Anti-Scamming Guide In-GAME (V8.5)

2»

Comments

• WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

Bump

You can't bump discussions that are not yours. Please read the forum rules. Thanks.
  • bump
  • useful guide
  • bumps
  • Worth reading
  • bump again
  • bumpsie
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator

Not to be toxic, but the supermajority of the people who would fall for these scams don't use the forums.

BJDware said:

Every player can do their part for the community as well, by raising such awareness! Have fun, play safe, be smart, be cautious, be aware and make others aware of the risks!

I Think the point would be to make forum users more wiser, and to encourage them to spread the wisdom among their fellow players. The word must start somewhere, and hopefully spread.

Nice guide. Definitely approve of the attitude *waves the anti scam flag*, but be careful that you are not teaching other types on the how as well. One of the main reasons as to why i stopped adding known methods to my ancient topic (under much deliberation).
  • Cub The CubicCub The Cubic Member
    edited July 2020
    Oh hey BJDware. Long time no see.

I will try to update this discussion often since it is fairly outdated and needs a bit more.
    EDIT: More scams added!
  • MEEPYZMEEPYZ Member
    add the website scams
  • lol i think you can't buy an item in the vend when it has seeds in it. like- you can't buy something in a vend when there's 2 items in it :V
  • MEEPYZ said:

add the website scams

I said In-GAME.

lol i think you can't buy an item in the vend when it has seeds in it. like- you can't buy something in a vend when there's 2 items in it :V

They might replace it with a footstep instead or something.
  • MEEPYZMEEPYZ Member
    but they make their hollas in game
  • MEEPYZ said:

but they make their hollas in game

But the hollas lead to the website, also it isn't really scamming, it's more of a hacking thing.
  • bummmmmmmmmmpppppppp
    added new sections
  • Add reg switch scams, like switching PJ's with pink pants and level 49 pets with level 0 pets
  • I created an suggestion for scamming with changing a pet level 49 to level 0. Search "Indicate Pet Level" in forums search, please support it and let Devs hear my suggestion.

I was scammed with this technique, I payed 11k and a Tip Piggy and he gave a Level 0 kitten.
  • I created an suggestion for scamming with changing a pet level 49 to level 0. Search "Indicate Pet Level" in forums search, please support it and let Devs hear my suggestion.

I was scammed with this technique, I payed 11k and a Tip Piggy and he gave a Level 0 kitten.

Here is the link: https://forums2.cubiccastles.com/discussion/30989/indicate-pet-level/p1
  • ItsDane said:

I created an suggestion for scamming with changing a pet level 49 to level 0. Search "Indicate Pet Level" in forums search, please support it and let Devs hear my suggestion.

Here is the link: https://forums2.cubiccastles.com/discussion/30989/indicate-pet-level/p1

okie
  • Another way someone can try to scam you: They say they will scam you and pay you back more than they scammed you for so they can make a youtube video. They don't pay you back.
  • Another way someone can try to scam you: They say they will scam you and pay you back more than they scammed you for so they can make a youtube video. They don't pay you back.

And also paying people later, that's such a scam. pay it all at once, and every single 10 year old with a brain can make a yt account

And also paying people later, that's such a scam. pay it all at once, and every single 10 year old with a brain can make a yt account
    That one's more of a very rare scam, it's not very likely to happen.