Didn't tell that you need to have perks to be able to finish it .
    4:Impossible to finish this parkour even you have all perks
    5:Didn't tell that all prizes are taken / Remove the prizes before anyone comes
  • I think the big problem is that many of the pay to play games are set up in advance to scam but it's not visible to the player. They have no way to know that there are seeds in the prize machine, that there is a friend with 1k warp foods to keep the game going until the owner gets tired and then he collects his cubits and leaves. How can they tell in advance that the owner will ban them after they buy or that the parkour is not possible because of foam or an impossible jump? Many of the pay to play games are scams, yes it is a choice to play but you can't always blame the player because the pay to play has hidden secrets. I wish the admins would make all pay to play games illegal, it would cut back on a lot of scams.

I agree with Whims. We do need them completely banned. The point of minigames in cubic castles i made to be free. It does suck for players who do them legit. But when scammers over power legit players by thousands... yeah.

I also would consider Paid Parkour and 2nd Life Games "games of chance and games of skill"

There is a chance you will either fall or get bombed. But you also need the skill to possibly win. Again possibly win.
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

My suggestion
    4:Note to people if the parkour is very dfficult ( brawny , jumpman , speed demon 3 )

Most of those are already required. The problem is that the scam is hard, if not impossible, to see before you pay. And even harder to prove once you realize it is a scam.
  • My suggestion

9/10 Paid parkours I go to don't follow most of of the rules that are set in place, but if there aren't any mods on to shut it down then people get cheated out of their c. Then more people see that, and think that there is nothing wrong with making one exactly the same with all of the illegal things, and more of them pop up.
  • -1 I feel like people should at least get paid for their efforts to make a parkour. While people do scam people out of their cubits, I don't know then.
  • -1 I feel like people should at least get paid for their efforts to make a parkour. While people do scam people out of their cubits, I don't know then.

Have you ever been to a paid parkour that was actually a good parkour that someone spent time on? Or one that everyone isn't complaining about because you have to pay to get in? No one likes these. It would be better for the creator to make it free so that people can do it if they want to. No one makes a legitimate parkour with a price to participate anyways.
  • Tyndale said:

-1 I feel like people should at least get paid for their efforts to make a parkour. While people do scam people out of their cubits, I don't know then.

Have you ever been to a paid parkour that was actually a good parkour that someone spent time on? Or one that everyone isn't complaining about because you have to pay to get in? No one likes these. It would be better for the creator to make it free so that people can do it if they want to. No one makes a legitimate parkour with a price to participate anyways.
    I've been to a few *holla-ed* paid parkours and I actually got a prize from one of them (Apple O' Love).
  • If people put in the efforts to create a parkour and want to get paid for it. They might as well not even build one. If you go to any parkour that is paid. Under 10 people actually pay...

If u are going to make a parkour, make it free. There is no point making it paid..
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    End them all. Free or nothing.
  • Bring back all pay to play games. I miss gambling in cc.

It’s the kids own fault if they get scammed for trusting a risky owner.
  • I think I'm starting to understand this more. What's the point of paying for a parkour when you can get the prize in the parkour for the same price or even cheaper?
  • Payaways are banned, yet pay to play parkours aren't. I don't understand this - someone could just make a super easy parkour and have exactly the same prizes as a payaway - isn't it exactly the same?
  • someone tried to do a pay parkour 150c, and first prize was a green cube (which is kind of reasonable to pay), but im worried about the other prizes just saying...
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    edited April 2020
    Retailer said:

Payaways are banned, yet pay to play parkours aren't. I don't understand this - someone could just make a super easy parkour and have exactly the same prizes as a payaway - isn't it exactly the same?

I did that once to raise attention to the issue. Nobody cared.
    So technically yes, that is a good workaround. 3 easy jumps and your payaway has turned into a skill game, without a chance to get banned, because it takes skill to jump and finish it.
    I invite everyone to use the method I mentioned above. Do it for me, but moreso for the sake of the community. The more that do hidden payaways, the faster we can make them illegal altogheter.
    'Dragon' said:

Bring back all pay to play games. I miss gambling in cc.

It’s the kids own fault if they get scammed for trusting a risky owner.

You aren't even supposed to play anymore, with all due respect.