CC PLEASE HELP MY FRIENDS & EVERYONE...BEWARE OF HACKERS THAT WANT YOU TO LOGIN TO YOUR CC ACCOUNT

Recently 2 of my good friends and long time cc players were hacked. I was almost one of the victims. Imagine all the things you worked to get over a period of a few years, including a lot of rares, all gone in one day. Seems these hackers try to get you to login to your cc forums account saying there is problem. For me it was a cc player that friended me on discord and told me to look at something strange on the forums. He sent me what looked like a link to the cc forums. Fortunately I did not login to it. I knew something was weird. Unfortunately for my friends they logged in and lost many valuables on cc. Sadly there has been a lot of rumors that cc is a dying game but these 2 have been sticking it out as loyal cc players as I have. Things like this can only be devastating. I hope CC can help get there items back or reimburse them some how. And for all your cc player...BE VERY CAREFUL OF WHO YOU ACCEPT AS FRIENDS AND DO NOT GIVE ANY PERSONAL INFO TO ANYONE! And if you get one of these emails that seem to be from Cubic Castle do not login. Best to go to the actual website and login there. If there is any concerns, Im sure they can leave an email in your inbox there.

Comments

• WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    You are right, you should never use your CC account info anywhere other than the game or the official Cubic Castles website (cubiccastles.com). ALWAYS go to any website manually and then log in. Never use links in emails or dms to get to a website to log in. CC is not the only place people use this trick, they do it with social media sites, banks and other websites.

I know this is hard when it happens to your friends, I am sure support will do what they can to get the account back in the right hands.
  • Its very sad. I feel like Im the one that got hacked. Ty Whim. Its good to know someone cares :)
  • This is very upsetting that its still happening. All websites saying free cubits or anything like that, you should never go to those and give them your password. It's not safe. Also, don't click any links you don't recognize. They could be links that can track you or get information from your computer and hack your computer, not just your cubic account.
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I'm going to close this discussion because it has served it's purpose. I'm adding a link to the pinned discussion created a couple years ago by SirKewberth reminding everyone of the importance of keeping your account safe. If you hear about anyone that has used logged into one these websites or had their accounts stolen, tell them to contact support as soon as possible.
    https://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/17036/warning-how-to-keep-your-account-safe-read-this-first#latest
This discussion has been closed.