The Economy - Cubit Hackers - And Some disclosure

124»

Comments

• lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    CD87 said:

Still, any bugged/unstable item or feature is exploitable if given enough time and dedication.
    That's why beta testing is necessary in the first place.

Quoting sirkewberth:

"[...]you needed a hacking tool to edit game memory and then to set your real cubit balance in a specific range (using tip pigs) before sending messages to the server."
    This was no ordinary bug. You needed knowledge in cheat engine in order to make it work. You could have tested it as much as you wanted. If you werent to use CE you werent finding it out.
  • Piratax10Piratax10 Member
    edited April 2019
    lucaaa795 said:

Piratax10 said:

I will be honest, 5 years without a major glitch/hack like that is impressive! O-o

There were more attempts in past. The most known of them is pharamond's 1 cubit halloween pack. But that one was caught by devs pretty fast.
    dang, i did forget about that one
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Piratax10 said:

lucaaa795 said:

Piratax10 said:

I will be honest, 5 years without a major glitch/hack like that is impressive! O-o

There were more attempts in past. The most known of them is pharamond's 1 cubit halloween pack. But that one was caught by devs pretty fast.
    What about the guy who teleported through the ground to marble and cave arts in mines and automatically mined them?
  • Piratax10Piratax10 Member
    edited April 2019
    U said:

Piratax10 said:

lucaaa795 said:

Piratax10 said:

What about the guy who teleported through the ground to marble and cave arts in mines and automatically mined them?
    never heard about that one =/ (and i wouldn't consider it being major, it would only destroy cave arts and marble prices, compared to these 2 where they could destroy the whole economy)
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    U said:

Piratax10 said:

lucaaa795 said:

Piratax10 said:

He didnt teleport through the ground. He used CE in order to make every block invisible (really invisible not what we can do by not loading the realm properly) order to see only what he was interested in: Artifacts and marble.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    lucaaa795 said:

U said:

Piratax10 said:

lucaaa795 said:

Piratax10 said:

He didnt teleport through the ground. He used CE in order to make every block invisible (really invisible not what we can do by not loading the realm properly) order to see only what he was interested in: Artifacts and marble.
    He definitely was teleporting.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Think this thread has veered off some now and I'm not sure a greatest hits of past exploits is beneficial so I'm going to lock it off.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Small update. For those still concerned, rollback is a definite no now. While there's no perfect solution, we've managed to undo a lot of the trades and clean up more of the damage working these last few days on it. And a little later some more items will be added to help with affected pricing.
This discussion has been closed.