Sponsored Player Events.

Comments

• Sarco said:

Can't this be a way for scammers to scam .-.

True, but technically anything can be and we shouldn't let that constantly hold us back from trying new things :)
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    U said:

lucaaa795 said:

So how does one decide the event holder's budget? Let's say X needs 30k to do everything properly yet he asks for 50k.

Buff the prizes maybe? 30,000c to building, 70,000c to prizes.

Also a question:
    Let’s say somebody has a prebuilt parkour that people enjoy. Could they just use that as an event and only take 50k to give out as a prize?
    Brining this question down.
  • U said:

U said:

lucaaa795 said:

So how does one decide the event holder's budget? Let's say X needs 30k to do everything properly yet he asks for 50k.

Buff the prizes maybe? 30,000c to building, 70,000c to prizes.

Also a question:
    Let’s say somebody has a prebuilt parkour that people enjoy. Could they just use that as an event and only take 50k to give out as a prize?
    Brining this question down.
    It should be completely new...
  • This is cool. I always had event ideas in my mind, but didn't have the budget for it. This is very nice :D
  • Again, Will sponsored events appear under "Official Events" in the lobby?

cn someone answer this cuz thats my question tho xD

Again, Will sponsored events appear under "Official Events" in the lobby?

cn someone answer this cuz thats my question tho xD
    It’s already answered as the last question on the main post.
  • Awesome Idea! We are mainly busy with TCCU (The Cubic Castle Union) events, but would love to do more of our famous Flash-Build PvP's. This would help us provide a great realm and free building materials for participants! Also- providing prizes for entire teams has been too spendy on our part. Can't Wait!
  • I wanna ask @SirKewberth , if someone wants to just put a prize dispenser at the end with 50 prizes worth 1k each, instead of using the 50k for 10 ppls prizes or less, is it ok? It will even save your effort to give out the cubits if it’s a cubit prize
  • I really hope this will come out successfully and shed some new lights to the game.

Question:
    +Are we allowed to send in multiple entries?
    +Are we allowed to determine the way the prizes are distributed within the budget that we have?

Suggestions:
    +Put all the accepted events in the official event realm with the tag "Sponsored" or something else to promote them. (You can ask the mods to do this instead of doing it yourself)
    +Add a "Sponsored" tag on the forum to increase interactions with the post here.
  • CD87 said:

I really hope this will come out successfully and shed some new lights to the game.

Question:
    +Are we allowed to send in multiple entries?
    +Are we allowed to determine the way the prizes are distributed within the budget that we have?

Suggestions:
    +Put all the accepted events in the official event realm with the tag "Sponsored" or something else to promote them. (You can ask the mods to do this instead of doing it yourself)
    +Add a "Sponsored" tag on the forum to increase interactions with the post here.

When I entered my event to Kewberth (with prizes as items), he said it had to be cubits. But other than that, you can distribute them however you want, with a max of ten winners.
    What if we already have prizes but just need cubits for materials?
  • I have an idea for the prizes.

Let's say we want to give out a rare item (or more items) that don't exceed the 50k budget for prizes. Do we then buy the prizes ourselves, or will you give out the items by command?

E.g. 1st place prize - spider pet
    2nd place - an exe mask
    Etc.

• I have an idea for the prizes.

Let's say we want to give out a rare item (or more items) that don't exceed the 50k budget for prizes. Do we then buy the prizes ourselves, or will you give out the items by command?

2nd place - an exe mask
    Etc.

This could create problems. If they say you could and then the items rise to 500k (not likely) then it would ruin that
    'Sir.Fox' said:

I have an idea for the prizes.

2nd place - an exe mask
    Etc.

This could create problems. If they say you could and then the items rise to 500k (not likely) then it would ruin that
    They give you the whole 100,000c and none of it is used for the event..
  • lucaaa795 said:

Pious said:

Sponsored* x5
    Sponsor*

Pious said:

Sponsored* x5
    Sponsor*

Pious said:

Sponsored* x5
    Sponsor*

Pious said:

Sponsored* x5
    Sponsor*

Pious said:

Sponsored* x5
    Sponsor*

Bump.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    In the interest of simplicity I would prefer to keep it as a standard setup where everyone has the same settings. So I would not want to redirect the prize money to building money or anything like that.
  • In the interest of simplicity I would prefer to keep it as a standard setup where everyone has the same settings. So I would not want to redirect the prize money to building money or anything like that.

So, I guess no item prizes?
  • it means he does not want to allocate money, which should be used for prizes, as a payment for players.
  • BlitzFan said:

it means he does not want to allocate money, which should be used for prizes, as a payment for players.

I understood that part...
  • BlitzFan said:

it means he does not want to allocate money, which should be used for prizes, as a payment for players.

I understood that part...
    I dont think you have a chance to give item prizes. I gathered that they would add the cubits too the winners accounts.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Just want to clear this up because a lot of people seem confused.

The sponsership is for a single event and I will not just choose which events. I will be putting up the events for a player vote. Players will choose which events get sponsered.
  • Just want to clear this up because a lot of people seem confused.

The sponsership is for a single event and I will not just choose which events. I will be putting up the events for a player vote. Players will choose which events get sponsered.

by the way kewb you accidentally spelt sponsorship wrong
  • Just want to clear this up because a lot of people seem confused.

^

Just want to clear this up because a lot of people seem confused.

Whooops... will correct :-)
  • TumbleweedTumbleweed Member
    edited January 2019
    When does this event start/end ? And what happens if we run out of cubits, or have extra at the end?
  • When does this event start/end ? And what happens if we run out of cubits, or have extra at the end?

If you need more, you must supply it. If you have extras, take it as pay.
  • edited January 2019
    omg! I just joined the forums and had no idea you'd be doing this until I saw it! it sounds like an awesome idea! also, can we do this at any time?
  • When are the votings will start?
  • Well, another opportunity given by our savior, Kewberth.

I have lots of ideas that may help for whatever is happening, so I am participating in this event.

I will start the voting soon. I now have enough submissions. I will stop entries since it takes time to manage them. But I'll leave it open for a couple more days in case anyone is planning to submit.