More Helpful Tools.

I understand this has been brought up too the administrators attention many many times. Seems everything the staff does isn’t enough. Grace and whims are doing more than great. In fact they are doing wonderous. I’d like to suggest moderators have a little bit more power and feel more entrusted. When it comes to rental plots, people seem to have a good idea to build inappropriate structures or make signs. either cussing out someone to get revenge, for this problem i’d Like to suggest every player be able to see who owns the plot Or maybe just moderators. And scams, when it comes to scams moderators automatically say go to support if it really can’t be resolved. And then if it can the player who really did scam will return the items. There is only soo much a moderator can do with scams.. Let’s go to banning, let’s have this as an example. Let’s say I went out and scammed 10 people. And then I get caught and I get banned for I dunno a week or two. So I use my alt, then I start scamming on that one. Moderators find out, I get banned again.. Let’s also say for the sake of this problem that I have no brothers or sisters, and we all know that bans aren’t ip. So I use a different account and they find out I’m also the same person that was scamming so they request a perm ban on me, you see the problem here? It was a loop. So the solution for this problem is a two different warn commands for the staff members. /ipwarnuser <> /warnuser <>
Let’s also say if the moderatorKNOWS that this person doesn’t have any brothers or sisters they can ipwarn them. Alrighty time to point out one last problem and have the solution for that. I also think if you’re still reading this, you’re starting to see what a moderator goes through everyday. I speak from experience (didn’t moderate for this game if you’re thinking that just to clarify) I am only trying to help out and suggest tools to help the game moderators... Ok so we all know that moderators can change realm names and change other people’s username, one thing they can’t do is change clan names. Let’s also say for this sake of this problem that I create a clan name “Little Idiot” but let’s pretend idiot is a bad word. So moderators warm me to change it. And I don’t do anything about it. 5 more people in the lobby with the same clan name show up. So the moderator warns them too to leave the clan or change their clan name. If the person doesn’t really do anything, the moderator has to ask support to remove it for them. Everything really goes through support, for this issue i’d Like
To suggest the same command just like the changing realm name and nam in general. If you you have read this for thank you, and I have no intentions in causing arguements in this disucussion.

Comments

• “and we all know bans aren’t ip”

Bans and mutes are almost always IP based. It doesn’t matter if it’s a permanent ban or not. I’ve requested mutes in the past to test this.

When it comes to permanent bans they sometimes ban the actual device from accessing the game if the player keeps bypassing the IP ban. So even if they change their IP they still can’t access the game on that device. Well.. until the banned player figures out how to remove the device ban, in which case the devs haven’t created (or haven’t used) another type of ban to get rid of the player.

I just wanted to say that bans are already IP based. Most people who get banned are just incredibly stupid and can’t even bypass the IP ban. If they do manage to bypass it then the devs go out of their way to ban the device, and almost all banned people aren’t smart enough to bypass that type of ban.

Also,

I suggest a /support command that sends a link to the support website. I’ve seen how hard it is for mods to get through some players heads how to contact support.

And since I’m already typing a message I might as well mention that I had claimed a few naughty clan names out of curiosity back in the day (got rid of the clans afterwards) If I where to get 100 people to join those clans, there would be people walking around with curse words on top of their names without any mods being able to do anything.
  • 'Dragon' said:

“and we all know bans aren’t ip”

Bans and mutes are almost always IP based. It doesn’t matter if it’s a permanent ban or not. I’ve requested mutes in the past to test this.

When it comes to permanent bans they sometimes ban the actual device from accessing the game if the player keeps bypassing the IP ban. So even if they change their IP they still can’t access the game on that device. Well.. until the banned player figures out how to remove the device ban, in which case the devs haven’t created (or haven’t used) another type of ban to get rid of the player.

I just wanted to say that bans are already IP based. Most people who get banned are just incredibly stupid and can’t even bypass the IP ban. If they do manage to bypass it then the devs go out of their way to ban the device, and almost all banned people aren’t smart enough to bypass that type of ban.

Also,

I suggest a /support command that sends a link to the support website. I’ve seen how hard it is for mods to get through some players heads how to contact support.

And since I’m already typing a message I might as well mention that I had claimed a few naughty clan names out of curiosity back in the day (got rid of the clans afterwards) If I where to get 100 people to join those clans, there would be people walking around with curse words on top of their names without any mods being able to do anything.

'Dragon' said:

“and we all know bans aren’t ip”

Also,

Thx you :). And yeah that last paragraph yup.